Page 646 of 808 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    I personally thought that "Old Lady Laura" sounds way better than "Old Woman Laura"
    Laura's no lady and its obvious a play on On Man Logan, so woman fits better

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura's no lady and its obvious a play on On Man Logan, so woman fits better
    Yeah I guess you've got a point there, I just thought that the Alliteration of Old Lady Laura made that name sound better ya' know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    I know I am likely in the minority on this comment, but I am not all that excited about the "Old Woman Laura" story arc. Future story's, while some are good, are often ignored continuity-wise post-story. I dunno. We'll wait and see. Meantime, I am going to town on NEW X-MEN: CHILDHOOD'S END Vol. 1..
    No, I'm right there with you. I couldn't be less interested in this.

If there is going to be a heavier story afterwards, though, my interest is piqued in what comes after.

Amazing Member

So if Laura is old in this story. I guess this would be what? Over 200 years in future?

Which honestly probably as far as my interest in this story goes. But I won't knock it. Who knows might actually be a pretty good Alt-Story.

Edit: You know what's funny? Instead of this why not show the story of how Laura and Gabby killed each other in the OML verse. It just sounds like it would be a good tragic story.
    Last edited by Centrions; 01-23-2018 at 05:05 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    No, I'm right there with you. I couldn't be less interested in this.

If there is going to be a heavier story afterwards, though, my interest is piqued in what comes after.
    I am just curious to know what it's about. But I don't blame you I noticed that Tom Taylor doesn't quite know how to play into Laura's strengths as a character.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Muramasa didn't use her entire soul, just a piece of it.
    Ouch.

As far as the future story arch goes, I'm really hoping that a bit like those Star Trek time travel stories where the future timeline has to be erased to save the world. While it might be interesting to see Laura as a chief-of-state, I really don't want anything like that to be her canonical future, if that makes any sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    So if Laura is old in this story. I guess this would be what? Over 200 years in future?

Which honestly probably as far as my interest in this story goes. But I won't knock it. Who knows might actually be a pretty good Alt-Story.

Edit: You know what's funny? Instead of this why not show the story of how Laura and Gabby killed each other in the OML verse. It just sounds like it would be a good tragic story.
    That’s what I thought it was when I saw THIS image.
    7FCD2055-DEC1-4C69-85F6-28F77520ABF4.jpg
    But then I saw the other one and EUGH. This may be enough to make me temporarily drop the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post

I always thought that Taylor kept it as ending for ANW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I always thought that Taylor kept it as ending for ANW.
    You know with how they cut and past OML timeline that could be how this ends, or old laura travles through time to become the hooded women from her x23 series. It was implied she was a version of laura.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-24-2018 at 06:05 AM.

BANNED

While I'd have loved to see what happened between Laura and Gabby in OML's timeline, I think the time for that has passed. It would have worked better had they done Civil War as a crossover with OML. OML could have shown those events in the past/future, while ANW covered what we saw in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I am just curious to know what it's about. But I don't blame you I noticed that Tom Taylor doesn't quite know how to play into Laura's strengths as a character.

Yep. I’ve been saying that for a long time and I think that’s part of the reason Gabby was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    You know with how they cut and past OML timeline that could be how this ends, or old laura travles through time to become the hooded women from her x23 series. It was implied she was a version of laura.
    Well, Gabby is a version of Laura
    I always thought it is just a matter of time till Gabby will become an older version and a villain for Laura.
    But with Gabby in RED and she became popular among fans and writers, I think Taylor may not go that route now.

Yep. I’ve been saying that for a long time and I think that’s part of the reason Gabby was created.
    Yeah over at Injustice Tom Taylor plays well with Plastic Man, his son, Booster Gold, and Ted Kord. He really should not write extroverts because that's what Laura is and they see the world a little differently than introverts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah over at Injustice Tom Taylor plays well with Plastic Man, his son, Booster Gold, and Ted Kord. He really should not write extroverts because that's what Laura is and they see the world a little differently than introverts.
    I think you mean it it the other way around. He excels at writing extroverts, it’s the introverts that are clearly out of his wheelhouse. And Laura is an introvert.

I think you mean it it the other way around. He excels at writing extroverts, it’s the introverts that are clearly out of his wheelhouse. And Laura is an introvert.
    Yeah that's a blunder on my part don't you miss the days when comic companies trained their writers instead of letting them run wild?