Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Well its what you expect from this pair. Standard u love it or u hate it stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well its what you expect from this pair. Standard u love it or u hate it stuff.
    that's the problem the only book i read from them was young avengers and it bored me to hell and back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    that's the problem the only book i read from them was young avengers and it bored me to hell and back
    Right then you are probably not going to be a fan.

BANNED

Right then you are probably not going to be a fan.
    like i said it's probably because Gillen's tastes are so far from mine that it's insane....his taste in music for example

Typically I have disliked Gillen's work (and particularly the Gillen / McKelvie pair...I think their work comes across as so hipster it hurts), but I think their sensibilities are perfectly suited to this project, and the art in particular looks really strong. I am definitely excited to try this series.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Typically I have disliked Gillen's work (and particularly the Gillen / McKelvie pair...I think their work comes across as so hipster it hurts), but I think their sensibilities are perfectly suited to this project, and the art in particular looks really strong. I am definitely excited to try this series.
    the concept makes little sense when you think about it...why would gods come to earth as teenagers when teenagers have limits in what they can do(you can't go here or you can't drink this or you can't ride that) and dying two years after you come to earth just means you aren't anything more than a placeholder

at best that just means you release one album and then that's it...you are dead

BANNED

I dont think it matters what body you take. You are a god wth do u care about the rules. Problem is 2 years is not enough time to leave much of a mark in the music industry that is like 1 breakout album and a follow up at most.

BANNED

I dont think it matters what body you take. You are a god wth do u care about the rules. Problem is 2 years is not enough time to leave much of a mark in the music industry that is like 1 breakout album and a follow up at most.
    that's what I'm saying...how can we believe these characters are incredibly popular if they are only around for two years?

they actually have posters and products with themselves on them....how the hell is that possible?! how the hell can they just spring up and suddenly be the talk of the world....

the concept makes little sense when you think about it...why would gods come to earth as teenagers when teenagers have limits in what they can do(you can't go here or you can't drink this or you can't ride that) and dying two years after you come to earth just means you aren't anything more than a placeholder

that's what I'm saying...how can we believe these characters are incredibly popular if they are only around for two years?

they actually have posters and products with themselves on them....how the hell is that possible?! how the hell can they just spring up and suddenly be the talk of the world....
    It's fiction...
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

BANNED

It's fiction...
    everyone knows its fiction but even in fiction not everyone knew about spider-man overnight when he first donned the costume

I'm just saying that it's hard to believe these people even in a comic book could be worldwide pop stars almost instantly.....

I think the colouring looks incredible. Just look at some of the details in shading and contrasting hues.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    I think the colouring looks incredible. Just look at some of the details in shading and contrasting hues.
    that's the best i can say about this series so far is the artwork it's not enough of an reason for me to jump on board but it's enough of a reason to keep looking at the preview pages

All-New Member

I'll definitely be checking this out. The singles club is one of my favorites and a go-to when someone asks for a recommendation. I find it helps not to actually listen to the songs though.

"Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real."

-Grant Morrison.

I'll be trying this series out too.Looks good.I'm already enjoying it with the preview