Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Whatever happened to Adam Warlock?

For those of you who read Thanos: The Infinity Revelation, Starlin's second comic book at Marvel since he left back in 2003, some weird cosmic alteration took place and the Adam Warlock of Earth-616 had to be killed by Thanos and was replaced by an alternate universe counterpart. That Adam Warlock took off into the depths of space after Thanos made it clear that he was not the Warlock he knew. Anyone know what happened to original and what the replacement is doing now?

BANNED

I was going to say what the last thing I saw him doing was, but instead I'll just recommend you pick up the Giffen/DnA "Guardians of the Galaxy" series (that led to the massively successful movie of the same name). He plays heavily into most of it, but isn't on the team at the moment (in the Bendis title). Part of why he wasn't in the movie (a shame, he's one of if not my favorite Marvel character).

Fantastic Member

I'm curious about this, too. It's related to the question of whether Starlin's trilogy is canon.

Perhaps we'll find out, son.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I was going to say what the last thing I saw him doing was, but instead I'll just recommend you pick up the Giffen/DnA "Guardians of the Galaxy" series (that led to the massively successful movie of the same name). He plays heavily into most of it, but isn't on the team at the moment (in the Bendis title). Part of why he wasn't in the movie (a shame, he's one of if not my favorite Marvel character).
    Infinity Revelation came out after that.

Extraordinary Member

That series is very good.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    For those of you who read Thanos: The Infinity Revelation, Starlin's second comic book at Marvel since he left back in 2003, some weird cosmic alteration took place and the Adam Warlock of Earth-616 had to be killed by Thanos and was replaced by an alternate universe counterpart. That Adam Warlock took off into the depths of space after Thanos made it clear that he was not the Warlock he knew. Anyone know what happened to original and what the replacement is doing now?
    I think that's what we'll find out in Starlin's Thanos: The Infinity Relativity, which is coming out next week.

I don't know , only Starlin and Marvel seems to had some arguments about using Adam Warlock as Thanos main enemy through that Starlins next Thanos book is delayed.
    I can only assume that had something to do with that in Avengers 3 , Thanos will be the enemy of the Avengers and not of Adam Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I don't know , only Starlin and Marvel seems to had some arguments about using Adam Warlock as Thanos main enemy through that Starlins next Thanos book is delayed.
    I can only assume that had something to do with that in Avengers 3 , Thanos will be the enemy of the Avengers and not of Adam Warlock.
    It sounds more like he is going to be the villain of the entire MCU.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Starlin ogn's seem out of continuity. And Starlin was toldhe couldnt use Adam Warlock so je made an alternate one.

Whatever the case, a version of Adam shows up in Infinity Gauntlet during Secret Wars
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    Infinity Revelation came out after that.
    My bad. I loved the '70s (and even '90s) Starlin cosmic stuff, but the last 4 or 5 attempts he's made have been just awful, I tend to avoid whatever he's doing now. Sad, some of my favorite comics ever were written by Starlin (his work is why Adam Warlock is one of my favorite characters). Then again, some of my favorite X-Men comics were written by Scott Lobdell and look how he's turned out over at DC. Guess I'm glad they're still giving these guys a shot, even if it's not tickling my fancy.

Spectacular Member

My bad. I loved the '70s (and even '90s) Starlin cosmic stuff, but the last 4 or 5 attempts he's made have been just awful, I tend to avoid whatever he's doing now.
    True that.

And in the new Avengers movie, The Vision is so similar to Warlock (Infinity Gem on forehead, artificial human, wears a flappy cape, is pure of soul) that I find it impossible to believe Warlock will be in any movies as well. Which makes him D List to everyone but Starlin.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Didn't Ultron take over Warlock?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Same thing that happened to Phyla-Vell.

The cold cosmic fridge...

I miss Phyla-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Didn't Ultron take over Warlock?
    Nope. In Annihilation: Conquest Warlock is basically the one who saves the day in the battle against Ultron.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    True that.

And in the new Avengers movie, The Vision is so similar to Warlock (Infinity Gem on forehead, artificial human, wears a flappy cape, is pure of soul) that I find it impossible to believe Warlock will be in any movies as well. Which makes him D List to everyone but Starlin.
    I don't about that. There's been creators like Matt Fraction and Si Spurrier who have pitched new Warlock series in the past few years, and they kept getting rebuffed by Marvel brass who say they have plans for Warlock. I don't think it was just to iron out things with Starlin as his OGNs seem to be their own thing. Also we've had a variety of reprints, and not just stuff that features Thanos.