Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

I haven't read every post so I don't know if this has been. It seems to me that whatever SW is trying to accomplish could've been handled in an "All-New, All-Different" Exiles mini-series. Marvel could've killed off AU characters, moved Miles (and OM Logan?) to 616 without all this tie-in BS. Whatever the hell is gonna happen to the mutants after SW could probably been handled in a mini also. I have to go all summer without my favorite series just so Marvel can add a few new characters, kill a few characters and F over Fox studios. Thanks Marvel, you guys really have your finger in the pulse of what your fans want. Convergence sucked, so F DC too. Rat Queens anyone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael666 View Post
    I haven't read every post so I don't know if this has been. It seems to me that whatever SW is trying to accomplish could've been handled in an "All-New, All-Different" Exiles mini-series. Marvel could've killed off AU characters, moved Miles (and OM Logan?) to 616 without all this tie-in BS. Whatever the hell is gonna happen to the mutants after SW could probably been handled in a mini also. I have to go all summer without my favorite series just so Marvel can add a few new characters, kill a few characters and F over Fox studios. Thanks Marvel, you guys really have your finger in the pulse of what your fans want. Convergence sucked, so F DC too. Rat Queens anyone?
    I don't get why everyone expected more. You'd think after 6 years and how many events promising earth shattering changes that never happen, or do happen and revert back year later, that you'd be used to Marvel doing this. They're a business, they have to make every sound amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    I don't get why everyone expected more. You'd think after 6 years and how many events promising earth shattering changes that never happen, or do happen and revert back year later, that you'd be used to Marvel doing this. They're a business, they have to make every sound amazing.
    For myself, I'm not looking for Events with Earth shattering changes that stick... actually I prefer most of them not sticking to that degree. Personally, I'm just looking for well told stories. I remember always staying away from Marvel cosmic. Even the Annihilation Event I unfortunately passed on with a "bah..space" wave of the hand. And then I finally broke down and gave Annihilation Conquest a try. And Issue #1..without being familiar with the characters or what took place before it.. wow.. what a great issue! It sucked me right in, including the Quasar, Nova, Wraith & Star-Lord tie-ins and I've been a cosmic fan ever since! I couldn't wait until a new issue came out. It didn't feel calculated, overhyped and marketing driven like it does now. If felt like great storytelling driven! And that's what I want events to be! Planet & World War Hulk! Civil War! Those were the days for me baby! Thank you Joe Quesada! Sure he had some misses during his reign.. but when he hit.. he hit!

I would love to have that feeling again.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 05-30-2015 at 12:54 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    At a certain point, if everything sounds amazing, then nothing does. That point was sometime back in the 90s.

And I agree with StrongestOne-- I don't want Earth shattering changes. That just ruins suspension of disbelief.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    For myself, I'm not looking for Events with Earth shattering changes that stick... actually I prefer most of them not sticking to that degree. Personally, I'm just looking for well told stories.
    I'd take well told, entertaining stories over dime a dozen events any day. A well told, entertaining story will keep me reading but constant events that basically either put all series on hold for months or drag series that I'm reading into them only drive me away. At the moment my Marvel pull list is at zero, I'm skipping out on SW and I'm not sure I'm going to come back in September to see what happens after. I guess I should have known better since events were what originally drove me away from their titles years ago. Guess that means more money for me to spend on other companies so I guess I should thank them for that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I will be getting the third issue later in the week, but I am questioning why Hickman is doing another slow build to an already established event. I understand world build though... eh.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Fantastic Member

Garth Ennis's Where Monsters Dwell let me down. I like Ennis and I hope that it's just a slow starter.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael666 View Post
    So instead of creating an event book that will sell thousands and majority of the readership will read you want them to make universe altering changes in an Exiles series that will be read by 12 people? Come on man, even if you but Batman and Spider-Man on Exiles its not going to sell and you need a book that will sell if you're going to have changes made to an entire publishing universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    For myself, I'm not looking for Events with Earth shattering changes that stick... actually I prefer most of them not sticking to that degree. Personally, I'm just looking for well told stories. I remember always staying away from Marvel cosmic. Even the Annihilation Event I unfortunately passed on with a "bah..space" wave of the hand. And then I finally broke down and gave Annihilation Conquest a try. And Issue #1..without being familiar with the characters or what took place before it.. wow.. what a great issue! It sucked me right in, including the Quasar, Nova, Wraith & Star-Lord tie-ins and I've been a cosmic fan ever since! I couldn't wait until a new issue came out. It didn't feel calculated, overhyped and marketing driven like it does now. If felt like great storytelling driven! And that's what I want events to be! Planet & World War Hulk! Civil War! Those were the days for me baby! Thank you Joe Quesada! Sure he had some misses during his reign.. but when he hit.. he hit!

