Page 51 of 808 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    why?
    wouldn't her healing factor take care of that as well? With that in mind does she even need to eat at all? Shouldn't healing factor essentially keep her alive and in top condition regardless of the situation?
    AFAIK the healing factor is just the natural healing processes on overdrive (to the point of being able to regenerate lost limbs and preventing the cellular decay and mutation that's part of the aging process). She's still subject to the same biological needs as any other human being (which is why Wolverine was able to drown Daken in a puddle; his healing factor doesn't eliminate his need for oxygen).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    AFAIK the healing factor is just the natural healing processes on overdrive (to the point of being able to regenerate lost limbs and preventing the cellular decay and mutation that's part of the aging process). She's still subject to the same biological needs as any other human being (which is why Wolverine was able to drown Daken in a puddle; his healing factor doesn't eliminate his need for oxygen).
    but Wolverine's healing factor healed his mind when he was ready to accept the shock that remembering everything would cause. So I don't think is normal healing process overclocked, maybe it is but I think its more like a mutant gene that keeps their host in the best possible shape, hence why Wolverine doesn't age the healing factor keeps him in his prime... this is all speculative on my part though so chances of you being right are extremely high

is there a list of X-23's healing factor moments?

BANNED

is there a list of X-23's healing factor moments?
    I don't know if anything specific that's been compiled, but it's all been of a regenerative nature (riddled with bullets, which seems to happen to her a LOT; burns; broken bones; lacerations; etc.)

I don't know if anything specific that's been compiled, but it's all been of a regenerative nature (riddled with bullets, which seems to happen to her a LOT; burns; broken bones; lacerations; etc.)
    can she recover lost limbs or heal mental trauma? Wolverine can and her healing factor is supposedly better than his

BANNED

can she recover lost limbs or heal mental trauma? Wolverine can and her healing factor is supposedly better than his
    She's been shown regrowing severed limbs, yes (in fact she can reattach them entirely, too). No sign of her healing mental trauma, though, considering she remembers ALL of the horrific shit the Facility, Zebra Daddy, etc. did to her (TBH, I find the idea of Wolverine's healing factor "healing" his trauma as an explanation for his swiss cheesed memory for most of his history to be pretty stupid).

Fantastic Member

Laura actually needs to eat huge amounts of food to simply replace the lost material of her many wounds, she also has superhuman strength and even if her muscles are just that more capable and resilient, she still needs the fuel to feed her fire. The healing factor can only repair the body if spare parts are available. Also, if the healing factor is effectively keeping their owners young(er), they can slim down like young people (biologically speaking, they are young), it gets much more difficult as one gets older.

...it just occurred to me that that may be the reason why Logan drinks so much beer, the concentration of alcohol is not high enough to affect him, but it gives him the shear mass of calories he needs to function. He may not usually drink softdrinks simply because he is from a time where there were no (modern) softdrinks and simply prefers the slightly bitter taste over the super-sweetness. After all it is not just his nose that is keener, but also all his other senses including his sense of taste. I assume Logan, Laura and Daken perceive the world of smells more like a dog rather than a human. (it's like describing colours to a colourblind person) It is also no wonder he always wears a hat during the day if he can help it and is more at ease in the dark when his (and by extension, Laura's and Daken's too) eyes are not so overloaded with information.
    Last edited by Platinius; 08-07-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

It was mentioned that Laura has an affinity for spicy foods though more because of the tastelessness of everything that they gave her at the facility. Also it would be kind of funny to see a few scenes of her pigging out in front of everyone.

Fantastic Member

I don't think she would pig out, but I like to think that she continues eating long after the others have finished, emptying plate after plate. It is something that could be added to the background drawings, to give her world more depth with sometimes people making a joke about it, it's the little details that give a story life, like Scott being colourblind because of the red visor or Logan weighing over a 130 kg because of the adamantium or the fact that he has (fake) papers for medical implants to get through metal detectors without too much of a hassle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    I don't think she would pig out, but I like to think that she continues eating long after the others have finished, emptying plate after plate. It is something that could be added to the background drawings, to give her world more depth with sometimes people making a joke about it, it's the little details that give a story life, like Scott being colourblind because of the red visor or Logan weighing over a 130 kg because of the adamantium or the fact that he has (fake) papers for medical implants to get through metal detectors without too much of a hassle.
    Yeah, there's so little humor with Laura, it might be nice to see a little bit of levity.

