Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Overrated-the big silver age heroes. So much of what DC has done that upsets people has been about going back to the silver age with Barry, Hal, Barbara, ect. And in the dilver age most characters were just boring boy scouts.

Also Catwoman. Not bad by any means, but I cannot for the life of me understand why she's considered Batman's #1 love interest.

Underrated-Stephanie Brown. Easily one of the best charaters from the Bat-side of the universe but constantly given the shaft by editorial. There's a reason so many many writers spent years begging to be able to use her.

Matrix/Supergirl. She had some really good stories before they went silver age again. And was pretty unique for a Superman character.

Steel. The movie will be all he's remembered for, but could have easily been DC's answer to Iron Man.
    Me neither especially these days.

Overrated: Batman, Lobo, Harley Quinn, Joker

Underrated: Aquaman, Hawkman, Zatanna, the Atom (Ray and Ryan)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Overrated:

Post DKR Batgod. I have no problem with Batman as the ultimate human being, but any story that rests on the "with enough planning time" falls flat for me. Too many writers portray Batman with the idea that he simply never fails. A great military quote is "No battleplan survives contact with the enemy", because even the best general will have some detail not go as planned. Batman's version rests on "every plan I make will go exactly as written". He never plans for two guards only to have a third unexpectedly show up. The JLA can all attack an opponent and have him shrug off Superman's punches and heat vision, J'onn partially materializing inside the guy's body, The Flash hitting him at lightspeed in a dozen places .... but Batman enters the fight and takes the guy down using "pressure points".

Superman: Love the guy to death. Hated Byrne's powerdown of him in 1986. But even I am taken aback when we see him shrug off black holes, extinguish stars with a sneeze, or tow planets through space like giant marbles. If the guy is that powerful then there is no way any weapon that manages to hurt him or any battle between two Kryptonians doesn't vaporize the planet as a natural side-effect.
    And the most annoying thing is fanboys want the Bat God level feats, accomplishments and gear, but then want to still claim how "human" he is. No. You pick one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    Yes, but that was only because Wolfman made that declaration at the end of the story. They could have made a declaration like that at the end of the Trigon story, but she was instead forgiven. Likewise, the JC story could have been written with Terra being influenced by Deathstroke. It could have gone either way until that declaration was made at the end.
    I really don't understand why so many have trouble believing this. Not only was Terra acting of her own will, she tried to kill Deathstroke as well when he acted as what she perceived to be weakness. She tried to kill Beast Boy during training when she lost her temper, and more than once spoke disdainfully of normal humans. I have no idea why writers and fans keep trying to woobiefy her.
    Last edited by BlackWind; 06-28-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Overrated

- John Constantine (once great, now just tired)
    - Lobo
    - Darkseid
    - Tim, Cassie, Kon, and Bart
    - Etrigan
    - Kyle Rayner
    - Oracle (though Barbara Gordon is one of DC's greatest characters, in any role)
    - Vixen
    - Bane
    - Jason Todd
    - Damian Wayne (love the character but his popularity is insane)
    - Legion of Super-Heroes

Underrated

- Elongated Man
    - Black Lightning
    - Metamorpho
    - Element Woman
    - The Doom Patrol
    - The Creeper
    - Shade, The Changing Man (Milligan!)
    - Android Hourman (Peyer/Morales!)
    - Mr. Mxyzptlk
    - Terra-Man