Page 667 of 808 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717767 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 12112

If the Ultimate Universe/Mothervine story sticks I think Mach II would be an ideal villain for Laura.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ok, I have not read anything about Laura apart from Bendis (all the new x-men), and the cartoons and the movie (Logan), but nothing of comics, so, she is a clone of logan or logan is her father and who is her mother?

Or she is a real clone of wolverine/logan.
    Last edited by jorge17881; 02-19-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Ok, I have not read anything about Laura apart from Bendis (all the new x-men), and the cartoons and the movie (Logan), but nothing of comics, so, she is a clone of logan or logan is her father and did who is her mother?

Logan's DNA was used to clone/birth her via Sarah Kinney (her mother). So she is Logan's clone more than his daughter.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Ok, I have not read anything about Laura apart from Bendis (all the new x-men), and the cartoons and the movie (Logan), but nothing of comics, so, she is a clone of logan or logan is her father and did who is her mother?

She's described as Logan's clone, but that's mainly used as short-hand, and as an insult. Her in-universe creator duplicated Logan's X chromosome, and in her origin book it was established she's not truly a clone. Said creator was also forced to serve as the surrogate so is technically her mother (though not genetically).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Logan's DNA was used to clone/birth her via Sarah Kinney (her mother). So she is Logan's clone more than his daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She's described as Logan's clone, but that's mainly used as short-hand, and as an insult. Her in-universe creator duplicated Logan's X chromosome, and in her origin book it was established she's not truly a clone. Said creator was also forced to serve as the surrogate so is technically her mother (though not genetically).

Ok, i think i'm lost, but i understand.

But at least thank you, you two made my mind clear that Jean can not be his mother in the future (green eyes, temperament, logan hair color) just to be clear, if I had this in my mind, all the blame is for marvel not me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    While not an enemy, I love Nori's "One Sided" rivalry she had with Laura.

I just like the idea of them just not getting along, because that's just how life is. Sometimes you can have good people that just don't get along for whatever reason. I think Nori would be great for that.
    Preach.
    Just because you WORK together or attend the same institution doesn't mean you're gonna be pals.
    I liked the very real sense of betrayal she felt regarding Laura being on Scott's kill squad.

I wish they’d bring back Bloodscream - he’d make a perfect villain for Laura. Plus he’d probably freak Gabby out as he’s one of the X-world’s creepier villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Now I'll agree that Taylor hasn't really done much to build Laura's Rogues Gallery, which was one of his stated goals. Part of the problem is that Kimura was too one-note of a character to be truly credible; she existed to make Laura's life a living hell, and that's pretty much it. I can think of exactly one story she appeared in that Laura was not involved, and that was still a Wolverine book (some thing where she was working with Viper in Madripoor selling Predator X, IIRC. I think she turned on Viper to cut a deal with Logan when it started to go pear-shaped). Even Creed, as closely tied as he is to Logan, had more going for him.
    That's true and I feel sad that Kimura came off as a cheap version of Creed she had potential in my eyes if they bothered to actually do some real work with Kimura. But unfortunately aside from her Taylor had only used the Brood and the Orphans of X but look how well those turned out. Laura's comic is getting unfortunately boring because she has no real challenges that it's getting irksome that one of the best characters to come out of Marvel in the 2000's is getting treated this way.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yes, but not Finesse. Finesse is not a villain and shouldn’t become one just to fill a slot in Laura’s book. It’s a disservice to her character.
    If Finesse cannot be a villain then who should be one that can actually have a real blood feud with Laura Tom Taylor has yet to create a credible and the Orphans of X were a chance of a life time to do something unique and allow her to have a home grown nemesis but it went the other way instead. It feels like it will be the end of time before he will give Laura some challenges.

There's always a chance the Platinum clone will become evil. >shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If the Ultimate Universe/Mothervine story sticks I think Mach II would be an ideal villain for Laura.
    It could potentially work for a while due to her connection with Ms. Sinister, though even that could only really be a temporary situation since Mach II herself isn’t actually evil and only becomes that way under the influence of an external source (the fake Psylocke in Ultimate X-Men and the amnesia plus Ms. Sinister in Blue). Though that does kinda make me wonder, what kind of effect would Mothervine have on the likes of Bellona given that she’s a clone of Laura but lacks mutant powers of her own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If Finesse cannot be a villain then who should be one that can actually have a real blood feud with Laura Tom Taylor has yet to create a credible and the Orphans of X were a chance of a life time to do something unique and allow her to have a home grown nemesis but it went the other way instead. It feels like it will be the end of time before he will give Laura some challenges.
    Honestly, the OoX plot could only have ended this way, and for precisely the reason it did: Laura didn't do the things they hated her for by choice. She was tortured, abused, and forced into it against her will, while the Orphans themselves were also victims. As a result I don't think you could realistically stretch them out as villains for more than this arc. Maybe some individual members like Henry won't be as forgiving as others, but the organization as a whole really can't keep dragging it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    As for creating some challengers for her, Laura is more of a street level character and fits that sceen ver well. Creating a crime boss to fill that role isn't hard. Not to mention kingpin would be a good antagonist for her. And like Logan you can have government agency (insert a letter or number) fighting her. Logan can have the enemies who are dealt with via screeming and charging at in a direct line, Laura should have enemy's you have to think more and fighting wouldnt be a "Victory".
    Or you could go for covert espionage which is in Laura's wheelhouse and have her fight Hydra or a new assassin based character.

Honestly, the OoX plot could only have ended this way, and for precisely the reason it did: Laura didn't do the things they hated her for by choice. She was tortured, abused, and forced into it against her will, while the Orphans themselves were also victims. As a result I don't think you could realistically stretch them out as villains for more than this arc. Maybe some individual members like Henry won't be as forgiving as others, but the organization as a whole really can't keep dragging it out.
    Well that's really unfortunate writing villains for serialised writing is a real challenge than for a five to six novel series. And yet we have Hydra who were once the remnants of Nazi Party before being turned into a cult and their feud with the whole world has been on for nearly a hundred years in real time. Still do you have any suggestions to who can really challenge Laura other than Kimura even though she was a one note character at least she does warrant a blood feud with Laura.

Astonishing Member

IMG_20180219_125918.jpg
    IMG_20180219_130035.jpg

Look what squar enix is making. I want to see this in the comics