BTW, Dannith just put up another beautiful piece of work:

dumb question but, where do Laura's claws come from? Her knuckles or uhhh... that area between the fingers?

where do you prefer them coming out from, I've seen different artist take liberties on where these come from... although I bet my green eyes blue eyes theory might have something to do with it :P

personally I like them coming out from between the fingers since it looks cool. But what do you all prefer?

BANNED

dumb question but, where do Laura's claws come from? Her knuckles or uhhh... that area between the fingers?

where do you prefer them coming out from, I've seen different artist take liberties on where these come from... although I bet my green eyes blue eyes theory might have something to do with it :P

personally I like them coming out from between the fingers since it looks cool. But what do you all prefer?
    I think it works better coming from between the fingers, as shown in that pic by Dannith. It's easier to imagine her skeleton having the necessary adaptations to allow for the claws if they pop from between the fingers rather than from the knuckles themselves (IE, channels in the bones of the hand and wrist, with the claws themselves stowed between the radius and ulna). Yes, yes, comic book character. But I'm an analytical person and it makes it easier on my suspension of disbelief to figure out how it could ACTUALLY work).

I think it works better coming from between the fingers, as shown in that pic by Dannith. It's easier to imagine her skeleton having the necessary adaptations to allow for the claws if they pop from between the fingers rather than from the knuckles themselves (IE, channels in the bones of the hand and wrist, with the claws themselves stowed between the radius and ulna). Yes, yes, comic book character. But I'm an analytical person and it makes it easier on my suspension of disbelief to figure out how it could ACTUALLY work).
    nothing wrong with that, to each their own
    like I said I also like it from between the fingers although I know next to nothing about bone structure... other than it's really important unless you're a boneless chicken, in which case you're delicious

Ultimate Member

The only real problem with that is that she shouldn't then be able to bend her wrists. It's actually one of the things that gets brought up about Jackman in the X-films from time to time. Frankly the claws don't really make sense in that regard not matter what, so you just kind of have to overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The only real problem with that is that she shouldn't then be able to bend her wrists. It's actually one of the things that gets brought up about Jackman in the X-films from time to time. Frankly the claws don't really make sense in that regard not matter what, so you just kind of have to overlook it.
    I think they make a lot of sense... a lot of sense at being FREAKING COOL!
    seriously I wish people would accept fiction for what it is and enjoy it. Or at least let everyone else enjoy it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think they can work if the claws are short enough that her wrists are clear when they're retracted, while extending them locks her wrists in place. Jackman was pretty good about that in the films, actually, as I don't recall many, if any, cases of him flexing his wrists while the claws were out.

Say, make them a little bit shorter than the distance between the base of her carpals and the elbow joint, which should provide enough clearance to allow her wrists to flex normally while retracted. They would necessarily need to have a fairly small cross-section, as well (much like Logan's bone claws in the films). Extending her claws locks her wrists so she can't flex them (rotation isn't as much of a problem. She might lose some range of motion with her claws extended, but not enough to interfere with her ability to fight with them). You could even get around her having to consciously align her wrists by tying the connective tissue for her claws directly into the tendons and musculature of her hands and wrists, so extending the claws automatically positions her hands to clear the channels through which the claws extend.

Anyway...

Grabbed this from the Kitty Pryde thread:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/07...over-revealed/

One of the Death of Wolverine cover variants, featuring Wolverine's "daughters" mourning at his grave (unclear whether the girl on the right is meant to be Armor or Amiko, though). Definitely needs to be a scene like this at some point in the books themselves.