Page 776 of 808 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd say it started with Liu, IE by starting to retcon that she was never really friends with the NXM, or significantly downplaying the significance of Sarah Kinney from "One of the worst most unforgivable things I've ever done, and Emma reduced me to a sobbing mess by tormenting me with a projection of her corpse" to "Meh. I GUESS she was my mother."
    I don't recall the one-shot doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I'm wondering if it will have anything to do with the Gabby of Old Man Logan's world... It'll be interesting if Mariko Tamaki is picking up that unused plot thread, because I thought it was one of the more interesting things Taylor added.
    Wasn't the OML Gabby already dead? I suppose they could

I'm worried about the Cuckoos being represented as evil because of Emma's current semi-Villain status in the X-books and Marvel doing it to have some synergy with 'the Gifted'
    I really enjoy the Cuckoos and I'm hoping it will have more reasoning to them kidnapping Gabby than the cliched dramatic heel turn.
    Are the Cuckoos in other series right now? IMHO, whatever Tamaki does with them, it'll have to be something that can be reset after she's done. That seems to be the way most drastic changes work; play with it for awhile, then reset stuff to factory settings.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Wasn't the OML Gabby already dead? I suppose they could

Are the Cuckoos in other series right now? IMHO, whatever Tamaki does with them, it'll have to be something that can be reset after she's done. That seems to be the way most drastic changes work; play with it for awhile, then reset stuff to factory settings.
    It was hinted that Laura's death was somehow caused by Gabby in the OML verse in ANW.

IMG_7216.jpg

More than likely Mariko will hopefully have them brainwashed or something. It's just going to irritate me if they are the straight foreword villains of the arc because the Cuckoos were part of the New X-students who went through a lot of trauma. They're more of the kids the X-Men failed and it just feels wrong to then make them villains. In many ways it was Emma's fault Sophie died, and it's partially why the Cuckoos have never forgiven her.

Plus it just feels like it's going off of 'Emma was once a villain, so they're going to go down the same path'. We already saw Esme join the Brotherhood, so it's not even very original.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Red and x23 covers are bit ugh this month
    You can only do so many iterations of the same thing sadly.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Remember how the bulk of the New X-en acted towards her? That's how especially Surge who had no right to complain about killing when she almost killed the Purifiers on that suicide mission.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Always happy to see when Remy and Laura`s friendship acknowledged.

KT:
    You can see in Gold who Rogue and Gambit had standing for them as “bridesmaids” and “groomsmen” - Gambit had Storm and Laura. Rogue had Bobby and Nightcrawler.

But yes, you’ll see more of those scenes leading to that moment in Mr. & Mrs. X #1.

Astonishing Member

Gerald Parel variant
    IMG_20180620_063840.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Gerald Parel variant
    IMG_20180620_063840.jpg
    That's a good variant. The new uniform is growing on me, but I still miss Laura in her full-fledged, yellow spandex Wolverine costume.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Always happy to see when Remy and Laura`s friendship acknowledged.

KT:
    You can see in Gold who Rogue and Gambit had standing for them as “bridesmaids” and “groomsmen” - Gambit had Storm and Laura. Rogue had Bobby and Nightcrawler.

But yes, you’ll see more of those scenes leading to that moment in Mr. & Mrs. X #1.
    Nice to have confirmation that was Laura, but it's kind of a weird outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Remember how the bulk of the New X-en acted towards her? That's how especially Surge who had no right to complain about killing when she almost killed the Purifiers on that suicide mission.
    I thought you were talking the NYX kids (Kiden and company), for some reason.

Well, in regards to the New X-Men, it seemed liked only Surge and Rockslide were esp. hostile (and with Rockslide, he was pretty much acting in character). Hellion and Dust made a point of sticking up for Laura, the others didn't really seem to be taking Surge's side, and Mercury was MIA from that story.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I thought you were talking the NYX kids (Kiden and company), for some reason.

Well, in regards to the New X-Men, it seemed liked only Surge and Rockslide were esp. hostile (and with Rockslide, he was pretty much acting in character). Hellion and Dust made a point of sticking up for Laura, the others didn't really seem to be taking Surge's side, and Mercury was MIA from that story.
    In Surge's case it was a really bad case of Liu forcing the plot in the direction she wanted it to go especially when Surge was one of the most traumatised members of the New X-Men aside from Hellion. It would have helped if one of the members pointed out Surge was being hypocritical.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    In Surge's case it was a really bad case of Liu forcing the plot in the direction she wanted it to go especially when Surge was one of the most traumatised members of the New X-Men aside from Hellion. It would have helped if one of the members pointed out Surge was being hypocritical.
    I agree with Dying Detective, Ambaryerno, and other posters that Liu went out of her way to represent the New X-Men as not really friends' by having Nori act hostile when she was always shown to overly care about her team members because she saw their lives as her responsibility. There's also her conversation to Jubilee about 'growing past her friends' in the Paris arc and Liu's complete 180 on Hellions characterization in the Babysitting Arc. The truth is, in my opinion Liu didn't like the characters so the are discrepancies in their representation in New X-Men and in the X-23 solo (both Hellion and Surge are abrasive people, but they're no where near the level Liu represented them).

I know this has been talked about to death, but I do think people have a point about Liu retconning things for her benefit.

This is also why I'm slightly nervous about the Cuckoos appearing, because I think it could possibly open up the conversation again of whether characters get represented poorly for Laura's benefit in her books.

I agree with Dying Detective, Ambaryerno, and other posters that Liu went out of her way to represent the New X-Men as not really friends' by having Nori act hostile when she was always shown to overly care about her team members because she saw their lives as her responsibility. There's also her conversation to Jubilee about 'growing past her friends' in the Paris arc and Liu's complete 180 on Hellions characterization in the Babysitting Arc. The truth is, in my opinion Liu didn't like the characters so the are discrepancies in their representation in New X-Men and in the X-23 solo (both Hellion and Surge are abrasive people, but they're no where near the level Liu represented them).

I know this has been talked about to death, but I do think people have a point about Liu retconning things for her benefit.

This is also why I'm slightly nervous about the Cuckoos appearing, because I think it could possibly open up the conversation again of whether characters get represented poorly for Laura's benefit in her books.
    I think it was Liu trying overplay the broken bird trope with Laura when she did that. It's kind of jarring when you think about it.

Astonishing Member

Some good Laura news, the Laura Wanda mash up is du to infinity wars. So she might appear in it.
    is it odd that she appearing in more things now that she's not wolverine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Some good Laura news, the Laura Wanda mash up is du to infinity wars. So she might appear in it.
    is it odd that she appearing in more things now that she's not wolverine ?
    It's weird in so many ways actually.

Their most recent book was Jean Grey.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman