Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Should DC do a live action multiverse

With Marvel having their movies and TV shows all connected what if DC went another route. Right now we have Arrow and The Flash on TV with Legends of Tomorrow on the way. Then we have Batman V Superman to kick off the DC cinematic universe. What if they crossed the two over in a multiverse. It would give writers the freedom to tell whatever stories they wish but still allow for big team ups and characters meeting. DC could build the Cinematic universe up in to crisis on infinite earths which could feature anyone.

BANNED

No. Theres no way anyone could handle it well. It would end up being a convoluted mess.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I don't know if a whole show or movie could be built around it, but during last week's THE FLASH, Season 1 finale, I was hoping that as he went through the time/space tunnel, the Flash/Barry Allen would see scenes from past DC-based TV shows...the previous, 1990s version of THE FLASH, the 1970s Lynda Carter WONDER WOMAN series, the 1970s SHAZAM! series, the Adam West BATMAN series, and the final thing Barry would see would be George Reeves as Superman.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

For the tv multiverse, it is probably less confusing to start with earth 2 jay garrick and earth 3 johnny quick. I prefer Cw to develop a tv JL (similar to the old Smallville JL) rather than dwell too much on the multiverse. Should be ok for cw to have its own JL separate from the movie JL. Cw seems to be getting Hal Jordan soon so the Cw JL seems to be building up slowly. Since Hawkgirl is on a different team, my guess is Cw is also planning to do Katar Hol.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 05-24-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Or, I don't know, the DCCU could just introduce their own Green Arrow since they already have a Flash? Seems like a big convoluted mess just to say hi to Green freakin' Arrow.

The CW doesn't really have much of an audience, the films have a massive world wide audience.

Incredible Member

Uhh sure...

All it would take is Barry seeing brief footage of Miller's Flash, Shipp's Flash etc in the speed force. Done and done. I wouldnt be surprised if we got something like this, or some cheeky meta line from Cisco about other versions of Barry.

But bringing the tv show characters to a movie? Not gonna happen, nor do I really care to see it.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-24-2015 at 08:59 PM.