Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Something tells me I'm going to be blowing one of these pages up to A1 size to laminate and put up on my wall.

Quote Originally Posted by dhunter View Post
    Love the art, hope Bendis delivers a good story. Might as well get used to this older Wolverine (i liked 616 better) since he appears to stick around
    Where are people getting this? The writers have said aspects of like every mini will stick around in the new MU. That doesn't mean it'll be this Logan who is sticking.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dhunter View Post
    Love the art, hope Bendis delivers a good story. Might as well get used to this older Wolverine (i liked 616 better) since he appears to stick around
    If Marvel is going to be serious about diversifying its product, it might mean older Logan & Steve Rogers remain old in the post-Secret Wars M.U.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would open the door to younger characters actually having an age gap with some of their peers, a concept Marvel has shied away from in the past, since every writer wants his star character at their peak (except Jeph Loeb, who seems to believe a man's peak is at 11 yrs of age, someone should look into that).

A hard editorial line stating that some very established characters DON'T NEED to be part-time bodybuilders at the peak of their primes would actually be welcome by THIS reader. There was a time when you could unmask every avenger and have a hard time telling any of them apart (aside from Stark's mustache). That's the opposite of diverse.

Hear that, Marvel? I'm willing to get used to Steve Rogers as an old man and Wolverine in full Dark Knight Returns mode from this point onward, if it means the youth actually stands out as youth.

Same with the women. And the ethnicities. Allow them a place, alongside the "aged" veterans.

That's how you create a diverse M.U.

If the MCU forced the M.U. to join the 21st Century, I won't complain.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Preview looks good sould be fun. And, kuro it's a rumor that old man Logan like meastro is staying in nu Marvel
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-21-2015 at 11:50 PM.
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    If Marvel is going to be serious about diversifying its product, it might mean older Logan & Steve Rogers remain old in the post-Secret Wars M.U.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would open the door to younger characters actually having an age gap with some of their peers, a concept Marvel has shied away from in the past, since every writer wants his star character at their peak (except Jeph Loeb, who seems to believe a man's peak is at 11 yrs of age, someone should look into that).

A hard editorial line stating that some very established characters DON'T NEED to be part-time bodybuilders at the peak of their primes would actually be welcome by THIS reader. There was a time when you could unmask every avenger and have a hard time telling any of them apart (aside from Stark's mustache). That's the opposite of diverse.

Hear that, Marvel? I'm willing to get used to Steve Rogers as an old man and Wolverine in full Dark Knight Returns mode from this point onward, if it means the youth actually stands out as youth.

Same with the women. And the ethnicities. Allow them a place, alongside the "aged" veterans.

I was so used to see Wolverine always the same, at the peek of hes life that now, seeing him older its kind of strange to me, he looks frail idk. But I think thats a matter of get used to it. After all he and Cap have done seeing them older is somewhat good, they fit better in the support/parenting characters they where.

Art looks amazing. Probably going to wait and see what people think of it after it comes out.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManChiefFan View Post
    This looks decent, but that is how Bendis lures me in. He promises a good story EVERY TIME, yet he always makes a decent story and then rots it to the ground. This is why Brian Michael Bendis is my least favorite comic book writer ever. I would buy this if it wasn't for the writer. But because of the writer, this is a skip for me (Even though I love Wolverine and the true Old Man Logan storyline by actual good writer Mark Millar).
    His stories are best in tpb.

I don't think that the women have a problem anymore, they seem to have a strong presence in the MU ATM. I think women not getting enough spotlight ship has sailed

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Too bad events seem to have the make characters still run things.

Poor Rachel... Ignored in AvX and AXIS so Cyclops and Cap can bicker.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-21-2015 at 11:53 PM.

All-New Member

I got back into comicbooks about a year ago after a hiatus of about 30yrs. Needless to say I had a lot of catching up to do. Old Man Logan is one of my favorites from this era, and I'm really looking forward to this book.

shouldn't this be on the x-men forum? it's the only wolverine we have left.

I don't know...the actual "youth" characters of Marvel, Kamala Khan, Sam!Nova, Miles Morales, the Young Avengers for the most part, seem pretty distinct from their older peers without having to age members of the latter group further. You have 16-18 year olds matched with older heroes in their late/early 20'-30's, which seems fair to me.

Do the male Avengers really look that much alike? I mean, Steve, Clint, and Hank are all blonde but at least they've got their costumes and more characteristic facial features to tell them apart. And that's only three Avengers.

Personally, I just prefer seeing Logan and Steve in their more iconic, and thereby relatively younger looks, because that's how I'm used to seeing them. Nothing against Old Man Logan, but I prefer the younger look for Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    shouldn't this be on the x-men forum? it's the only wolverine we have left.
    Well, technically we have a whole team of them...

oh, bendis.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Too bad events seem to have the make characters still run thibgs.

Poor Rachel... Ignored in AvX abd AXIS so Cyclops and Cap can bicker.
    oh my god stay away. This is old man logan, it has NOTHING to do with racheal
    X-Men Forever