Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Goodbye SECRET WARS!!! A thread for disappointed fans ONLY!

In my opinion, after disappointing Marvel Events under the reign of Axel Alonso like "Avengers VS X-Men", "Age of Ultron" and "Infinity"... Axel may be bringing us his worst "Event" yet : Secret Wars (2015). And venturing in and out of some of these Secret Wars threads, I've realized I'm not the only one who feels that way. However in those threads, disdaining readers often found their opinion challenged by supporters of Secret Wars (2015)! But that won't happen here. This thread is for DISAPPOINTED READERS ONLY!

So if you feel "Secret Wars" (2015) is an joyless, laborious, unnecessarily over complicated read and your considering (or already) dropped the series... THIS THREAD is for YOU!

If your missing the days of the previous Joe Quesada reign where you got some pretty terrific events like "Annihilation Conquest", "Civil War" and "World War Hulk"... THIS THREAD is for YOU!

If the "Secret Wars" (2015) Battle World is starting to feel like a "Game of Thrones" derivative... THIS THREAD is for YOU!

If you cringed when you read "DOOMGARD" in Issue #2 of "Secret Wars" (2015)... THIS THREAD is for YOU!

If your tired of hearing supporters argue that the agressively advertised "Secret Wars" (2015) is a great entry for new readers, and won't confound them as they read a story where Dr. Doom is God and the world is governed by an army of Thors... THIS THREAD is for YOU!

And if you completely hate that NOW when you refer to "Secret Wars" you may be asked "which year" and you can no longer just recommend a great story to a friend like "Planet Hulk" because there will be TWO "Planet Hulk" trades and your friend might pick up the wrong one.... THIS THREAD IS FOR YOU!!!!

Well... I certainly feel better now getting that out of my system!

Post Script: I created this thread so people can feel free to express dissent without a backlash.. and to not "rain on anyone's parade" in other Secret War threads that clearly contain a discussion of appreciation. It's been my experience that many do not wish to be perceived as "trolling" such a thread. Hence, this thread was created. So if this thread is not for you, it's not for you.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 05-23-2015 at 07:02 AM.

who said it was great entry ?

I'm disappointed WITH some fan behavior in prematurely declaring this a failure before it ends. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm disappointed WITH some fan behavior in prematurely declaring this a failure before it ends. Does that count?
    That's because of what we think will follow.

Mighty Member

Didn't everyone pretty much hate Civil War and World War Hulk? How many threads like this do you think those stories had?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Honestly, I was turned off when i saw the art. It's like reading a painting.

LOL I guess some people missed where this thread was designated for "disappointed fans only"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    LOL I guess some people missed where this thread was designated for "disappointed fans only"
    We didn't miss it. We're just ignoring the attempt to keep out us undesirables.

I'm not disappointed with SW so far, and the thread might still be worth reading, depending on upcoming content.

World War Hulk started out exciting, but was a disappointment, for me and some others.

SW 2015 - there are still some mysteries to be resolved, some unanswered questions, and still a major fight with Thanos to look forward to. I'll label it a disappointment, only in retrospect when it completes, and if it truly is disappointing.

Can't say i've cared for the first 2 issues so far, especially the second. I just don't get why everyone loved it so much, it was just the same setup we've been hearing about for this story forever now with barely anything else happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Can't say i've cared for the first 2 issues so far, especially the second. I just don't get why everyone loved it so much, it was just the same setup we've been hearing about for this story forever now with barely anything else happening.
    Don't blame the story when someone already spoiled it for you, blame the spoilers.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Don't blame the story when someone already spoiled it for you, blame the spoilers.
    How would you understand? As part of the Thors Corp i see you have come here to stop the rebellion agaisnt your Master lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

You don't like the event and you're not reading it...so you started a thread to talk about how you're not reading it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Does to me because, to me, you make a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    You don't like the event and you're not reading it...so you started a thread to talk about how you're not reading it.
    I had high hopes for Secret Wars. However after reading two issues of Secret Wars and one issue of Planet Hulk.. yes I am very frustrated with this event and I believe I'm going to give up on it. Now I have also noticed pockets of people on alternate threads expressing the same feelings, so here we can choose to express that frustration and disappointment together. It's therapeutic.

a-force was completely terrible and derivative. it concerns me that this is being promoted as a future ongoing.