Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

It's not the same as some minors like the Cuckoo in peekaboo miniskirts. You know lots of pervs love to take underwear pics and grope and so on and it's meant to titillate that particular market with a hint of panty shot. Anyway, Maddie's a grown xerox and I don't mind either way if there's underboob or not, but it does seem like cheap fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Pretty sure Marvel redid the image themself. No censorship.

Can we stop with the womenz ruin everything by interfering with some male fans entitlement to cartoon boobies stuff? Also please lets stop insinuating that women fans not real fans. Women fans made blockbusters franchises of YA and urban fantasy series. They are a fiercely loyal and lucrative market that Marvel clearly wants. That is not the end of the universe.

I am sure there are still plenty of cartoon boobies to see.
    Oh come on, it's not like an anyone here is saying things in the style of "Mad Max is tricking innocent men into watching dirty feminist propaganda, comrade.".

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's not the same as some minors like the Cuckoo in peekaboo miniskirts. You know lots of pervs love to take underwear pics and grope and so on and it's meant to titillate that particular market with a hint of panty shot. Anyway, Maddie's a grown xerox and I don't mind either way if there's underboob or not, but it does seem like cheap fan service.
    Maybe Marvel is trying to get disillusioned x-fans to give them their money after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Write Marvel. Ask them for more fan service in your X-Men.
    Well, i would really happy if they at least stopped treating them like props for the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Pretty sure Marvel redid the image themself. No censorship.
    That worst, they have auto-censored themselves because the fear of SJW.

Can we stop with the womenz ruin everything by interfering with some male fans entitlement to cartoon boobies stuff? Also please lets stop insinuating that women fans not real fans. Women fans made blockbusters franchises of YA and urban fantasy series. They are a fiercely loyal and lucrative market that Marvel clearly wants. That is not the end of the universe.
    I have never said this choice is because of women, women are perfectly capable to accept sexualized characters, see the music industry, Marvel have not do that for commercial reason but for the fear of backlash in the social media by a vocal minority who have probably never read a comicbook in their life...and yes to be dicted their choice by these kinds of peoples could be the end of the Marvel Universe (if the real fans begin to be tired of this non-sense)

I am sure there are still plenty of cartoon boobies to see.
    It's not about cartoon boobie, it's about to respect the concept of the original character, she is barely different now that black widow when she is supposed to over the top in her look.
    Last edited by Bolo; 05-23-2015 at 04:30 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    If they really believe it's that serious, then they should do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    We're just at an impasse, and I honestly think sometimes people don't look at how overstated their position can get when they put themselves into an either/or debate. [...] If they did, they would be doing more about it than stating their discontent on a message board.
    You're (partly) right, I agree with you, believe it or not. I always try to act consistently along with my beliefs and opinions. I boycott (or promote), I demonstrate, I tell the companies my thoughts, I reject (or support), I work with organizations for human rights. I try to do a responsible use, in short.

This item was not in my cart, anyway (I buy very few superhero comic-books lately, TBH). And I'm afraid this cover is probably just one among dozens of cases of self-censorship in Marvel --it happens that this one is public knowledge. So a global action against Marvel politics might be more useful (actually, since Disney took over Marvel I'm considering to turn my back on it definitely).

Anyway, the one doesn't diminish the other: this is a forum, so people discuss, we're here for it --and you can't make people to do something beyond, that's their choice. You're right about harshness and overstating, all of us should be careful about it. As for me, I think I've said already all I've got to.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 05-23-2015 at 03:05 AM.