Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    they kept getting rebuffed by Marvel brass who say they have plans for Warlock.
    I guess their plans for Warlock involve him turning up every now and again to do his Waldorf and Statler thing with Thanos to keep Starlin happy, so he won't fuss about the fact he owns Thanos.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    I guess their plans for Warlock involve him turning up every now and again to do his Waldorf and Statler thing with Thanos to keep Starlin happy, so he won't fuss about the fact he owns Thanos.
    That could be, but since the character is one of the most frequently pitched characters (along with Dr Strange), I don't think we can classify him as "D-List".

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    That could be, but since the character is one of the most frequently pitched characters (along with Dr Strange), I don't think we can classify him as "D-List".
    Adam Warlock would be C-list at best.

Sadly the only way he would make more comic appearances would be if he shows up in the third GOTG movie. And i'm dreading to see James Gunn's version of Adam.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

They're probably keeping him under wraps until Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

COVID-19 pushed everything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    They're probably keeping him under wraps until Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

COVID-19 pushed everything back.
    Adam Warlock has been one of my favorites since i was in junior high school. Such an underrated character.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Invincible Member

Part of the problem is that the version fans like is Jim Starlin's version and not that many people can to Jim's version like Jim.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Adam Warlock would be C-list at best.

Sadly the only way he would make more comic appearances would be if he shows up in the third GOTG movie. And i'm dreading to see James Gunn's version of Adam.
    This...is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Part of the problem is that the version fans like is Jim Starlin's version and not that many people can to Jim's version like Jim.
    Eh, Starlin's Warlock is the gold standard of course, but i liked Dan Abnett's version as the Gandalf to Star-Lord's Aragorn. Too bad he had to turn him into Magus and kill him off.

That's another reason i think Starlin's OGNs were needed, because Adam deserved a better sendoff.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This...is probably true.
    He was a main character in Infinity Wars and had a one-shot as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He was a main character in Infinity Wars and had a one-shot as well.
    I thought his impact to the story was minimal.

I mostly, only like the Starlin Warlock from its '70s iterations, through some of the Watch stories and the Crusade/ etc series. Somewhere in the '90s or whenever, other writers rather altered him and I didn't follow much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I mostly, only like the Starlin Warlock from its '70s iterations, through some of the Watch stories and the Crusade/ etc series. Somewhere in the '90s or whenever, other writers rather altered him and I didn't follow much.
    I liked Dan Abnett's version of Adam from Annihilation Conquest.

While I don't dislike Warlock, I've never been really interested in him. To me, he is a plot device used to move cosmic stories on. He doesn't have a real personality to me.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I don't dislike Warlock, I've never been really interested in him. To me, he is a plot device used to move cosmic stories on. He doesn't have a real personality to me.
    Read Jim Starlin's Warlock from the seventies. Adam Is a angsty character struggling with existenzialisn and the line between sanity and insanity.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wish they’d do more with Adam and Ayesha.