Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Some pretty good picks on that list.

Pak/Kuder's Action is great, so no arguments there.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Action Ace View Post
    my top 10 right now in the New 52 would be (as I look at my list in the Rank Your Pull List thread...)

1. Action Comics
    2. Justice League (and it may grab #1 really quickly if #30 is any indication)
    3. Batman/ Superman
    4. Earth 2
    5. Aquaman
    6. Flash
    7. Superman/ Wonder Woman
    8. Batman
    9. Superman Unchained
    10. Detective

Green Lantern Corps ranked #11
    Justice League United ranked #12
    I'm not reading Future's End or Green Arrow
    and Wonder Woman comes in at #21 out of 26 comics

look for Superman to go from near the bottom to Top 10 as soon as Johns' first issue gets published

While I don't read all of the books on your list, your list seems like a much more accurate ranking of DC's 10 best books at the moment.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

His opinion is as valid as anyone's but some of those are fairly questionable
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

No Swamp Thing.
    BB

I have a hard time understanding how Future's End beats Eternal, but the rest of it seems pretty well explained.

Like everyone I have my personal preferences that don't agree with the list, but even without bias, how/why is GLC there? It's not even the best Green Lantern book, let alone amongst the best DC books. Swap GLC for Red Lanterns and the list becomes a hell of a lot more reputable.

Top 5 for me (because I don't pick up enough to make Top 10 worth it);

1. Batman
    2. Red Lanterns
    3. Green Arrow
    4. Justice League
    5. New Guardians

My Top 10 Right Now:

1. Green Arrow
    2. Swamp Thing
    3. Batman
    4. Red Lanterns
    5. Phantom Stranger
    6. Batgirl
    7. Action Comics
    8. Superman/Wonder Woman
    9. Green Lantern: New Guardians
    10. Detective Comics

Justice League is almost on that list. Depending on how the the Superman: Doomed event goes however may see the Superman books bumped off that list. I'm really gutted about Phantom Stranger being cancelled - and New Guardians is probably the newest title that I've started reading to make this list - I just love each issue. I'm not a fan of Batman/Superman though, and Future's End has failed to grip me at all - if a weekly should be on that list it should be Eternal hands down. Eternal, JL, Flash & JLU probably make up the Top 15.
    Last edited by BaneofKings; 05-24-2014 at 01:59 AM.

I'd object to Future's End and Green Lantern Corps being on the list, but other than that, it's a solid list.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Batman/Superman made the top ten? Whutt??
    I dropped it after #7. The story isn't worthy of a $3.99 cover price.

I think that B/S had good opening arc but after that things went south (guest issue with Atom was cool imo). I was expecting to read more about E-2 Batman/Superman in upcoming arc but it seams that it got pushed aside in favour of Doomed crossover. So yeah, can't really see how it can make into top 10.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that B/S had good opening arc but after that things went south (guest issue with Atom was cool imo). I was expecting to read more about E-2 Batman/Superman in upcoming arc but it seams that it got pushed aside in favour of Doomed crossover. So yeah, can't really see how it can make into top 10.
    E-2 is the next issue.
    Buh-bye

How can Justice League United and Future's End be in the list when they've only had a few Issues. O.o

Anything that has Wonder Woman in the top 3 i can't agree with.

Everyone has their opinions and lists though.

GLC deserves to be there without a shadow of a doubt. It is the most consistently great and best looking Green Lantern title.

1. Superman/Wonder Woman - I many ways a better Wonder Woman book hand her solo book. Soule uses Azzarello's world but incorporates superheroics, manages to not have Wonder Woman get too lost in Superman's world which would be easy to do.

2. Wonder Woman - The one thing I have liked the best about Azzarello's run is the world building, he has crafted a status quo that is adventurous and horror-filled yet fun. Pleasant departure from the stuffy, pious, stick-in-the mud Perez Wonder Woman from the old DCU.

3. Action Comics - Written in the style and manner that Superman should be written.

4. Detective Comics - Loved the duo's Flash work, they bring a style to the Batman books that is needed and contrasts well with Snyder's 'Batman.

5. Aquaman - Jeff Parker's run has potential, the pace could be quickened up a bit but I remain optimistic. He did have pretty big shoes to fill after Johns left.

6. Justice League United - I have high hopes for this book, love the team and Lemire has delivered in the past.

7. Green Arrow - As I remarked about Azzarello's Wonder Woman, I love the world building. The Outsiders, Ollie's dad...solid stuff.

8. Justice League - I've been underwhelmed with Justice League since 'Throne of Atlantis,' but things look promising now that the holding pattern for 'Forever Evil' is done and a new status quo begins.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Good list.

I don't read enough DC to make a convincing list, but ACTION COMICS, DETECTIVE COMICS, and WONDER WOMAN are great.