Page 782 of 808 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782783784785786792 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Prior to the flashbacks in ANW, I would have said Gambit was more a father figure for Laura then Logan. After the ANW I see Gambit as more of uncle or older brother. Still I feel Gambit has played the larger role in Laura growing beyond seeing herself as a soulless weapon.

It will be interesting to see Laura's take on Gambit&Rogue. Has Laura ever had more then a passing interaction with Rogue?
    Gambit certainly did. Logan was more of a case of “too little too late” in reality. Of all the significant people in her life, Logan was one of the ones that did the least tbh.

Not to say their relationship isn’t important, but I think it was not the most significant in terms of character development despite whatever retcons anyone tries to shoehorn in.

I'd love to see a scene where Gambit & Rogue have Laura & Gabby over for some home cookin' and to properly get Rogue acquainted with them in an non-X-Men setting. Of course, Rogue's pie would probably get ruined during some shenanigans but that's even better.

Depending on how his return plays out, Logan could also attend, though now I'm thinking of Storm and Bobby etc so it's snowballing, but it'd definitely be nice for Remy to continue to be a significant part of Laura's life, and obviously Rogue is connected to him more than ever now.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I'd love to see a scene where Gambit & Rogue have Laura & Gabby over for some home cookin' and to properly get Rogue acquainted with them in an non-X-Men setting. Of course, Rogue's pie would probably get ruined during some shenanigans but that's even better.

Depending on how his return plays out, Logan could also attend, though now I'm thinking of Storm and Bobby etc so it's snowballing, but it'd definitely be nice for Remy to continue to be a significant part of Laura's life, and obviously Rogue is connected to him more than ever now.
    okay that is wonderful and I really want that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Gambit certainly did. Logan was more of a case of “too little too late” in reality. Of all the significant people in her life, Logan was one of the ones that did the least tbh.

Not to say their relationship isn’t important, but I think it was not the most significant in terms of character development despite whatever retcons anyone tries to shoehorn in.
    Yeah, i think that the problem with Logan is that he never figured out how to approach the situation, he sympathized with her and wanted her to be better person than her creators wanted(similar to his own dealings with Weapon X), but at the same time he didn't want to impose in her life too much, so that she wouldn't be influence by his worst aspects, he never managed to reach a middle point and the best that he could do was making her know that she was like family to him.

(Besides in spite of his sidekicks and adoptive daugther, farherhood never has been an strong point for Logan).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-26-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Meh. I’d rather Laura have her own identity instead of piggybacking off of Logan’s.
    I mean x-23 is still an identity "piggybacking off logan's" since it literally means she's the 23 attempt at cloning logan. The difference with the wolverine mantle is that it isn't tied with extreme trauma for laura

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I mean x-23 is still an identity "piggybacking off logan's" since it literally means she's the 23 attempt at cloning logan. The difference with the wolverine mantle is that it isn't tied with extreme trauma for laura
    The difference with the wolverine mantle is that the vast majority of people think of Logan when they hear Wolverine. When people hear X-23 at least they know who she is.

If Laura returning to the X-23 name means that writers stop trying to frame her as Logan Lite, I’m okay with that. I’d prefer her to get a new name altogether, but if That isn’t an option I’d rather her not be called Wolverine.

BANNED

Honestly the biggest question of name is what's going to happen in Red. It's going to be weird if she's still going by Wolverine in one book, but X-23 in others. Presumably Red will HAVE to account for it at some point.

I think that the name X-23 sounds pretty badass, and I like the return to it, but I don’t think she’d actually do it. It’s got a lot of bad memories associated with it. I thought she’d either stick with Wolverine like Hawkeye and Hawkeye, or move over to Talon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly the biggest question of name is what's going to happen in Red. It's going to be weird if she's still going by Wolverine in one book, but X-23 in others. Presumably Red will HAVE to account for it at some point.
    I think more than likely the first two trades of Red will be set between All-New Wolverine #32 (the last one set in the present) and X-23 #1. After that, they'll probably retool the book slightly, dropping the colour from the book's name and updating Laura's codename, they could take that opportunity to alter the roster too if anyone on the current one ends up in whatever replaces Gold and Blue.

At least it'll be easier to reconcile than ANW and All-New X-Men, the latter never mentioning Gabby despite the fact it had an IVX tie-in, meaning that arc and the previous one are definitely after Civil War II which ANW had a tie-in for, and therefore are after Gabby's debut which was before then.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-27-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think more than likely the first two trades of Red will be set between All-New Wolverine #32 (the last one set in the present) and X-23 #1. After that, they'll probably retool the book slightly, dropping the colour from the book's name and updating Laura's codename, they could take that opportunity to alter the roster too if anyone on the current one ends up in whatever replaces Gold and Blue.

At least it'll be easier to reconcile than ANW and All-New X-Men, the latter never mentioning Gabby despite the fact it had an IVX tie-in, meaning that arc and the previous one are definitely after Civil War II which ANW had a tie-in for, and therefore are after Gabby's debut which was before then.
    man, wouldn’t it be nice if comics were published chronologically?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    man, wouldn’t it be nice if comics were published chronologically?
    Or at least editors' notes establishing when a book is set in relation to another.

Yeah, that would probably work better
    Or Marvel releasing an official chronology.
    Because damn, it’s confusing when someone’s in three places at once.

Or at least editors' notes establishing when a book is set in relation to another.
    Im pretty sure the editors dont know either

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure the editors dont know either

Continuity has been a shitshow for a while now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Now I'm wondering why the heck they rushed taking the mantle away from Laura when Logan isn't coming back fully until next year.