I would love to have that feeling again.
    I could not agree with you more. Planet/WW Hulk was amazing. Love Civil war. now that was some good writing.

This event would have been a great way to bring back Sakaar and the Planet Hulk world...stick Skaar back there and do something like a Conan/ Weirdworld type book with so many of those great characters. I would have put up a solid version of Killraven as well...although there is a realm with that name.

Also, even if marvel is going to keep him dead...it would have been a cool moment to bring back a version of Richard RIder to appease fans like me who miss him...let somebody like Lanning or Abnett play again.

Would have been neat to seen the old New Warriors roster ..maybe in the Egyptia realm.

Also, I was a huge fan of Mutant X seemed like a great time to see some of them again. I was always very fascinated by the version of Cap in that world.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 05-31-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Not sure what the hell is going on in the world of Marvel and DC. Apparently chaos. I understand Marvel and Fox are duking it out but come on. Marvel made the deal so don't take it out on the fans. I thought DC was good at totally confusing their fans with all these constant changes and reworkings while totally trashing their continuity over and over again. But not Marvel. Apparently Marvel is trying to top DC in the WTF category. Secret Wars has totally confused people. Where Monsters Dwell? An off the wall universe? Not sure where any of this is going. I started playing Heroclix to fill the void of all this chaos. A very fun game. Quite expensive actually. I was just starting to dig Spider Woman. I hope that doesn't disappear like everything else in Marvel. And what is Marvel going to do if Fox has a hit with the FF? I've been playing Heroclix for about five months now and it has filled the void nicely.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 05-31-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Not sure what the hell is going on in the world of Marvel and DC. Apparently chaos. I understand Marvel and Fox are duking it out but come on. Marvel made the deal so don't take it out on the fans. I thought DC was good at totally confusing their fans with all these constant changes and reworkings while totally trashing their continuity over and over again. But not Marvel. Apparently Marvel is trying to top DC in the WTF category. Secret Wars has totally confused people. Where Monsters Dwell? An off the wall universe? Not sure where any of this is going. I started playing Heroclix to fill the void of all this chaos. A very fun game. Quite expensive actually. I was just starting to dig Spider Woman. I hope that doesn't disappear like everything else in Marvel. And what is Marvel going to do if Fox has a hit with the FF? I've been playing Heroclix for about five months now and it has filled the void nicely.
    Just wanted to say welcome to the wonderful world of HeroClix

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    Just wanted to say welcome to the wonderful world of HeroClix
    Thanks Mighty Blue. Heroclix is awesome! I've spent quite a bit just trying to build up my collection so I can compete. Trinity Wars is where I started playing. The Avengers is making my wallet take a major hit. So has the WOL power battery resources I've been building. I play just about every Thursday night. My only hope is that I win fellowship. Lol! Very tough game to play at first but the guys at my venue have been great helping me along.

BANNED

What I got out of this is you're disappointed with Marvel, but still hand them (possibly even more) money by supporting a different revenue stream/merchandise they offer to fans.

Thumbs up to Heroclix! It doesn't have to be that expensive though. For $15-$20 dollars there are plenty of Fast Forces Heroclix Starter Packs available online that gives you everything you need to play... the figs, maps and dice. Also you can shop the secondary market on Ebay for more heroclix characters where you'll get a decent size lot of common (yet very playable) loose figures for under $10.00. But.. if you go into Heroclix with the collector mentality where your chasing Super Rares and Chase figures... and/or want to complete an entire set.. then oh yeah... it's expensive!

Apparently Marvel is trying to top DC in the WTF category.

Sadly I couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-01-2015 at 07:04 AM.