Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Fade Out, #6

Charlie and Gil both make dramatic choices in Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' "Fade Out" #6.

Full review here.

Fade Out # 6 is a very good issue when you appreciate the writings of Mr. Brubaker and this is my case. Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips are raising tensions throughout the reading of this issue and I must say that I love enore once the way the writer has to play the most common situations in this kind of writing, it works well and mostly it never hurts, it's very natural in a way. This is pure Black story and it felt even in the drawings, the style of Sean Philips as always corresponds to the style of Brubaker and I must say that very hard to imagine another designer to stage his stories. Brubaker relies heavily on its acknowledgments I agree, but it works and even though at times it's no surprise, in my case it captivates me and I want to know more, I like to see Dottie or characters like Flapjack, they are somehow archetypes, but I like just because you just get to have some surprises sometimes. The narrative is typical of such stories, it's black detective end-to-end with a real jazz atmosphere and it does not take me to dance on site from reading this series. It's never surimpresssion is especially well written and fluid, and we believe it really is nice to see the events happen before our eyes is real and at times we really feel for have a Michael Mann film as a comic-book to take a current director.
    The characterization of Gil and Charlie is very good, the treatment of female characters is offset against, that's not bad, but good when you know the strength of his female characters usually, we would like to have more. Good by cons they are quite similar and that is unfortunate enough while I appreciate the characters in question. I just want to see them somehow break the mold in which they find themselves.
    The drawings are still awesome once it's violent, brutal, you feel the tension in the boards and it is especially the fine lines which is nice, I like what I see because it is always so beautiful and especially realistic, we believe in what we see, or no matter the scene takes place, it is still too real, you really like seeing pictures relatively speaking of course. For now, I have no complaints about this series of quality, again the team offers us a very good issue.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison

For me, Brubaker is the single greatest writer in comic books today. You can tell he does his research and paints a great picture at the same time taking into a account for the small details that really make you feel like you're in the story. Obviously it doesn't hurt that he works with Eptings and Phillips. Two of the most brilliant artists of all time. I don't think there has been an issue that Team Brubaker has done that hasn't been anything short of genius.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post
    For me, Brubaker is the single greatest writer in comic books today. You can tell he does his research and paints a great picture at the same time taking into a account for the small details that really make you feel like you're in the story. Obviously it doesn't hurt that he works with Eptings and Phillips. Two of the most brilliant artists of all time. I don't think there has been an issue that Team Brubaker has done that hasn't been anything short of genius.
    I'm right there with ya. Fatale was actually my least favorite Brubaker series and it was very good.

BANNED

I just finished reading #7.
    As much as I like this story I really don't need to see 6-7 pages of sex.
    I'm done with this story.