Page 694 of 808 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744794 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Comics and movies are different animals and don’t necessarily share the same audience. Laura is one of my favorite characters, but she isn’t a household name like certain other X-Men.

Anyway regarding Laura’s relationships, Warren has flirted with pretty much every woman he’s met in Blue so it’s be insulting to Laura if Tamaki continues that relationship. Not to mention that Hopeless made their relationship incredibly toxic and abusive. I just hope it gets acknowledged on panel that they broke up or something.
    What's annoying me about it is that Paniccia said in one of his XMenMonday posts that their status WAS getting addressed soon (this was BEFORE Immune!). Yet we STILL don't know if the damn cat is alive or dead.

Oh well, sounds like it's time to formally introduce myself to Jordan White now that he's taken over. I wonder if Panic has already warned him about me. :-D

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Comics and movies are different animals and don’t necessarily share the same audience. Laura is one of my favorite characters, but she isn’t a household name like certain other X-Men.

Anyway regarding Laura’s relationships, Warren has flirted with pretty much every woman he’s met in Blue so it’s be insulting to Laura if Tamaki continues that relationship. Not to mention that Hopeless made their relationship incredibly toxic and abusive. I just hope it gets acknowledged on panel that they broke up or something.
    Three cartoon appearances (one of which was how she made her debut) and a critically acclaimed R-rated movie aren't enough huh? Yeah it would be the height of stupidity for Tamaki to continue the relationship so a revival of Laura and Julian's relationship might be in order. But what if she messes up the same way Grant Morrison did when he introduced Damian Wayne because he was going by memory on how Son of the Demon went and paints Julian in a bad light?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-26-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Three cartoon appearances (one of which was how she made her debut) and a critically acclaimed R-rated movie aren't enough huh? Yeah it would be the height of stupidity for Tamaki to continue the relationship so a revival of Laura and Julian's relationship might be in order. But what if she messes up the same way Grant Morrison did when he introduced Damian Wayne because he was going by memory on how Son of the Demon went and paints Julian in a bad light?
    Lmao. No wonder people don't like Warren around here. I don't know despite all that I felt like he suited X-23 better because he cared alot and running after her all the time. Because she is the more arrogant one in their relationship and she has even turned him down couple of times. She didn't even want people to find out they were a thing or something. I think that can transition to the screen much better and come of more hilarious and like your everyday type of relationship.

I may be the only one but heres to hoping that Warren gets the cast opposite her

Ask a random person on the streets who Wolverine or Storm is, they’ll likely be able to tell you. Ask who X-23 is you’ll likely get a blank stare.

Movies are made with the casual audience in mind, and yeah Logan did well but not typical MCU numbers. Logan took risks, which is part of the reason why I loved it, and a X-23 solo film would have to take a lot of risks to be a good movie. And if Disney takes control of it before Fox gets it off the ground, I think there’s a good chance that it might be more risks than they’re comfortable making. The name X-23 alone is not enough star power to get asses in seats.

Ask a random person on the streets who Wolverine or Storm is, they’ll likely be able to tell you. Ask who X-23 is you’ll likely get a blank stare.

Movies are made with the casual audience in mind, and yeah Logan did well but not typical MCU numbers. Logan took risks, which is part of the reason why I loved it, and a X-23 solo film would have to take a lot of risks to be a good movie. And if Disney takes control of it before Fox gets it off the ground, I think there’s a good chance that it might be more risks than they’re comfortable making. The name X-23 alone is not enough star power to get asses in seats.
    It's not really about just name but more so about potential. Laura has potential and X-factor that perhaps Storm don't have nor Cyclops. She can trendset due to her mutation alone makes her quite interesting and not much of a gamble compared to Deadpool that was the definition of gamble and it paid off very well. But x-23 is definitely not a gamble they have already provided her with the platform to rise and the future is set for her. Because they know this things. She can sell on the big screen due to her action friendly feral intensity.

All the Fans of Wolverine and X-men are expected to she her in the near future. I would even say that she is easily top 10 amongst the X-men currently. Potential wise I see her being the absolute leading figure in the 2020-2030 in the marvel movie universe. I'm not really overrating the character by any means but there is just so much potential
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 03-26-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    It's not really about just name but more so about potential. Laura has potential and X-factor that perhaps Storm don't have nor Cyclops. She can trendset due to her mutation alone makes her quite interesting and not much of a gamble compared to Deadpool that was the definition of gamble and it paid off very well. But x-23 is definitely not a gamble they have already provided her with the platform to rise and the future is set for her. Because they know this things. She can sell on the big screen due to her action friendly feral intensity.

All the Fans of Wolverine and X-men are expected to she her in the near future. I would even say that she is easily top 10 amongst the X-men currently. Potential wise I see her being the absolute leading figure in the 2020-2030 in the marvel movie universe. I'm not really overrating the character by any means but there is just so much potential
    Sure there’s a lot of potential for Laura in movies. But fact of the matter is if Disney does a line wide reboot is they’re going to be about the bottom line. I think it’s far more likely they’d give Wolverine a rebooted solo flick than give Laura a movie. It’s a matter of where they want to allocate assets and where they think they’d get their biggest return.

