Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Honestly I find it somewhat disappointing, I think Sam Wilson and the Falcon ID are strong enough to stand on their own and not have the character sub in for Steve Rogers.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

A clearer image.

Ultimate Member

I still wish that it was Jet Black. This just seems like too obvious/cliché a move. At least it being Jet would have said something about Cap's character/ability to inspire people. Plus Falcon already has an established identity that he's done quite well in.

*sigh*

Oh well, here's to hoping we get some good and fun stories out it. When he returns to the Falcon ID hopefully they can keep his stock up like they're doing with Bucky. I'm ready!

And Immonen. Yum.

And rereading I actually do like some of what they're saying in the article, like:

"While Sam shares many of Steve's beliefs in a general sense, he's also a very different person with a very different background," series editor Tom Brevoort added. “He didn't grow up in the 1930s, he’s a modern day man in touch with the problems of the 21st Century. For most of his professional life, Sam has worked as a social worker, so he’s seen the worst of urban society up close, and how crime, poverty, lack of social structure and opportunity can affect the community."
    I honestly haven't been keeping up with RR's Cap but seeing those scans from that tumblr post seems like Rick may get what Sam is about and he can flesh it out even more. Naturally, I'd like them to do it with him as Falcon lol but this might be great. I'm also anxious to see the type of relationship he forms with Ian. Giving Piccolo/Gohan tease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I still wish that it was Jet Black. This just seems like too obvious/cliché a move. At least it being Jet would have said something about Cap's character/ability to inspire people. Plus Falcon already has an established identity that he's done quite well in.
    Is Jet going to be in a movie? If not and if Marvel's has no plans for said character to get in a movie then they are unlikely to get a major push.

Ultimate Member

I just hope that this is kind of a "back door pilot" for Sam to get a series as Falcon down the road.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I just hope that this is kind of a "back door pilot" for Sam to get a series as Falcon down the road.
    I don't see why he couldn't get a series now, in character. He has such a terrific legacy and there's a lot of love for Mackie's incarnation. Why not just run with that?
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I prefer Falcon in his last costume. Cap's costume is so ugly.

Please tell me he gets to keep his wings. I guess the Shileds ok.

But Flacon was far cooler to me as Falcon. Give physics defying Shield and patchwork costume to someone else
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

A clearer image.
    Having seen more of his outfit in more pictures, I have to say I think Falcon's Captain America is a little better then Steve's. For future reference I'm not saying he's better just his uniform looks a little better in my opinion.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I don't see why he couldn't get a series now, in character. He has such a terrific legacy and there's a lot of love for Mackie's incarnation. Why not just run with that?
    Retailer are way too risk averse to say order 100 copies of Falcon #1.

All New Captain America #1?

There's brand recognition there.

Its the same reason they are doing a female Thor book rather than giving Sit or Valkyrie her own series.

They've been selling a Thor book for years. The retailers know they have an audience for Thor, whether he is a male,
    female, alien or giant talking frog.

BANNED

Don't care what anyone says. I'm totally for this move and I hope like hell it pans out for Sam in the future.

Make mine Captain Falcon America!
    Last edited by Trident; 07-17-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Good for Sam! Happy for him, would of preferred them pushing him as Falcon but still good for him. Hopefully by the time Captain America 3 comes out when Steve takes his **** back, we can finally get that Falcon solo series I've been wanting.

Captain Falcon! This is gonna be fun!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Retailer are way too risk averse to say order 100 copies of Falcon #1.

All New Captain America #1?

There's brand recognition there.

Its the same reason they are doing a female Thor book rather than giving Sit or Valkyrie her own series.

They've been selling a Thor book for years. The retailers know they have an audience for Thor, whether he is a male,
    female, alien or giant talking frog.

That was all you needed to say. Like I said in the Minority PC thread-Captain Falcon will get you 100 copies with 75 selling and 25 free for the curious. Falcon will get you 25 copies that sell out and no chance of reorder for the curious folks.

That was the same issue for Valkyrie & Sit-the books sell out but don't warrant larger order numbers.

Now a Falcon series in the feature-maybe. We saw it before with War Machine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I agree with you. I thought we were going to get maybe a new Falcon mini-series to capitalize on the Cap 2 movie (I mean, they did the reprints), but...I guess Marvel didn't want to do it.