Default Critters Vs. Xenomorphs

Which alien species would have the better chance of taking/destroying the world? Which Invasion would be the more deadly? The Krites from the Critter films or the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies?

Critter Invasion:

Scenario 1: 1,000 Critters in groups of 2 are transported to random location's around the world (U.S., Japan, Mexico, U.K. etc..).

Scenario 2: Same as above, but 10,000 Instead of 1,000.

Xenomorph Invasion:

Scenario 1: 1,000 Xenomorphs (Including 1 Queen) in groups of 2 are transported to random location's around the world (U.S., Japan, Mexico, U.K. etc..)

Scenario 2: Same as above, but 10,000 Instead of 1,000.

Critter's (Krites) :

http://critters.wikia.com/wiki/Crites

Xenomorph's:

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    Which alien species would have the better chance of taking/destroying the world? Which Invasion would be the more deadly? The Krites from the Critter films or the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies?
    I recall a similar thread on the old boards. I said then that the Krites were actually probably worse than the Xenomorphs, and I'll stick to that. The little bastards are remarkably versatile, demonstrating ranged weaponry, (the poison spines) a destructive tank mode, (the giant ball of Krites) and advanced tool use. (Meaning that once they got into a military base, things get much worse.)

They also have fewer limitations in their breeding: Xenomorphs need hosts. Krites just need protein. Xenos don't seem to breed as explosively as the Krites do, either. (Yeah, they lay a lot of eggs, but those just sort of hibernate until a host gets near. We don't really know how long it took the Xenos to get as set up as they did in the second movie, other than it had been a few months. The Krites, IIRC, hit their crazy numbers in a couple of days.)

The Xenos have the adaptation, the acid blood, and the crazy combat speed, but I think the Krites are the faster invasion.

(Mind you, if both invasions are happening at once, the Xenos win. That acid blood makes them unappetizing to the Krites, and once they hit the Krites, you start seeing Xenokrites.)

Critters. The acid blood will be a problem for them, but I seem to remember them breeding way faster than the xenos.