Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't recall Didio ever stating that no one had any chance of surviving coming out of Convergence. Yes he talked of heroes making the ultimate sacrifice, but how is that saying that everyone dies? Thomas already has, and Hal probably will, so they've already made good on that little tease. But the prospect of any survivors at all? That was always up in the air, no one committed one way or another on that. So its impossible from a fan standpoint to say that DC doing is an about-face if some characters and perhaps even whole cities survive. If anything it just sounds like a pro-Marvel fanboy rant more than anything else.
    I believe that the characters "ultimate sacrifice" was never meant to be most of their actual lives. I believe it's meant to be something else altogether. I would classify things such as having to lose (from their perspective remembering that as far as the characters are concerned they have somewhere to return to) either their own versions of Earth or even their ability to get home as an ultimate sacrifice.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Convergences is ending and SW just begun so how is it that DC is copying?
    except that marvel planned secret wars really ahead, so when they are publishing doesn't matter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    except that marvel planned secret wars really ahead, so when they are publishing doesn't matter.
    The move of DC offices to LA was announced about 2 years ago. Convergence was already being planned then.

You're not making sense anyway. So DC and Marvel now share each other's publishing plans and schedules?

Sure Marvel had this all planned out in advance but at the end of the day that also means very little. My opinion on this is that pretty much everyone is comparing apples to oranges here. SW is clearly a summer blockbuster event on a grand scale likely modeled in some degree on DCs COIE. It's got a zillion tie-ins and will bring some character from the Ultimate U. into the main Marvel U. It may also have some other long lasting effects as well. Convergence is a small scale event that at the moment looks to only immediately effect one group of characters (The ones from Earth 2) and will make the characters from past continuities available for use by creatives if they chose to use them. It's unclear what if anything will be effected going forward and it's original purpose was to cover DC move across country that they have know about for a few years. A major move like this wouldn't have been down at the drop of a hat. I don't buy that the two are all that similar nor do I buy that DC changed anything recently so as to copy from Marvel. Weekly comics have insane schedules or so I've heard so it wouldn't be all that easy to make any kind of major change once the creative teams got rolling.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-26-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Sure Marvel had this all planned out in advance but at the end of the day that also means very little. My opinion on this is that pretty much everyone is comparing apples to oranges here. SW is clearly a summer blockbuster event on a grand scale likely modeled in some degree on DCs COIE. It's got a zillion tie-ins and will bring some character from the Ultimate U. into the main Marvel U. It may also have some other long lasting effects as well. Convergence is a small scale event that at the moment looks to only immediately effect one group of characters (The ones from Earth 2) and will make the characters from past continuities available for use by creatives if they chose to use them. It's unclear what if anything will be effected going forward and it's original purpose was to cover DC move across country that they have know about for a few years. A major move like this wouldn't have been down at the drop of a hat. I don't buy that the two are all that similar nor do I buy that DC changed anything recently so as to copy from Marvel. Weekly comics have insane schedules or so I've heard so it wouldn't be all that easy to make any kind of major change once the creative teams got rolling.
    While I agree with you about pretty much everything you said, DC's seat-of-the-pants launch of New52 and related issues (last minute changes to Flashpoint, sudden importance of Pandora, "it's not a reboot") has put everything they do in a similar light.

They could have the most amazing summer event laid out that they worked on for years, but because of 2011, the slightest coincidence would spark accusations of last minute changes or copying.

There's really nothing DC can do right now but just live it down and make the best of it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

I'd be okay with that, but I'm admittedly not that confident in the competence of the current administration to not mess even that up.
    But hell yeah, a real Multiverse like that would be awesome. So it would be keeping in the current model that Grant Morrison recently set up, or will it be something else?

In response to @Sacred Knight's comments, no, that wasn't a Pro-Marvel fanboy rant. That's merely an honest observation based off the end results of Dan's many failures, specifically the failure of project NU52.
    Let's say for the sake of arguement, that not everyone Pre-NU52 dies, then what? They're left to the mercy of whatever writer wants to use them, with various results.
    Do they become used like the Ultimate U from Marvel or Earth-2 of old, where they are allowed to die, grow old, lose limbs, etc?

I'm just saying the original stated official goal of Convergance was for it to cover the move from New York to California, with no more susbstance than a summer blockbuster movie, with little to no impact on the NU52 universe. Than it became, "well it sorta matters since its one last look at your childhood heroes", than "Oh yeah, this was always supposed to matter." Matter how? Sure its too soon to tell, but based of the previews and solits from Divergence and the other ongoings, doesn't really look like much.
    And to dispell the whole "Pro-Marvel fanboy rant" thing, I'm equally mystified by the overall impact of Secret Wars as well. Because other than what's already been previewed and shown, there's no really clear idea of what the NU MU will look like either......8 MONTHS LATER....

