Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Mystique no.1 villain?

Does Mystique need promotion to the Number 1 X-Villan , we have Erik still on Scotts side , even though his recent series has even him move back to mutant saviour, myatique has upped her game , forming a new brotherhood etc.

I have always considered there to be 4 major x-villans

Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Sinister
    Sentinals/Anti mutant human

Does Mystique deserve moving up into this pantheon, can if used correctly she propel the x-books back to there a-game.
    Is she the power behind the corporation that has created x-factor , has she funded the hellfire club recently...is she the real puppetmaster of Logans problems?

Should marvel use this to really up her game.

Magneto is on his own, in UXM 16 he left the UXM and in No more humans he even sided with Raze, and Sinister is still better than her (though he can be considered more a Cyclops' villain than a X-men villain)
    Right now the X-men villain who is more active is her, but she is still in a way lower level than any of those 4 you mentioned

Before she even makes any top villain list lets have the character written correctly first. She was like Magneto in that even though he was a villain he had some redeeming qualities. Not good or evil a mix of both. A complex character. Now all we get is psycho, sociopath, anti-X-men obsession. A well as Maxi has posted her power level even with the post death upgrade is still lower than the four on the list. So my answer is no.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Cyclops is Public Enemy Numero 1, he's the main terrorist/villain of the X-Books now

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

No way. Blue was given an instruction manual for the future and she's accomplished, well, not a whole lot.

I mean, dang. Heroic/villainous buffoons like Magneto and Cyclops have no idea what the heck they're doing and they're still seen as a bigger threat.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-23-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Mystique needs to stop being written like a cackling loony before she can get that promotion.
    On ye olde CBR

Sinister will always be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    Cyclops is Public Enemy Numero 1, he's the main terrorist/villain of the X-Books now
    The X-books must be in a worst state that most people think if the only thing the main villain does is rescue defenseless mutants like his students or the JGS members

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    No way. Blue was given an instruction manual for the future and she's accomplished, well, not a whole lot.
    Seconded. Before she even gets promoted to the list she needs to do a lot more than just troll the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Mystique needs to stop being written like a cackling loony before she can get that promotion.
    Seconded again. It's pretty sad when after seeing the latest x-men movie find more character development in those two hours or so. Then what the writers have done to Mystique in the comics.

Mighty Member

I think the character will get a lot more mainstream exposure. Isn't Fox Studios negotiating with Jennifer Lawrence to reprise Mystique for a solo project?

PETER v Nguyen

Mystique is too inconsistently written to ever be a compelling character. If someone at Marvel could ever figure out what exactly her motives are for anything, then maybe it could work.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-24-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I think the character will get a lot more mainstream exposure. Isn't Fox Studios negotiating with Jennifer Lawrence to reprise Mystique for a solo project?
    Which means nothing outside of the movies if writers can't decide what to do with the character. Fans of the movies espcially new ones to comics want to see some of the same character elements in the comics. So far the movie version is nothing at all like the comic version. Movie version is a flawed interesting complex character with different motivations. As well as a lack of anti X-men obession. She even walked away from killing off a character she was obsessed with who was at her mercy. Comic version is cutty, cutty, stabby, stabby, bang bang, psycho, sociopath, with a anti-X-men obsession that she refuses to just let go. Would have killed Trask, Xavier, Magneto, the president. Than claimed that she was right for doing it because (insert ignorant hypocrititical line of BS the writer at the the time uses to explain her insane behavior). No redeeming qualities. No complexity. You want the comic version to be captured and experimented on.

I'm glad she is in X-men Apocalypse and possibly as solo movie. Marvel needs to either redeem or at the very least write the character better. Or the only interesting version is going to be the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Mystique is too inconsistently written to ever be a compelling character. If someone at Marvel could ever figure out what exactly her motives are for anything, then maybe it could work.
    Seconded. I found her reasons for doing what she did to Dazzler lame and hypocritical in the extreme. Dazzler deserved what she got because she joined Sheild. I guess when she betrayed the X-men to Sinister and his Marauders it was okay because she did to "save " Rogue. Or the other times she betrayed other characters. Either give the character some new motivations. And ones that make sense. The character not being obsessed with trolling the X-men 24/7 would be a good start imo. If the writers are unwilling to do so. That's okay as well. We have the movie version that is better written with more complexity and motivations.

great art Juan678.
    Last edited by sureshot; 05-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.

I never particularly cared for Mystique because she always found justification for her actions, no mater who they hurt or what the consequences were, which was especially hard to swallow when applied to Kurt and Rogue. Then I picked up her brief solo series, mostly for the art initially and became fascinated with the character when depicted as a three-dimensional person with some redeemable qualities. Unfortunately most of that went out the window when the series ended, except when written by Mike Carey or Majorie Liu.

Right now she's not even an interesting villain or even a relatable person, just a generic sociopath with an X-Men fixation. It's like she's being turned into the X-Men's "Joker", without any of the Batman villain's interesting qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

PETER v Nguyen
    This is a wonderful picture.