Page 633 of 808 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 12112
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So, mentioned the lack of interaction between Laura and Julian on Twitter. Rosenberg's explanation is that maybe they're not on the best of terms.

Which would be fine, but show don't tell, man.
    The thing is Rosenberg is kind of right. It would be weird if it didn't happen in a story focusing on the two of them. It sucks we wont get any resolution but if you want to be very optimistic you can take what he sad as laura and julian mighy meet up again in red or ANW soon.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-03-2018 at 03:23 PM.

The panels they shared leading up to the Ghostneto fight in PR #2. I get it if that's what Rosenberg was going for, the problem was it just didn't come across that they were ignoring each other was because it was awkward being in a room together.
    Okay. (Been debating about whether to get that when the trade comes out, in case it sets up X-Men: Red in an important way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The thing is Rosenberg is kind of right. It would be weird if it didn't happen in a story focusing on the two of them. It sucks we wont get any resolution but ig you want to be very optimistic you can take what he sad as laura and julian mighy meet up again in red or ANW soon.
    How does that work?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

DP

10char
    Last edited by WebLurker; 01-03-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay. (Been debating about whether to get that when the trade comes out, in case it sets up X-Men: Red in an important way.)

How does that work?
    Rosenberg did say this in a follow-up tweet:

Me (and a few other writers I know) are hoping to delve into their relationship going forward. And his hands are not back. He has cybernetic ones, hence the gloves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How does that work?
    He sayd it would be disrespectful to fix it in somone elses book. You could take that as Taylor planing to deal with it at some point . And in a post later on by him he says others are trying to adress there relationship.(and some other new X-Men may be involved. New X-Men volmue 3 may happen)

Am I the only one who found Iceman's "girl raised in a lab" comment kind of mean-spirited?

Rosenberg did say this in a follow-up tweet:

Me (and a few other writers I know) are hoping to delve into their relationship going forward. And his hands are not back. He has cybernetic ones, hence the gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    He sayd it would be disrespectful to fix it in somone elses book. You could take that as Taylor planing to deal with it at some point . And in a post later on by him he says others are trying to adress there relationship.(and some other new X-Men may be involved. New X-Men volmue 3 may happen)
    Okay, that makes sense. Suppose that could fit in if the rumors that the X-23/Angel relationship is going to get written out prove to be true. If the writers get their wish and get to write something about Laura and Hellion, wonder what they have in mind. Having have another go at being a couple now that they've (ostensibly) matured from their teens? Reconciling as friends only? Confirming that they're over each other and going separate ways for good (that writer was quoted as saying that he didn't think they were speaking to each other as of the present)? Just an ice breaker that could be built up to go any direction depending on how the chips fall?

In any event, having a New X-Men class reunion (figuratively speaking) would be something I'd be in favor of. I'd like to see the connection Laura made with Mercury get expanded on (from "Mercury Rising"), in particular.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Am I the only one who found Iceman's "girl raised in a lab" comment kind of mean-spirited?
    Anything out of icemans mouth lately makes me hate him
    X-Men Forever

Can we all agree to collectively harness our 2018 wish powers to will the following into existence(?) ---

Gabby Kinney
    Molly Hayes.
    Fast Ball Special.
    BFFS for eternity and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No? Just....accurate.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-05-2018 at 06:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we all agree to collectively harness our 2018 wish powers to will the following into existence(?) ---

Gabby Kinney
    Molly Hayes.
    Fast Ball Special.
    BFFS for eternity and beyond.

No? Just....accurate.
    Gabby and Molly meeting would be a lot of fun. However I'm still waiting for Laura and Ms. Marvel to meet, especially since we know Kamala thinks Laura is "awesome."

I’m hoping someone other than Taylor writes whatever Hellion Laura reunion scene we eventually get (if it actually happens). Not many of Taylor’s “emotional” scenes for Laura have resonated with me and I’ve never been under the impression that he was that interested in writing Hellion.

I’d be interested to see how Rosenberg would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I’m hoping someone other than Taylor writes whatever Hellion Laura reunion scene we eventually get (if it actually happens). Not many of Taylor’s “emotional” scenes for Laura have resonated with me and I’ve never been under the impression that he was that interested in writing Hellion.

I’d be interested to see how Rosenberg would do it.
    You know, I felt the same about prior emotional scenes but I largely attribute the lack of "impact" to the unfortunate artistic misfire of the penciler.
    The scene with defeating Kimura for example would have been much more powerful (for me) with a stronger artist at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    You know, I felt the same about prior emotional scenes but I largely attribute the lack of "impact" to the unfortunate artistic misfire of the penciler.
    The scene with defeating Kimura for example would have been much more powerful (for me) with a stronger artist at the helm.
    The absence of an out of place epic pose with shattering armor, would have also greatly improved that.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-05-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    The absence of an out of place epic pose with shattering armor, would have also greatly improved that.
    Yeah, while it was kinda justified why it happened (it looked Kimura's thrashing was creating cracks and fractures in it thanks to her density powers), it didn't really do anything for me.

Also Laura wearing an Iron Man suit and Wolverine mask looked really silly. It actually made a lot of sense why from a narrative standpoint (I don't think Laura would've been able to tackle Kimura and hold her underwater without it, thanks to the latter's powerset, and we wouldn't've been able to see Laura's face with the helmet on, thus making her expressions unreadable at a moment when that's critical for the story to work), but the art didn't work as well as it should've. (I actually found the rest of the series art okay, but that climax scene doesn't work that well for me.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Indubitably.