Page 534 of 808 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    If Laura is (or was) seen to be 17 when Liu’s story took place. Then how could Sutter be in college? And do you think she would have gone to a small child and explained that she killed his parents? Really? I can see why you enjoy ANW.
    Using some random kid we'd never even heard of before instead of Henry Sutter COMPLETELY UNDERMINES THE ENTIRE REASON HER CHOOSING TO SPARE HENRY WAS IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST GODDAMNED PLACE. Sparing Henry is THE ONLY REASON Sarah realized Laura could still be saved. It's RIGHT THERE IN INNOCENCE LOST that that was the moment Sarah knew she hadn't lost her humanity entirely, and that doesn't work at all if you run with Liu's idea that there were OTHER people she refused to kill.

God, you're as bad as yogaflame and Claremont when it comes to X-23 and Liu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Using some random kid we'd never even heard of before instead of Henry Sutter COMPLETELY UNDERMINES THE ENTIRE REASON HER CHOOSING TO SPARE HENRY WAS IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST GODDAMNED PLACE. Sparing Henry is THE ONLY REASON Sarah realized Laura could still be saved. It's RIGHT THERE IN INNOCENCE LOST that that was the moment Sarah knew she hadn't lost her humanity entirely, and that doesn't work at all if you run with Liu's idea that there were OTHER people she refused to kill.

God, you're as bad as yogaflame and Claremont when it comes to X-23 and Liu.
    You leave Dhalsim out of this! But real talk. I really need to see Henry Sutter on panel with Laura again. The kid HAS to have some type of mental scars from that tragedy at the Sutter house.

Astonishing Member

What i want to know is, dosr henery know he's rice's son, why his dad did and why laura was sent after his family ? If he doesn't thats a edg laura cout use aginst him. Assuming hes the big bad.

BANNED

Haven't seen this posted anywhere before, but I've found a translation for Laura's angry Spanish rant when she first speaks in Logan. It actually explains exactly WHY she hadn't been talking for the rest of the film up to that point:

Why do you want me to talk to you if you're always insulting me, yelling at me, if you try to leave me behind? You want me to open my mouth ...
    I've seen a lot of speculation as to why she didn't talk, (at least her character's reasons, rather than Mangold wanting to subvert the snarky teen sidekick trope) including that it was part of her feral behavior early in the film. Turns out the reason is actually pretty simple: Logan was being a dick to her, and she just plain didn't WANT to talk to him as a result. Given the context, I'm betting this is the part Jackman mentioned in that one interview, where during a break in filming he approached Keen's mother to apologize for the bad language he was screaming, and she laughed it off by telling him that during one of the takes Daf called him a cunt.

It's actually kind of a fun detail, and shows just how much depth they put into her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    HAWKEYE #12
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • MICHAEL WALSH (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Hawkeye’s latest showdown with Madame Masque has left her fed up with clones — and all of the shenanigans surrounding them. So when Laura Kinney, the All-New Wolverine, shows up in L.A. on the hunt for a mad scientist bent on creating an army of Wolverine clones, Kate volunteers the services of Hawkeye Investigations.
    When I see this, this is the first thing that comes to mind...
    art.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    When I see this, this is the first thing that comes to mind...
    art.jpg
    Also funny considering OML is having a crossover with Hawkeye rn.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also funny considering OML is having a crossover with Hawkeye rn.
    Yeah. It really is an uncanny coincidence.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Henry Sutter was a toddler and Laura was 13 when she killed his parents.

Attachment 53533

If Laura is (or was) seen to be 17 when Liu’s story took place. Then how could Sutter be in college? And do you think she would have gone to a small child and explained that she killed his parents? Really? I can see why you enjoy ANW.
    Attachment 53534
    Attachment 53535

It also doesn’t make sense given what we’ve seen in Target X.

If you read Target X, she’s wearing the same clothes when she escaped the Facility and when she is seen spying on her Aunt’s family. So she must have escaped right from the Facility to her Aunts house. Meaning that her time as a prostitute took place after the events of Target X. The age listed when she’s lying over her mother is 13 and when she shows up at her aunts if 14. I am going to assume that she was on the verge of turning 14 when she escaped, because there’s a re-cap of Laura’s life which can be found the second X-23 collected volume that testifies to the fact that the events of NYX takes place afterwards.

Someone posted on the old forum that for ZD, to control her like that must be some kind of telepath. Like Kilgore in Jessica Jones (the Netflix show). Either that or extreme grief. Because it’s a strange decision to make voluntarily for a character who had up until that point been shown as a fighter who never quit. The scene in Target X where she told off the principle tells us that she isn’t completely a passive doormat.
    Target X is pretty irrelevant when it comes to what the films might do.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Figured I'd post solicits for the teams she's appearing on. It's safe to say Marvel Legacy is definitely giving Laura more exposure. Wouldn't say Cable is a team book or that she's officially joining Weapon X but it's really cool to see her acknowledged outside her solo.

*Laura being on multiple teams makes sense in this instance. Her past self is on the "Newer Mutants" while she guest-stars in Weapon X. Just want to know where it fits in relation to her solo. I had a rough sketch of Laura's timeline with the ANX-Men and her appearances in Ghost Rider.*

CABLE #151
    ED BRISSON (W) • JON MALIN (A/C)
    Variant Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
    The NEWER Mutants Part 2
    • Someone is killing off members of an ancient group of mutants called the Externals...
    • But Cable’s crew of New Mutants are jumping through time to find the killer once and for all.
    • And their investigation leads straight to the vampiric mistress Selene!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WEAPON X #11
    GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE (W)
    MARC BORSTEL & IBRAIM ROBERSON (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Design Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    • The hunt for Weapon H concludes!
    • With Dr. Alba in control of Weapon H, it’s down to Old Man Logan to save him…or put him down for good.
    • Guest-starring Laura Kinney, the All-New Wolverine!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

*sorry Ambaryerno, didn't see you already posted the Weapon X #11 solicit
    Wait... they're re-visiting the External storyline? interesting.

also... Domino, OML, Warpath, Deathstrike and Sabertooth vs a souped up Hulk.... hmmm which hulk I wonder...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait... they're re-visiting the External storyline? interesting.

also... Domino, OML, Warpath, Deathstrike and Sabertooth vs a souped up Hulk.... hmmm which hulk I wonder...
    It's some kid a Weapon X like outfit has been growing into a mutant-killer by combining samples of their previous efforts along with the Hulk... most of them have blown up however, this is the first functioning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's some kid a Weapon X like outfit has been growing into a mutant-killer by combining samples of their previous efforts along with the Hulk... most of them have blown up however, this is the first functioning one.
    why would they send it after Deathstrike though? Or is she just helping out?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

They were getting here DNA and cybernetics for her healing factor
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    They were getting here DNA and cybernetics for her healing factor
    hmm... same sort of mistake Bastion made. He tried turning her into a Sentinel once.... only tried it once.

BANNED

Marcio Takara

BANNED

Healing factor and likely for some insight into the adamantium bonding-process