Page 783 of 808 FirstFirst ... 283683733773779780781782783784785786787793 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Now I'm wondering why the heck they rushed taking the mantle away from Laura when Logan isn't coming back fully until next year.
    For marketing. If original Logan is gonna appear they will call him Wolverine because he sells books. Hunt for Wolverine will sound better and sell more than Hunt for Logan. That being said I'm glade Laura is going back to X-23. Like others have said here it is hers and no one else's, 100 percent Laura Kinney. At the same time I want a danm good reason for her to be taking the code name back after anw. Hope they don't blow it off like the whole Angel Laura split. Don't care who she's with but would have liked to have seen things play out.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

They broke up?

Was this in All-New X-Men? I’ve read ANW and everything she’s in up throughout Avengers Arena

Ultimate Member

Well technically no one knows, or if the do they aren't telling, as in X-Men Blue Bunn has had teen Warren hit on every available woman that he meets, though he hasn't gotten anywhere with any of them, and the other young X-Men haven't really said anything about it...which you'd think that they would if he and Laura were still together, but as of yet no official word either way...

I honestly don’t think about them as a couple at all so I didn’t really notice anything off about that.

Astonishing Member

Issue 2 variant by Rahzzah IMG_20180628_123402.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Issue 2 variant by Rahzzah IMG_20180628_123402.jpg
    Woof. If the covers are anything to go by, this book is going to be heading in a much darker direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Woof. If the covers are anything to go by, this book is going to be heading in a much darker direction.
    Yeah I really hope so.

Astonishing Member

There having the cuckoos kidnaping Gabby, and I'm assuming cause some PTSD like flashbacks to Laura's time in the facility and her time as a prostitute to torture and break her..... I think it's going to be less happy

Hope it doesn't completely override the healing she'd gotten by the time of ANW. I think that there's a fine difference between having a character have a lifelong struggle with their past and backsliding from a story arc, if that makes any sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Damn.
    I’m okay with that, though. While I enjoyed ANW, it was a little too “oh hey yeah Laura has dealt with all of her demons she’s good and everything is perfect and she has no issues now.” I don’t want them to completely break her again, but maybe show a little more of the dark side she undoubtedly still has, while still keeping most of the character development she got earlier.
    If X-23 Vol 4 ends up grittier, like any of the other X-23 runs or 2008’s X-Force, I would love it.

Based on the synopses that are out so far, this is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Damn.
    I’m okay with that, though. While I enjoyed ANW, it was a little too “oh hey yeah Laura has dealt with all of her demons she’s good and everything is perfect and she has no issues now.” I don’t want them to completely break her again, but maybe show a little more of the dark side she undoubtedly still has, while still keeping most of the character development she got earlier.
    If X-23 Vol 4 ends up grittier, like any of the other X-23 runs or 2008’s X-Force, I would love it.

I agree with this. Laura’s scars are deep. They should still show to an extent. ANW largely handwaved it all away far too much for my liking.

Maybe Laura's happiness was a facade she was keeping for Gabby. And when she gets nabbed, Laura drops it and unleashes that dark side?

Or at least editors' notes establishing when a book is set in relation to another.
    Exactly. Marvel Two-In-One #7 has a note saying it takes place before Invincible Iron Man #600, and I would expect issues 8 to 10 to have the same note on. The reason is that Doom's face isn't scarred, and he got scarred again in IIM 600, setting up his status quo for Fantastic Four. And Venomized #1 to #4 (but not #5 for some reason) had a note saying it was set before Death of the Mighty Thor, since Jane was involved and ended that arc (her solo's last) depowered.

But not all books do that. Spider-Man Deadpool, for example, must be set before Go Down Swinging and The Marvel Universe Kills Deadpool, the last major arcs of Slott's ASM and Duggan's Despicable Deadpool. That's because Peter's still with Mockingbird, and Wade ended his series by wiping his memory, and thus his friendship with Spidey. It carries no editor's note stating that though.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yeah I really hope so.
    As do I light just doesn't really suit Laura.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Laura's happiness was a facade she was keeping for Gabby. And when she gets nabbed, Laura drops it and unleashes that dark side?

Exactly. Marvel Two-In-One #7 has a note saying it takes place before Invincible Iron Man #600, and I would expect issues 8 to 10 to have the same note on. The reason is that Doom's face isn't scarred, and he got scarred again in IIM 600, setting up his status quo for Fantastic Four. And Venomized #1 to #4 (but not #5 for some reason) had a note saying it was set before Death of the Mighty Thor, since Jane was involved and ended that arc (her solo's last) depowered.

But not all books do that. Spider-Man Deadpool, for example, must be set before Go Down Swinging and The Marvel Universe Kills Deadpool, the last major arcs of Slott's ASM and Duggan's Despicable Deadpool. That's because Peter's still with Mockingbird, and Wade ended his series by wiping his memory, and thus his friendship with Spidey. It carries no editor's note stating that though.
    While Tamaki could very well retcon that as a reason, I believe Taylor was just never interested in delving into Laura’s emotions, unless it had to do with her relationship with Logan (and sometimes Gabby). Secondly it seemed on of th goals of ANW was to “fix” her, as a couple of her longstanding problems have now been taken off the table, and so on.

Anyways I’m beyond ready to see some darker stories for Laura. I hope Tamaki doesn’t disappoint.