We’re all Laura fans in this forum, of course we all want to see her in more movies. If she gets used in a Disney reboot movie I think it’s far more likely she’d be part of an ensemble cast.

And yeah, Deadpool was a gamble but that’s Fox and that was at the cost of forgoing budget for less studio control. I didn’t see Disney announcing rated R Marvel movies on their schedule just because of Deadpool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    Lmao. No wonder people don't like Warren around here. I don't know despite all that I felt like he suited X-23 better because he cared alot and running after her all the time. Because she is the more arrogant one in their relationship and she has even turned him down couple of times. She didn't even want people to find out they were a thing or something. I think that can transition to the screen much better and come of more hilarious and like your everyday type of relationship.

I may be the only one but heres to hoping that Warren gets the cast opposite her
    Laura and Warren NEVER. EVER. AT ANY TIME. made sense.

It made NO sense when Bendis started it in his volume of All-New X-Men. All her interactions and the hinted attraction was with CYCLOPS, and at no point did Warren EVER express an interest in her — or even INTERACT with her — prior to Cyclops being removed from the book. It was also established WAAAAAAY back in X-Force that Laura didn't like OR trust Warren's adult counterpart. The idea that she would completely ignore Warren's actions during Black Vortex, and NOT equate it to Archangel (which is WHY she didn't like or trust Adult Warren) is absurd. The fact that Teen Warren would blindly accept the Vortex to avoid turning out like his adult self was little different from Adult Warren blindly accepted Apocalypse after losing his wings SHOULD have set off alarm bells.

And in Hopeless' ANXM, their ENTIRE dynamic hinged on Hopeless writing her completely out of character with all the mindless reckless behavior, and completely disregarding her entire character arc by revealing she was doing it because she wanted him to like her by pretending to be something she's not. And Warren't behavior was flat-out emotionally abusive ON TOP of it. Just look how he was beating Blob to a pulp while projecting his anger over LAURA. Not reacting to the fact that BLOB POUNDED HIS GIRLFRIEND'S FACE INTO MUSH (his response to THAT was to DUMP HER).

Maybe. MAYBE Taylor could have salvaged it from toxic and self-destructive, and made it to bland and boring. But the whole thing just plain needs to DIE.

With the way warren was written in Blue it makes it seem like he just pesters every girl he sees. Laura was just the one who gave in first. Sad, really. Lol

Astonishing Member

IMG_20180326_131648.jpg
    The logo, if its any indication of the book were in for some bloody action. Plese be good.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

New Logo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    IMG_20180326_131648.jpg
    The logo, if its any indication of the book were in for some bloody action. Plese be good.
    Aw, I liked the classic logo with the 23 in the corner of the X.

I get your point. And let me guess if Disney were to take control it would be titled New Wolverine or something even though Laura is no longer going to be Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    IMG_20180326_131648.jpg
    There better be something talking about not just blood and guts flying everywhere.

BANNED

There better be something talking about not just blood and guts flying everywhere.
    I like that Laura tries to avoid killing whenever possible, but I do wish that Taylor had done more to force her into circumstances where she had no other choice, or forced her to weigh the consequences of NOT doing it (IE how sparing Mooney directly led to Zelda's death).

That's the main thing I hate about heroes that have a "No Kill" code. Either they end up taking it to Stupid Good levels, (looking at you, Bats) or the writer just plain makes it too easy for them to maintain it, or brush it off when they break that rule (let's face it, putting Kimura down for good was never going to be anything but a release for her, rather than a fresh trauma).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura and Warren NEVER. EVER. AT ANY TIME. made sense.

It made NO sense when Bendis started it in his volume of All-New X-Men. All her interactions and the hinted attraction was with CYCLOPS, and at no point did Warren EVER express an interest in her — or even INTERACT with her — prior to Cyclops being removed from the book. It was also established WAAAAAAY back in X-Force that Laura didn't like OR trust Warren's adult counterpart. The idea that she would completely ignore Warren's actions during Black Vortex, and NOT equate it to Archangel (which is WHY she didn't like or trust Adult Warren) is absurd. The fact that Teen Warren would blindly accept the Vortex to avoid turning out like his adult self was little different from Adult Warren blindly accepted Apocalypse after losing his wings SHOULD have set off alarm bells.

And in Hopeless' ANXM, their ENTIRE dynamic hinged on Hopeless writing her completely out of character with all the mindless reckless behavior, and completely disregarding her entire character arc by revealing she was doing it because she wanted him to like her by pretending to be something she's not. And Warren't behavior was flat-out emotionally abusive ON TOP of it. Just look how he was beating Blob to a pulp while projecting his anger over LAURA. Not reacting to the fact that BLOB POUNDED HIS GIRLFRIEND'S FACE INTO MUSH (his response to THAT was to DUMP HER).

Maybe. MAYBE Taylor could have salvaged it from toxic and self-destructive, and made it to bland and boring. But the whole thing just plain needs to DIE.
    If Warren is not gonna be her love-interest do you have better candidates then Julian in mind