Page 630 of 808 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Jeen: "Oh my GAWD, Warren, can you STOP? Laura broke up with you less than a month ago."
    Warren: "I broke it off with her actua--"
    Jeen: "Pffft. Please." <taps temple>
    Really wish that would be a thing in Blue but looks like Bunn doesn’t want to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2017/12/2...p-playing-her/

Now stuff like this just makes me sad. #Feelsbadman
    I would love to see Dafne Keen play X-23 in another movie as well. She really stole the show in every scene she was in throughout that movie. I definitely think she could carry a movie on her own.

Unfortunately, I get the sense that Disney owning Fox changes things. As popular as X-23 and Dafne Keen are, they're not Wolverine. I have a feeling Disney will favor recasting Wolverine so that they can put him front and center for future movies, TV shows, games, etc. I hope she'll still have a place, but it'll probably be quite a while until we see an X-23 movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The best chance it has to be made is if gets greenlit and gets far enough along in pre production before the merger is finalized. It could still be canceled at that point but Disney might think twice about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Really wish that would be a thing in Blue but looks like Bunn doesn’t want to address it.
    The sad thing about it is they don't even need a whole panel to do it. Instead they just drag out their status.

We know from some of his remarks that Taylor is most likely not a fan of the pairing, and only ran with it because Hopeless decided to make it Laura's entire purpose on his volume of ANXM. So why no one decided to just end it with that book when ResurrXtion started is beyond me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The best chance it has to be made is if gets greenlit and gets far enough along in pre production before the merger is finalized. It could still be canceled at that point but Disney might think twice about it.
    The frustrating thing is that an X-23 movie would make such a relevant and topical film. Her story of being stripped of her identity and agency, the abuse she suffered at the hands of her creators and later Zebra Daddy, and her ongoing struggle to reclaim her life and discover who she is and how she fits into the world resonates strongly with the #MeToo movement in ways that many other female heroes can't.

Sure, characters like Wonder Woman offer female empowerment, but any story about women in the modern world you could tell with her is almost invariably going to come from the perspective of an outsider. By and large she's viewing sexism and misogyny from the perspective of one that never truly experienced it. So while the meta may have Diana fighting AGAINST it, I think in some ways her origin outside that environment diminishes the message.

Laura, by contrast, was defined by it. You have three powerful men — Rice, Sutter, and Zebra Daddy — who defined much of her early life. They abused her, controlled her, and in the latter case raped her. Logan may have glossed over the worst of what Rice did to her in the books, but it's clear that abuse was still present when she talks about having nightmares of people hurting her. There's a powerful metaphor there in light of the Weinstein case, and other recent examples come to light of men in positions of power abusing their authority over the women working under them.

An X-23 film offers a unique opportunity to use the genre to engage women and girls by giving them someone who shared the same struggle many face, and are only just now finding the voice to fight.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would love to see Dafne Keen play X-23 in another movie as well. She really stole the show in every scene she was in throughout that movie. I definitely think she could carry a movie on her own.

Unfortunately, I get the sense that Disney owning Fox changes things. As popular as X-23 and Dafne Keen are, they're not Wolverine. I have a feeling Disney will favor recasting Wolverine so that they can put him front and center for future movies, TV shows, games, etc. I hope she'll still have a place, but it'll probably be quite a while until we see an X-23 movie.
    She was up for an Oscar (?) for her role as X-23 in LOGAN. Surely, if she gets it (unlikely, considering the way the Academy works), that would tip the balance as far as an X-23 film being greenlighted?
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The sad thing about it is they don't even need a whole panel to do it. Instead they just drag out their status.

We know from some of his remarks that Taylor is most likely not a fan of the pairing, and only ran with it because Hopeless decided to make it Laura's entire purpose on his volume of ANXM. So why no one decided to just end it with that book when ResurrXtion started is beyond me.
    He should've ignored Hopeless. After all, ANXM never acknowledged that Gabby exists.

So, I finally sat down and read that 2nd X-23 tpb (digital). The one with she and Daken. Oof! That was some clunky writing. I could barely finish it. Despite an anime/manga-esque approach to the art in the X-23 issues, I thought that art was easier to deal with than that of the DARK WOLVERINE issues.

