Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Go and see Bruce Springsteen's show at Winterland December 15, 1978 so many times that eventually the audience would be comprised of nothing but different versions of myself, thus rupturing the space-time continuum and the very fabric of reality itself.

Totes worth it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd go back to December of 1980 and buy say, 1,000 shares worth of stock in a fledgling computer company named after a fruit when it was a mere $22.00 a share. Chances are I'd be pretty well off financially today.
    Hey! That was mine...

I said I'd buy stock in the mid 90s and they were near bankruptcy!

Make billions on your own ideas! 😉

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Go and see Bruce Springsteen's show at Winterland December 15, 1978.
    Yeah, something like that. I was only 6 when John Bonham died so to go back and see Led Zeppelin in their prime would be essential.

I'd also go back and tell my younger self to pay attention to History in school. It's a subject that I hated back then but love today. Some kind of get-rich-quick scheme would be handy too.

Incredible Member

Head back to 1938, hit up a newsstand for that new 'Action Comics' funnybook with the guy throwing the car on the cover. Take it to the nearest bank and put it in a safety deposit box.
    Just a little problem of finding era appropriate dimes to buy it, finding a bank that will survive the crash of '39 paying the fees of the box to the present. Better to bury it in an air-tight box somewhere you know won't be disturbed for the next 77 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Just a little problem of finding era appropriate dimes to buy it, finding a bank that will survive the crash of '39 paying the fees of the box to the present. Better to bury it in an air-tight box somewhere you know won't be disturbed for the next 77 years.
    You're a thinker. I like that.

Spectacular Member

I want to see my school days again...
    Kudos to Maureen O'Connell of Scholastic for getting us the Harry Potter series.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nothing at all.

The way I see it is that simply going back in time and taking up space and resources changes time. Even your mere presence could have dire consequences.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Head back to 1938, hit up a newsstand for that new 'Action Comics' funnybook with the guy throwing the car on the cover. Take it to the nearest bank and put it in a safety deposit box.
    And a CGC slab to seal it in.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nothing at all.

The way I see it is that simply going back in time and taking up space and resources changes time. Even your mere presence could have dire consequences.
    All the more reason to do it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    All the more reason to do it.
    Guess I care about others too much.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Maybe seek out every brilliant composer/artist/writer/etc. who died penniless, depressed and unrecognised and tell them that their work will endure and touch the lives of millions of people. It's pretty much the ending of that Doctor Who episode with van Gogh, but in my defence, I thought of it long before they made that episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Guess I care about others too much.
    Yes. That's the problem entirely.

Avoiding things like imperialism and the world wars would be such a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by weetomuncher View Post
    But in terms of travelling for fun, I'd love to be able to go back to my childhood and see everything as it was.

I'd bring back truckloads of ZX Spectrum and Amiga stuff too. And probably sell lots of it on Ebay too!
    But what if everyone did the same, and the market got overcrowded, making the prices drop? Or something you did prevented E-bay from being founded?
    Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Id go back to the day before I got my ass kicked by a kid named chuck norris and teach my self to defend my self. High school would have gone much better for me then.
    Better make it more than a day. It takes time and practice to develop fighting skills. BTW, your Chuck Norris isn't the Chuck Norris who starred in The Rifleman or Walker, Texas Ranger on TV, is he?

Of all the fictional versions of time-travel I've seen, the one that makes most sense to me was the TV show 7 Days. You could only alter recent events, before they became set.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Given that going back to change things years ago can cause unexpected ripples which could be catastrophic, the most sensible thing to do is make short trips.

Winning the lottery is easy. Then you can just wait for the next disaster to happen and just pop back a week to stop it happening.

My first thought is to go back and save Kennedy or Lincoln. And of course to kill Hitler.

All-New Member

You could save people but you would just have to take them with you. Like war or natural disasters where people could just be assumed dead. Then you could take to the the far future after humans died off. Restart humanity with the rescues of the past.