And Didio said the first hint at Convergence was back in the Challenges of the Unknown series so again how is it that DC is copying?
    Last edited by Sirzechs; 05-26-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    And Convergence was suppose to happen back in 2010, Didio said the first hint at Convergence was back in the Challenges of the Unknown series so again how is it that DC is copying?
    who knows what convergence was that? because this mini doesn't look planned at all

Quote Originally Posted by kingflame81 View Post
    I'd be okay with that, but I'm admittedly not that confident in the competence of the current administration to not mess even that up.
    But hell yeah, a real Multiverse like that would be awesome. So it would be keeping in the current model that Grant Morrison recently set up, or will it be something else?

In response to @Sacred Knight's comments, no, that wasn't a Pro-Marvel fanboy rant. That's merely an honest observation based off the end results of Dan's many failures, specifically the failure of project NU52.
    Let's say for the sake of arguement, that not everyone Pre-NU52 dies, then what? They're left to the mercy of whatever writer wants to use them, with various results.
    Do they become used like the Ultimate U from Marvel or Earth-2 of old, where they are allowed to die, grow old, lose limbs, etc?

I'm just saying the original stated official goal of Convergance was for it to cover the move from New York to California, with no more susbstance than a summer blockbuster movie, with little to no impact on the NU52 universe. Than it became, "well it sorta matters since its one last look at your childhood heroes", than "Oh yeah, this was always supposed to matter." Matter how? Sure its too soon to tell, but based of the previews and solits from Divergence and the other ongoings, doesn't really look like much.
    And to dispell the whole "Pro-Marvel fanboy rant" thing, I'm equally mystified by the overall impact of Secret Wars as well. Because other than what's already been previewed and shown, there's no really clear idea of what the NU MU will look like either......8 MONTHS LATER....
    that is pretty much what I wanted to know, because if they are all restored and not used, the event is pointless. They could just have their own earths, no event needed.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    The move of DC offices to LA was announced about 2 years ago. Convergence was already being planned then.

You're not making sense anyway. So DC and Marvel now share each other's publishing plans and schedules?
    maybe lol the first hint of secret wars are on hickman shield on 2010. and 2012 he was already writing avengers with secret wars as objective
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-26-2015 at 04:30 PM.

who knows what convergence was that? because this mini doesn't look planned at all
    Yep they're just winging it right? please The event is connect to several series two weekly series and other issues and you want to run with DC copied the unannounced Marvel event?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Fantastic Member

This is all silly and clumsy superhero comic-booking, but I'm totally down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    This is all silly and clumsy superhero comic-booking, but I'm totally down for it.
    Heck, yeah! Convergence hasn't been the most tightly scripted series that DC has ever put out (though I've seen much, much worse); but I can forgive that if the end result brings back what the New 52 abandoned, as it's looking like it will.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

that is pretty much what I wanted to know, because if they are all restored and not used, the event is pointless. They could just have their own earths, no event needed.

maybe lol the first hint of secret wars are on hickman shield on 2010. and 2012 he was already writing avengers with secret wars as objective
    Yes and he let DC know way back then that they'll be publishing something called Secret Wars 5 years later so DC would get a heads up. Because you know, DC and Marvel share each other's publishing plans.

You've already been told that Convergence started from Challengers of the Unknown which started on 2011. But you moved the goal post and go "yeah well DC changed it's original Convergence concept to copy the concept that Hickman was cooking up in Avengers because DC knows what Hickman's Avengers is leading to when he started writing it in 2012". What a load of crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Yes and he let DC know way back then that they'll be publishing something called Secret Wars 5 years later so DC would get a heads up. Because you know, DC and Marvel share each other's publishing plans.

You've already been told that Convergence started from Challengers of the Unknown which started on 2011. But you moved the goal post and go "yeah well DC changed it's original Convergence concept to copy the concept that Hickman was cooking up in Avengers because DC knows what Hickman's Avengers is leading to when he started writing it in 2012". What a load of crap.
    funny enough black cat was turned into a mob boss around the same time that catwoman was turned into a mob boss too
    I don't know how those "coincidences" happen, but it is fun to speculate.

chlallengers of unknown has the word "convergence", remember that convergence was named first "blood moon". it was probably a later decision

funny enough black cat was turned into a mob boss around the same time that catwoman was turned into a mob boss too
    I don't know how those "coincidences" happen, but it is fun to speculate.

chlallengers of unknown has the word "convergence", remember that convergence was named first "blood moon". it was probably a later decision
    Convergence name was never Blood Moon that was speculate due to the planet's name being Blood Moon and Futures End hints to the planet appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    While I agree with you about pretty much everything you said, DC's seat-of-the-pants launch of New52 and related issues (last minute changes to Flashpoint, sudden importance of Pandora, "it's not a reboot") has put everything they do in a similar light.

They could have the most amazing summer event laid out that they worked on for years, but because of 2011, the slightest coincidence would spark accusations of last minute changes or copying.

There's really nothing DC can do right now but just live it down and make the best of it.
    I can understand that but frankly most of the time it seems to be merely a kneejerk response on the part of a certain type of fan who would likely make such accusations anyway. They just happen to have an excuse handy to cover for them.