Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Old Man Logan, #1

MATURE READERS
    Enter the Wastelands...a realm where all heroes have been murdered by their arch-enemies, villains who now rule over the land with an iron fist. In the midst of this dystopian chaos, one man may make a difference...a reluctant warrior who was once the greatest mutant of all...a man known as OLD MAN LOGAN.

Full article here.

That's some great interior art.

I remember how hyped I was for Old Man Logan when Millar first wrote it. Man, was that a let down. Great initial pitch and world building but terribly boring story.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

This looks decent, but that is how Bendis lures me in. He promises a good story EVERY TIME, yet he always makes a decent story and then rots it to the ground. This is why Brian Michael Bendis is my least favorite comic book writer ever. I would buy this if it wasn't for the writer. But because of the writer, this is a skip for me (Even though I love Wolverine and the true Old Man Logan storyline by actual good writer Mark Millar).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManChiefFan View Post
    This looks decent, but that is how Bendis lures me in. He promises a good story EVERY TIME, yet he always makes a decent story and then rots it to the ground. This is why Brian Michael Bendis is my least favorite comic book writer ever. I would buy this if it wasn't for the writer. But because of the writer, this is a skip for me (Even though I love Wolverine and the true Old Man Logan storyline by actual good writer Mark Millar).
    Although I'll agree to disagree with our opinion about Millar, I completely agree with you on the Bendis front. I was initially interested until I saw his name attached to the project.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I actually can't wait to see what Bendis does with this, since Bendis usually does pretty well when he's allowed to do what he wants. Not to mention the artwork looks amazing as well.

However, I'll also be reading it to see if the rumors of Old Man Logan going into the new Marvel Universe are true or not.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That's some great interior art.

I remember how hyped I was for Old Man Logan when Millar first wrote it. Man, was that a let down. Great initial pitch and world building but terribly boring story.
    My only problem with the comic is that is seemed like a sequel should have came with all of the plot points they didn't follow up on, so I'm hoping this will give us some answers. The main one I am interested in is why didn't we ever see Doom do anything? They teased him as some big bad, but then they skipped that whole story to go straight to the climax with the president.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My only problem with the comic is that is seemed like a sequel should have came with all of the plot points they didn't follow up on, so I'm hoping this will give us some answers. The main one I am interested in is why didn't we ever see Doom do anything? They teased him as some big bad, but then they skipped that whole story to go straight to the climax with the president.
    I had an issue with that as well. It's Millar's style though. He introduces interesting concepts that the delivery often can't touch all bases with. It makes you go wow and then leaves you hanging, ends up grossing you out or remains unexplained.

I don't think Bendis will take into consideration what plot points were left dangling in Old Man Logan. I could be wrong, but he generally tells the story he wants. I think it's best for people to just consider this as a separate story rather than a continuation. Generally speaking, he does tell his best stories with characters who aren't dependent on continuity. Like Millar, he has big concepts and ideas, but in his case they just tend to clash with continuity more often than not.

Upcoming Reading:

I'm all in on this. Finally almost here. Cannot. Wait.

It definitely looks interesting. One thing I gotta wonder is how Logan is gonna be traveling between territories without having Doom on him given that seems to be one of the biggest laws. Though at the same time, I'm kinda disappointed that we won't get to see his crusade to clean up his world since it's basically confirmed he'll be going to others in this mini.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

God that is some amazing art. Sorrentino really kicks ass, he really rose to another level during his GA run. Really hope Marvel puts him on some good titles as an ongoing artist. If the rumors that Soule will be writing DD are true then I wouldn't mind Sorrentino on art duties at all.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I loved Old Man Logan.

I detest Bendis.

I won't be buying this.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

It's too bad both of the original covers shown for Old Man Logan are actually variant covers and will most likely be very expensive. The new regular cover shown in the previews doesn't look bad though. I would have bought this if it were 3.99, but I'll be trade waiting this.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

No b real issues with benfis, especially on his solo titles....this could be real good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    I loved Old Man Logan.

I detest Bendis.

I won't be buying this.
    This is where I'm at.

All-New Member

Love the art, hope Bendis delivers a good story. Might as well get used to this older Wolverine (i liked 616 better) since he appears to stick around