Page 55 of 808 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I just read the issue. Laura's dialogue is still somewhat "off" but not too bad. I actually thought that the actual conversation between her and 05 Angel was quite well-done. We got Laura's issue with self-loathing/self-image (her comment about Jean being prettier than her reminds me of her "I am not hot" comment to Jubilee in Liu's run) and her not really understanding WHY Warren likes hanging out with her. And we got Warren being nice and charming. It was cute, and I also like that they're not being pushed as some epic love story for the ages. They're too teens who had fun on a date and might like hanging out together, nothing more. That's the best way to handle something like this.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So they didn't randomly have sex?

Please say that's the case as Laura deserves better than to sleep with the first guy she finds after basically being left out to dry by a guy, whose oblivious to this, she was interested in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Please say that's the case as Laura deserves better than to sleep with the first guy she finds after basically being left out to dry by a guy, whose oblivious to this, she was interested in.
    It seems it could go either way. Laura DID wake up in Warren's bed in a state of undress, and it at least appears the undressing may have been done mutually.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it was actually a bit unclear. Laura did wake up without her pants on (although she was still wearing underwear), and Warren was shirtless. And there was his comment about the clubbing "being only the first part." However, there's also nothing that completely confirms things one way or the other. I'm actually not sure if they're meant to have had sex or not. Plus Laura might have been drunk (she didn't remember the night before until Warren told her, but it wasn't confirmed to be alcohol related either) but Warren didn't seem to be. If she was, then I cannot see him taking advantage of her like that. So it's a case of "maybe they did but maybe they didn't" at this point. Maybe we'll get concrete info in a future issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, it was actually a bit unclear. Laura did wake up without her pants on (although she was still wearing underwear), and Warren was shirtless. And there was his comment about the clubbing "being only the first part." However, there's also nothing that completely confirms things one way or the other. I'm actually not sure if they're meant to have had sex or not. Plus Laura might have been drunk (she didn't remember the night before until Warren told her, but it wasn't confirmed to be alcohol related either) but Warren didn't seem to be. If she was, then I cannot see him taking advantage of her like that. So it's a case of "maybe they did but maybe they didn't" at this point. Maybe we'll get concrete info in a future issue.
    I would think #31 may clear that up based on the preview. Bobby appears to be giving Warren congratulations of some sort, (there's definitely a thumb's up at the end of their exchange) and it certainly looks like Laura and Jean are sharing a brief talk about Warren. I would hope there's still a bit of lingering uncertainty on Laura's part about how to proceed. Move her forward, yes, but make it clear this is still unfamiliar territory for her (her aborted relationship with Hellion gave her no better of an idea of how to deal with her feelings).

The exchange with Jean Grey whatever it is looks interesting. Looks like her jealousy of more normal and in her eyes prettier girls is coming out when Jean seemingly acts like a normal teenage girl and tries to get the gossip. Iceman of course being a guy seems to also be acting like a teenager and congratulating one of the bros. It wouldn't really surprise me if they did do things Laura much like Logan can be a spontaneous in the moment type who can do things her way much like she dragged Warren into a club to go dancing (Apparently she picked that one up from Jubilee lol). I think the social issues are probably going to come when she realizes she can't keep everything a secret and everyone finds out about their little adventure. She'll perhaps have to learn that her response to her feelings can't always be anger and curling up in her shell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    The exchange with Jean Grey whatever it is looks interesting. Looks like her jealousy of more normal and in her eyes prettier girls is coming out when Jean seemingly acts like a normal teenage girl and tries to get the gossip. Iceman of course being a guy seems to also be acting like a teenager and congratulating one of the bros. It wouldn't really surprise me if they did do things Laura much like Logan can be a spontaneous in the moment type who can do things her way much like she dragged Warren into a club to go dancing (Apparently she picked that one up from Jubilee lol). I think the social issues are probably going to come when she realizes she can't keep everything a secret and everyone finds out about their little adventure. She'll perhaps have to learn that her response to her feelings can't always be anger and curling up in her shell.
    True that Laura HAS shown a tendency to at times act on impulse (IE trying to run off alone to rescue Mercury during NXM). It actually gives her an interesting duality if you think about it; she's meticulous and strategic, but can at times be impulsive and reckless.

Also, the idea of Laura being fiercely protective of her privacy (makes sense considering all her actions were closely monitored and controlled by the Facility prior to her escape) coming into conflict with A) sharing living quarters with at least five telepaths between Emma, Jean and the Cuckoos (none of whom show a particular restraint over eavesdropping) and B) a bunch of nosy teenagers could make for some interesting developments, particularly as she tries to adjust to the idea of being open to a normal relationship after whatever caused her to hold back around Julian.

I'd love to see something more come of Laura's feelings of inadequacy next to Jean, and Warren's assurances they're misplaced. You can't say she's never put thoughts into her fashion at all (as has been noted many times, she absolutely ROCKS the goth look, so she clearly understands what she's doing) but otherwise we've never seen her give much consideration to her appearance. The idea of Laura beginning to take a bit more pride in her looks -- especially after being compared favorably with Jean Grey entering her prime -- would be a nice development in of itself.

For some reason now I want to see her try to dress girly as she awkwardly tries to figure out the whole relationship thing, lol.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, I "hope" that Warren was a gentleman and didn't bed X-23 after only a single date with all things considered. If he treats her right and takes it slow, and doesn't push for sex, I will have much more respect for his character since he'll be shown as understanding of X-23's own personal feelings.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-14-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Well, I "hope" that Warren was a gentleman and didn't bed X-23 after only a single date with all things considered. If he treats her right and takes it slow, and doesn't push for sex, I will have much more respect for his character since he'll be shown as understanding of X-23's own personal feelings.
    Hear! Hear!

Warren can be a nice guy when he tries and this is pre-Archangel Warren so even better - no weird mood swings.

Even if somebody pushed for sex i think these days Laura is a lot stronger about her own choices so i don't think he could make her do anything she doesn't want to do anyway. She seems to be the one dragging him into her idea of fun...Which is apparently going to dirty looking alternative clubs and getting into a brawl XD.

BANNED

I still find that creepy considering Laura's relationship with normal Adult Angel/Arch Angel via X-force.

Fantastic Member

Didn't she something along the lines that he is unreliable and out of control, including and particularly his own?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I still find that creepy considering Laura's relationship with normal Adult Angel/Arch Angel via X-force.
    Having a strange or morally questionable relationship is kind of a rite of passage with the X-men.

Ultimate Member

Plus, this ISN'T the same Angel. So I'm really not seeing what's "creepy" about it?

I wouldn't say she has much of a relationship with the adult Warren beyond they were on the same team for a while in X Force. They barely interacted with each other beyond business. She argued with Logan a couple of times that he should be kicked from X Force due to his tendency to lose it. But yes different Angel's from different universes and stuff.

This is about the most interaction i remember them having in that whole run.

Last edited by Moondoggie; 08-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.