Now, on the other hand, I finally sat and read my first-ever New X-Men tpb: CHILDHOOD's END Vol. 3: MERCURY FALLING. Totally contrast to the other X-23-related book! I liked the characters within, and I actually gave a damn about them! The art was not bad, reminded me of a smoother, less cartoon-y Humberto Ramos. Only thing I didn't like was the way they had Laura looking. I dunno. I get where she came from and all, but she must have had other clothes they could draw her in or even a uniform perhaps? Still, that was the only quibble I had with it, everything else was sold! I need to get the other trades to finish the series.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    She was up for an Oscar (?) for her role as X-23 in LOGAN. Surely, if she gets it (unlikely, considering the way the Academy works), that would tip the balance as far as an X-23 film being greenlighted?
    First I've heard about Logan being considered for the Oscars (although I did understand that the filmmakers were hoping it would get some love). Is that a rumor that Keen was in the running, or did I miss an official announcement. No clue if it would improve the movie's chances of getting made (I'm pretty sure the brass know that an X-23 movie tied to Logan has a good chance of making money, so the question is if they think that it has a place in their plans -- it's not like Disney's hurting for money that they can't turn down a profitable project if it doesn't fit their wish list).

(Either way, getting an Oscar nomination or win would be good for Keen's career, esp. since she's just getting started out and Logan was her first major movie project.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He should've ignored Hopeless. After all, ANXM never acknowledged that Gabby exists.
    Really? I thought I saw scans for a non-All-New Wolverine comic where Laura and Gabby stumble onto a problem while getting a meal from a taco truck.

So, I finally sat down and read that 2nd X-23 tpb (digital). The one with she and Daken. Oof! That was some clunky writing. I could barely finish it. Despite an anime/manga-esque approach to the art in the X-23 issues, I thought that art was easier to deal with than that of the DARK WOLVERINE issues.
    Collision? I thought it was okay (the characters are interesting foils), but it wasn't my favorite (I did like some of the character beats better than the whole story).

Now, on the other hand, I finally sat and read my first-ever New X-Men tpb: CHILDHOOD's END Vol. 3: MERCURY FALLING. Totally contrast to the other X-23-related book! I liked the characters within, and I actually gave a damn about them! The art was not bad, reminded me of a smoother, less cartoon-y Humberto Ramos. Only thing I didn't like was the way they had Laura looking. I dunno. I get where she came from and all, but she must have had other clothes they could draw her in or even a uniform perhaps? Still, that was the only quibble I had with it, everything else was sold! I need to get the other trades to finish the series.
    Yeah, I liked that one better, although it did seem a little short somehow. (I don't think Laura was ever really given a uniform in that series for whatever reason. Was never really a fan of the crop top tanks, (but then I am a tad sensitive to cheesecake-like art).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    First I've heard about Logan being considered for the Oscars (although I did understand that the filmmakers were hoping it would get some love). Is that a rumor that Keen was in the running, or did I miss an official announcement. No clue if it would improve the movie's chances of getting made (I'm pretty sure the brass know that an X-23 movie tied to Logan has a good chance of making money, so the question is if they think that it has a place in their plans -- it's not like Disney's hurting for money that they can't turn down a profitable project if it doesn't fit their wish list).
    AFAIK Oscar nominations haven't been revealed yet.

Really? I thought I saw scans for a non-All-New Wolverine comic where Laura and Gabby stumble onto a problem while getting a meal from a taco truck.
    That was from Ghost Rider at the beginning of the year, during the Four on the Floor arc.

Yeah, I liked that one better, although it did seem a little short somehow. (I don't think Laura was ever really given a uniform in that series for whatever reason. Was never really a fan of the crop top tanks, (but then I am a tad sensitive to cheesecake-like art).
    Paco Medina is probably the most cheesecake Laura has ever been drawn in official art. He gave her a positively massive rack (Ramos probably clocks in at a sold second place) and seemed to go out of his way with the fanservice, IE the schoolgirl look she sported when chucking that one Facility guy out the window. I didn't mind the more revealing gothy looks, since that's what she picked up from Megan, and it helped set her apart from the other X-Women (I honestly think one of my favorite looks for her is the one she wore when clubbing with Warren, IE my avatar).

