Page 501 of 808 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 12112

Finally got around to reading Enemy of the State 2 !

I really do feel Taylor is far too kind to Laura (put her through the wringer! stories just aren't as compelling when you wave away traumatic experiences). And the wider Marvel U takes up way more panel time than I'd like. Laura's triumphant victory taking place whilst she cosplays Iron Man just felt really silly. Definitely the weaker of those first three arcs.

Pre-reading I'd caught myself slowly falling for the "Classic" Wolverine look, most likely due to the Pop Figure which looks great, and wishing for a bit more time with that, but post-reading I'm totally over it. It's a costume that works so entirely for the stories and character Taylor is writing, but more and more I feel like that character isn't really the Laura I enjoy reading. I feel like Laura, as the All-New Wolverine, has been "moving on" from the past by running away from it. Perhaps I'm just nostalgic for a different era of comics, perhaps I missed some important character beats in the Wolverines series (which I skipped), but I just don't feel convinced by her journey into quippy, cameo-prone, team-up loving, standard superhero fare. My hope is that this new/resurreXion costume makes some kind of influence on the depiction of Laura.
    The trigger-scent-iron-maiden was my favourite idea in here. In a kind of twisted way, I wish it had worked.

Regardless of my gripes though, I'd take twenty more issues of EotS2 quality before letting this series get cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Finally got around to reading Enemy of the State 2 !

I really do feel Taylor is far too kind to Laura (put her through the wringer! stories just aren't as compelling when you wave away traumatic experiences). And the wider Marvel U takes up way more panel time than I'd like. Laura's triumphant victory taking place whilst she cosplays Iron Man just felt really silly. Definitely the weaker of those first three arcs.

Pre-reading I'd caught myself slowly falling for the "Classic" Wolverine look, most likely due to the Pop Figure which looks great, and wishing for a bit more time with that, but post-reading I'm totally over it. It's a costume that works so entirely for the stories and character Taylor is writing, but more and more I feel like that character isn't really the Laura I enjoy reading. I feel like Laura, as the All-New Wolverine, has been "moving on" from the past by running away from it. Perhaps I'm just nostalgic for a different era of comics, perhaps I missed some important character beats in the Wolverines series (which I skipped), but I just don't feel convinced by her journey into quippy, cameo-prone, team-up loving, standard superhero fare. My hope is that this new/resurreXion costume makes some kind of influence on the depiction of Laura.
    The trigger-scent-iron-maiden was my favourite idea in here. In a kind of twisted way, I wish it had worked.

Regardless of my gripes though, I'd take twenty more issues of EotS2 quality before letting this series get cancelled.
    I agree with what you're saying. I also feel like the Laura stories Taylor prefers to write aren't the Laura stories I prefer to read. I haven't even read the latest issue yet because I've been steadily losing interest. I still want to support the book because it's Laura, but I'm having trouble remembering the last issue that illicited a stronger response from me than "that was pretty decent". I don't want to hate but Taylor hasn't wowed me for a while now. I don't think the book is bad, I'm just finding it.. bland. Serviceable, with some good character beats at times, but overall bland. (Though I found EOTS2 straight up disappointing.)

Astonishing Member

Stop motion laura becomes venom

https://youtu.be/_e9Gi88txtY

BANNED

Edge of Venomverse #1 was interesting. It's a much more different universe than just a "What If...?" scenario.

I kind of missed Laura just mercilessly killing The Facility members. I like that we can get that kind of duality of "No Killing" Wolverine with "IDGAF" Venomized X-23.

Also, I find it odd that the Symbiote would turn into a Wolverine-esque form when taking over Laura. I know it's to relate her to PrimeMU!Laura but it wouldn't make much sense in-universe. Unless it was just me and I missed a scene but that's just a tiny gripe with the overall story, which was an otherwise amazing issue. Sucks we see the NYX kids in an event prelude for alternate universes before All-New Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also, I find it odd that the Symbiote would turn into a Wolverine-esque form when taking over Laura. I know it's to relate her to PrimeMU!Laura but it wouldn't make much sense in-universe. Unless it was just me and I missed a scene but that's just a tiny gripe with the overall story, which was an otherwise amazing issue. Sucks we see the NYX kids in an event prelude for alternate universes before All-New Wolverine.
    I'm curious how Laura came by her name in this universe, since it appears Sarah Kinney either didn't exist, or exists in a completely different context in Venomverse.

And at least Marvel hasn't forgotten about them entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also, I find it odd that the Symbiote would turn into a Wolverine-esque form when taking over Laura. I know it's to relate her to PrimeMU!Laura but it wouldn't make much sense in-universe.
    Is Venomverse Laura not still a Logan clone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Venomverse Laura not still a Logan clone?
    I presume so, however all we know:

She was still bred and raised at the Facility, where she made several escape attempts apparently on her own volition. The last and successful one ended with her bonded with the Symbiote. She also still got mixed up with Kiden Nixon and the rest of the kids, but under MUCH different circumstances (only two months after escaping, rather than 2 years, and she was never one of Zebra Daddy's prostitutes. Instead Daddy was going after the NYX kids because they owned him money).

Honestly, I think the concept of the book was far more interesting than the actual execution. There wasn't much plot to speak of, and it ends very abruptly on a cliffhanger. Wasn't overly fond of the artwork, either.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm curious how Laura came by her name in this universe, since it appears Sarah Kinney either didn't exist, or exists in a completely different context in Venomverse.

And at least Marvel hasn't forgotten about them entirely.
    Nothing says Sarah doesnt exist. Its not really important to the overall venomversr so i t was needed id wager. I agree that the symbiote disnt need wolverine designs or the spider unless theres a history with either in this universe.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Nothing says Sarah doesnt exist. Its not really important to the overall venomversr so i t was needed id wager. I agree that the symbiote disnt need wolverine designs or the spider unless theres a history with either in this universe.
    It's possible that Sarah died in one of Laura's earlier escape attempts in this universe, and that's why she's trying to escape instead of obeying her commands, seeing as how escaping was given to her as a mission. Just a guess.

Also, the preview for All-New Wolverine 22 is up - http://wethenerdy.com/exclusive-prev...-wolverine-22/
    Last edited by healed1337; 06-29-2017 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

All-New Wolverine will be continuing into Legacy as-is. No renumbering, relaunch, or change of title (Was hoping they'd at least drop the "All-New"). The arc beginning in #25 is called Orphans of X.

Astonishing Member

All-New Wolverine will be continuing into Legacy as-is. No renumbering, relaunch, or change of title (Was hoping they'd at least drop the "All-New"). The arc beginning in #25 is called Orphans of X.
    Safe to say it will involve all of logans kids. Jimmy meeting laura (and gabby vs jimmy , I dont want him to loose that badly) maby the male clone logan left in space and avery connor. I'm also assuming it will eventually lead to logan returning and oml leaving.
    Sucks she dosent get legacy numbering
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-30-2017 at 01:51 PM.

BANNED

Laura and Jimmy already met during the UU crossover in Bendis' ANXM. It was briefly touched on they're kinda-sorta related, but not explored in much detail.

It'd make sense for the arc to involve all of Logan's kids, especially since they are all literally orphans. Or maybe I'm reaching. But how many of Logan's kids are there currently in the MU? Because this seems like a "Battle for the Cowl"-esque arc from the name and cover by Anka.
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-30-2017 at 02:57 PM.