Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Any name is better than "Marvel NOW!"

Between "Marvel NOW!" and "The New 52," neither of the big 2 companies have had a sensible name for their line for years now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    All I know is I'm looking forward to Aaron Stack's turn in the red, white and blues as Captain Made-In-America.
    Don't even tease.

All I know is I'm looking forward to Aaron Stack's turn in the red, white and blues as Captain Made-In-America.
    Sold!

-Pav, who can only imagine how great this would be...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Avengers needs to come back. The White Tiger needs her own series. Same goes for Spectrum and Luke Cage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Don't even tease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Sold!

-Pav, who can only imagine how great this would be...
    Fighting the good fight for the deregulated soul of Western capitalism. "Does this look like a recyclable symbol on my forehead?!"

Ultimate Member

I've disliked most Marvel "events" since "Onslaught" but it looks like they've put a lot of work into planning this one out and some very significant changes will happen as a result.

I'll keep an open mind as some of the book concepts surrounding these changes are worth checking out.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-22-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Mighty Avengers needs to come back. The White Tiger needs her own series. Same goes for Spectrum and Luke Cage.

I'd welcome a White Tiger series BUT imo they need to pass the mantle back to Angela Del toro. Ava to me is annoying & her along with Power Kid pretty much killed any interest I had in both volumes of the relaunched Mighty Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd be more excited if that rumor about a Miss America Chavez solo is true.

-Pav, who would be hard-pressed not to buy that depending on the creative team...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Keep in mind that the root word for fan is fanatic. So technically they don't have to like anything, just be obsessed with it.
    Quoted for truth!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I'd welcome a White Tiger series BUT imo they need to pass the mantle back to Angela Del toro. Ava to me is annoying & her along with Power Kid pretty much killed any interest I had in both volumes of the relaunched Mighty Avengers.
    I agree. Loved Angela Del Toro. Marvel keeps making everybody young to appeal to something called "new readers" whatever that is.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I agree. Loved Angela Del Toro. Marvel keeps making everybody young to appeal to something called "new readers" whatever that is.
    The ones flocking to Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    The ones flocking to Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen?

I can only speak for my LCS but the people I've noticed picking up those two books are very much the same crowd who come in week in & week out & not really alot of new faces. Are there some folks picking up those books who otherwise wouldn't really be interested in comics that much? Sure but to say new readers are "flocking" to those two books is a massive exaggeration imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Penance View Post
    miles is such a lame character(just as the rest of his original universe) that it would be a bad joke replacing Peter with him beisdes marvel is not as detached from the fans as dc they now that spider-man is a household name, peter parker is a household name, miles morales is NOT a household name. besides who would be soo stupid to replace a stan lee creation with a bendis creation?
    Your choice of avatar calls into question your judgement in matters of taste...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I can only speak for my LCS but the people I've noticed picking up those two books are very much the same crowd who come in week in & week out & not really alot of new faces. Are there some folks picking up those books who otherwise wouldn't really be interested in comics that much? Sure but to say new readers are "flocking" to those two books is a massive exaggeration imo.
    There's all sorts of ways to get comic books these days. I think the 'older' generations favor shops and the like, but newer fans? Tap of the screen works just fine, if not better.

Extraordinary Member

There's all sorts of ways to get comic books these days. I think the 'older' generations favor shops and the like, but newer fans? Tap of the screen works just fine, if not better.
    Yeah, one theory - which seems to be coming true - is that younger readers and girls in particular find it easier to get into comics now that they don't have to go into comic stores, which are often not very girl-friendly or kid-friendly places.