Paco Medina is probably the most cheesecake Laura has ever been drawn in official art. He gave her a positively massive rack (Ramos probably clocks in at a sold second place) and seemed to go out of his way with the fanservice, IE the schoolgirl look she sported when chucking that one Facility guy out the window. I didn't mind the more revealing gothy looks, since that's what she picked up from Megan, and it helped set her apart from the other X-Women (I honestly think one of my favorite looks for her is the one she wore when clubbing with Warren, IE my avatar).
    I did a bit of Googlin' after I posted that about Dafne's Oscar nom. Maybe I dreamt it, because I could not find anything saying that she did. My bad, gang.

Yeah, I am good with Laura's look in your avatar, because, as you said, those were clothes she inherited from Megan. I like that in the first few issues of ANW, we saw her in some civvy clothes - jeans, casual top, sneakers. Makes sense, as her character has grown since her days at Weapon X and post-Weapon X. Either way, I'm good with Paco Medina NEVER drawing anything Laura-related! Same for J. Scott Campbell!

Right.

That was from Ghost Rider at the beginning of the year, during the Four on the Floor arc.
    Okay (I don't keep up much with guest appearances outside of core series I follow).

Paco Medina is probably the most cheesecake Laura has ever been drawn in official art. He gave her a positively massive rack...
    Did not notice that.

(Ramos probably clocks in at a sold second place)...
    His just looked cartoony to me more than anything else, except nowhere near as good as Skottie Young's work on that New X-Men story where the students have to escape Hell.

...and seemed to go out of his way with the fanservice, IE the schoolgirl look she sported when chucking that one Facility guy out the window.
    Always wondered what that costume was about. I mean, presumably it was part of the plan to get into that guy's office somehow, but it came out of nowhere, esp. since she had black pants and a tank top for the rest of the story before and after.

I didn't mind the more revealing gothy looks, since that's what she picked up from Megan, and it helped set her apart from the other X-Women...
    I guess for me, considering her background includes being forced into underage prostitution, it kind of seems "wrong" somehow, if that makes any sense.

(I honestly think one of my favorite looks for her is the one she wore when clubbing with Warren, IE my avatar).
    I think I like that black and gray jacket she sometimes sports in All-New Wolverine best; it reminds me of the jacket she had in the Evolution cartoon.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As mentioned, that was Ghost Rider. All-New X-Men didn't acknowledge Gabby at all, even though, once you get to the stuff leading into IVX, she has to have been taken in by Laura by then (since ANW had a Civil War II tie-in) and thus should've been with her. They didn't even use Gabby as Laura's excuse to leave the team at the end (in fact, it went unexplained - Idie and Evan said they were going back to school, but Laura just vanished from the narrative in that last issue).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As mentioned, that was Ghost Rider. All-New X-Men didn't acknowledge Gabby at all, even though, once you get to the stuff leading into IVX, she has to have been taken in by Laura by then (since ANW had a Civil War II tie-in) and thus should've been with her. They didn't even use Gabby as Laura's excuse to leave the team at the end (in fact, it went unexplained - Idie and Evan said they were going back to school, but Laura just vanished from the narrative in that last issue).
    I’d rather just pretend her role in ANXM v.2 never happened, anyway. Which isn’t all that hard considering she didn’t do anything in it beyond star in a very badly-written romance fanfic.

I’d rather just pretend her role in ANXM v.2 never happened, anyway. Which isn’t all that hard considering she didn’t do anything in it beyond star in a very badly-written romance fanfic.
    All long-running characters have bad stretches.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the long run, her time in the All-New X-Men was never delved into any great detail (e.g., she was once a part of that specific X-Men team for awhile, maybe reference a few specific missions, but that's about it). For example, All-New Wolverine had borrowed a few elements (like teen Jean showing up in Enemy of the State II), but doesn't go into detail about how they used to work together a lot.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)