Page 616 of 808 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 12112
    BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Could the next arc be a apology tour of her trying to make up for everything she did ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Could the next arc be a apology tour of her trying to make up for everything she did ?
    I was wondering about that, if the events of Orphans of X forces Laura to reexamine the things she did under the Facility. She's in a bizarre middle ground where she can accept that she's not culpable since she was under their control, but at the same time she still holds herself responsible.

There's DEFINITELY a hint that her first mission will be revisited.

Astonishing Member

I was wondering about that, if the events of Orphans of X forces Laura to reexamine the things she did under the Facility. She's in a bizarre middle ground where she can accept that she's not culpable since she was under their control, but at the same time she still holds herself responsible.

There's DEFINITELY a hint that her first mission will be revisited.
    The think with her that makes her a better wolverine in the hero category is she wants to be held responsible as akin to Logan who would go on a rampage,have a beer and never speek of it again. If enemy of state 2 went the way she wanted she would have turned herself in. She wanst to be a hero to a fault. Ex Deku from my hero acadimai the'll do the right thing even if it kills them without hesitation. Even if the family of someone she killed forgive her she'd still try to somting to make up for it reguardleas of how it effects her. If it is a apology tour and she dose want to make up for her first mission she would offer to go to jail or give the family a favor that she shouldn't.

Thinking about it it could make her as the question.do i deserve to be wolverine?

Daken shoots "Sarah Kinney", now up for moment of the month.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...mber-2017.html
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The think with her that makes her a better wolverine in the hero category is she wants to be held responsible as akin to Logan who would go on a rampage,have a beer and never speek of it again. If enemy of state 2 went the way she wanted she would have turned herself in. She wanst to be a hero to a fault. Ex Deku from my hero acadimai the'll do the right thing even if it kills them without hesitation. Even if the family of someone she killed forgive her she'd still try to somting to make up for it reguardleas of how it effects her. If it is a apology tour and she dose want to make up for her first mission she would offer to go to jail or give the family a favor that she shouldn't.

Thinking about it it could make her as the question.do i deserve to be wolverine?
    Hm...

I just realized that if this is a five-issue arc to fill out the 6th trade, (31-36, so it would be included with the standalone issue 31) barring any double months #36 is due to release in August. IIRC, that's when OG Logan is expected to make his official return to the comics. So if the story is indeed Laura reexamining her past after the events of Orphans of X and asking whether she truly deserves to be Wolverine, or even be called a hero at all, this could be building up to the impact his return will have on her future.

Astonishing Member

Hm...

I just realized that if this is a five-issue arc to fill out the 6th trade, (31-36, so it would be included with the standalone issue 31) barring any double months #36 is due to release in August. IIRC, that's when OG Logan is expected to make his official return to the comics. So if the story is indeed Laura reexamining her past after the events of Orphans of X and asking whether she truly deserves to be Wolverine, or even be called a hero at all, this could be building up to the impact his return will have on her future.
    The seeds for what will happen to her when Logan returns should be planted in the emd of orphans of x. We know she wont go anywhere because of Red and people's want to see her and Logan together. She might be giving up the name and how she does it could go either way. If she had to give up the name she could go by ronin.Innocence lost was supost to be named ronin so it would be a nice callback and a samuri motif would work well with her. The may solicitations are going to be very intresting.

Side note about the traid the 6th traid starts with issue 30 not 31. The 5th is 25-29. And OML curent ark end when 32 starts.I think after 36 and OML will be a tie in to Logan retuen the prequal to that come in August his offial retuen should start then.

Also given all the shit logan got away with if im calling Bull if she permently gives up the name
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-10-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Well it doesn’t look like she is considering her role in Red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Well it doesn’t look like she is considering her role in Red.
    To be fair, she could give up the Wolverine name without giving up her role in Red. Regardless, Marvel is going to do SOMETHING to address the situation. Laura going on a journey of self-reflection in the aftermath of OoX would offer the means of doing so, whatever the outcome may be.

Heh, just thought of this one:

Laura going back and looking at her past actions could offer an opportunity for Taylor to address her frielationship with Hellion. Upon reflection she realizes that she made mistakes during their "breakup" as well, and she seeks him out to apologize for her part.

This could also be a way to bring back Kiden and the NYX kids; Laura realizes that she should have done more for them after she joined the X-Men, and tries to make amends (can you imagine how beneficial it could have been for Emma, Rachel, or the Cuckoos, or even Xavier while he was still kicking around pre-AvX, to work with Li'l Bro?).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Laura has only received 1 vote (from me) so far!

http://community.comicbookresources....omicdom/page13

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Laura has only received 1 vote (from me) so far!

http://community.comicbookresources....omicdom/page13
    Voted. Didn’t see the thread because I don’t usually leave the X-Board.

To be fair, she could give up the Wolverine name without giving up her role in Red. Regardless, Marvel is going to do SOMETHING to address the situation. Laura going on a journey of self-reflection in the aftermath of OoX would offer the means of doing so, whatever the outcome may be.).
    If she did give up the name, I doubt she’d be wearing the costume.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

So, I recently discovered that there are fandom-related playlist on Spotify. I found some for Kate Bishop that I found to be quite in line with the character. However, Laura, poor thing, didn't fare so well. The two I found for Laura were too pop-y, even going so far, on one of them, as to have a song by Katy Perry! WTF!! I had such hopes for this.. :/
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    So, I recently discovered that there are fandom-related playlist on Spotify. I found some for Kate Bishop that I found to be quite in line with the character. However, Laura, poor thing, didn't fare so well. The two I found for Laura were too pop-y, even going so far, on one of them, as to have a song by Katy Perry! WTF!! I had such hopes for this.. :/
    Given that she seems to go to goth-y nightclubs, I'd imagine the most mainstream her playlist would get is Nightwish, or something.

Astonishing Member

Given that she seems to go to goth-y nightclubs, I'd imagine the most mainstream her playlist would get is Nightwish, or something.
    Add metallica, there songs unforgiving and and untill it sleeps fit her perfectly.