Cool Phonogram (personal opinions)

Want to read this comic series, but then I'm not sure if it's worth it. I mean I love brit pop culture, I love comics and I guess when you have them combine it has to be great... But then more great ideas went to hell even before they started, so I want to know your personal opinion about it. Is it bad? why? is it good? why? Just tell me so I make myself an idea, you have an expert eye and I'm a fan of independent so my eye not always is good enough

Thank you, you're the best

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I know a lot of people really love it but I was never a fan. Gillen's writing just doesn't resonate at all with me and I find his characters incredibly annoying. That said, my problems with Phonogram are largely subjective, as it's clearly a well crafted and beautifully drawn comic. Check out one of them (Wicked + Divine) and if you like it then you're probably sorted with all things Gillen.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I'm with the poster above me. I can see that his comics are good and unique, but I care so little about hipster culture that it comes off as pretentious. I've probably posted this before, but his stuff is like if the show Portlandia wasn't self aware and took itself seriously.