Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Traitor Game L Sign-Ups

Traitor Game L: Existential Crisis

An Epic Landmark Extravaganza brought to you by Indigo Al, Froggy, and Joe Acro.

The story:
    In one multiverse, the Crisis on Infinite Earths is playing out differently. The Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave is out of control, leaking into other multiverses. The Monitor has gathered a team from multiple worlds--the Wanderers--to gather artifacts of power from previous Traitor Games in an effort to safeguard the rest of reality. The Anti-Monitor realizes his plan and creates his own team--the Suicide Squad--to gather such artifacts to increase his power and his sphere of influence! So the Monitor has drafted more beings to thwart the Anti-Monitor's efforts within his home multiverse. But all this destruction and crisscrossing of reality has awoken long-dormant, ethereal Hypertime Hounds, creatures who now seek to steal the power from Monitor's forces and reclaim their place in reality.

It's a battle for control of all reality and for the safety of all reality, a stroll through various custom realities, and very much a walk down Traitor Game Memory Lane.

Roles:
    The Traitors: the Hounds are jumping from player to player, and every round they kill a participant in the game using their host bodies. If someone being possessed by a Hound is voted out, the Hound, too, is vanquished from the game.

The Agents: Immune to the possession, and given special insight to check someone once a round to determine if they are possessed.

The Guard: May choose to protect a fellow player from being killed in a round.

The Judge: May choose to protect a fellow player from being voted out in a round.

The Speaker: May choose to vote twice in a round--once in-game, once via PM.

Character requirement:
    You choose two characters. Your first character plays until they are eliminated, then our your second character takes their place. No requirements are in place for what characters you choose.

However, if you choose a character that is a newly-imagined modified/what-if/amalgamated/elseworlds DC character, we'll allow you to suggest either a TG artifact for the Wanderers to hunt or a custom world for the current game to travel through.

When you sign up, please list both characters you intend to use. Since we know it takes a while for some to settle on one character, let alone two(!), sign-ups will last until Friday, June 12, 11:59 EST

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

List of people who have signed up
    Anodyne: Red Lantern Dex-Starr/Dr. Terrence Thirteen
    Deadpooligan: Ultra Rogue/???
    Jeremi: Tessa Henshaw, the Cyborg Sage/The Bat, Scourge of the Underworld
    Mighty Roman: Lobo the Duck/Superstorm
    BarrenThin: Malcolm Reynolds/Dr. Greg House, M.D.
    Indigo Al: Arak Magnus/Amason
    Thuro Pendragon: Jubal Early/Dominar Rygel the Sixteenth
    Cthulhudrew: Gammastorm/???
    Wolvie616: Thor Odinson/Martian Manhunter, Hero Supreme
    Chris Lang: Linda Park-West a.k.a. Hummingbird/GL Mary Jane Watson-Parker
    Josh: Princess Kitana, Wonder Woman/Giorno Giovanna
    Masterbasset: The Weaver/Lung
    Nschornhorst: Circe/Eobard Vawne Doom, Doctor Zoom
    The Purple Skull: Savage Hawkman/Superior Iron Man

My choices:Dex-Starr, out for revenge against his first owner's murderer--and retaining his Red Lantern powers, including speech and the making of constructs.
    Dr. Terrence Thirteen, the Ghost-Breaker, as I wish DC would write him.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 05-28-2015 at 09:18 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Question: Does that mean if our first character is eliminated, we can't use them anymore, period? If that's the case, I'd have to think of someone I wouldn't get too attached to and who'd avoid any meaningful interaction with the other characters because it might get cut short any round.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Question: Does that mean if our first character is eliminated, we can't use them anymore, period? If that's the case, I'd have to think of someone I wouldn't get too attached to and who'd avoid any meaningful interaction with the other characters because it might get cut short any round.
    I imagine it's how the Exiles game worked.

Actually, didn't I read in the proposal that the eliminated end up going with the Wanderers in their plot line or something?

I'm joining in as...

The Uncanny Ultra-Rogue!

Actually, didn't I read in the proposal that the eliminated end up going with the Wanderers in their plot line or something?
    Yes. Any character that is eliminated does in fact survive and joins the Wanderers on their missions of increasing difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    I'm joining in as...

The Uncanny Ultra-Rogue!

Neat! But, who's your second character?

Okay, I love Deadpooligan's choice. But now I need to come up with character choices for myself.

Should I dip back into the well of universes I've already used in Traitor Games, or try a universe I haven't used before?

Signing up as Tessa Henshaw aka the Cyborg Sage.

My second choice is pending when I've decided on it.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I've decided my first character....
    Lobo the Duck!

My second choice is also pending. I'll announce it soon.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Amazing Member

I believe I shall join as Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly) and Greg House (House M.D.).

Quote Originally Posted by BarrenThin View Post
    I believe I shall join as Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly) and Greg House (House M.D.).
    Well, what Malcolm can bring to the group is obvious. As for House, I suppose he'd be useful in diagnosing any mysterious poisonings.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrenThin View Post

Now I'm tempted to play as Early as well as the Jayne from the Marvelous Wild West game.
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Amazing Member

Well, what Malcolm can bring to the group is obvious. As for House, I suppose he'd be useful in diagnosing any mysterious poisonings.
    That, and my only performance was as House was cut short by my own actions. You've probably seen me brag like an arrogant butt about how I didn't get caught in Eden in the MGs. That was partially because I threw House under the bus.