Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1355
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sam using the Cap title wouldn’t prevent the title from cancellation with Steves being on the stands as well. While I very much enjoyed some of Sams Cap run, Marvel weakened Sams ability to carry a solo by making him Cap in the first place. Beacusd Steve will always come back and now more so than ever fans who never gave Sam the chance will see him as weaker derivative because he took up his mantel for so long.

The “he should have stayed Cap” argument falls on its face with Steve being in the mix every time. Marvel should have pushed Sam in Steves absence as Falcon. Haveing him still use Cap’s shield in remembrance but draw a hard line in the sand with Sam leading the Avengers and having a solo run as Falcon while Steve couldn’t serve.

Doing so would have sent a differnet message and the current title very well could still be on the stands because of it.
    I agree. Marvel pushing Sam as Cap America de facto made Sam viewed as a second rate Cap America. Falcon should've risen to fill the void and been the American hero AS Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valens View Post
    I'm so mad. I thought the first arc was poorly paced but I loved the story overall and I thought issue #7 was the best piece of storytelling so far.

I think Barnes has settled into a good writer also. I really believe the pacing of the first arc really killed interest. The first arc could've been 3 issues.

But I agree. Everyone on social media was demanding that Sam should have his own series but it seems like I was the only one at my store who pulled it. No one was talking about it, no one was buying it. It's sad because there's a lot of room for amazing Sam and Shaun stories. I hope they get the occasional mini to draw interest for hopefully another run.

Cassana was fantastic this issue too.
    I thought the only bad issue in the first arc was #2, but you're right about the pacing. He fell into the same trap as Coates did for "The Crew". Social issues are nice topics to do as subplots, but when it becomes the main plot, it doesn't encourage people to buy comic books when they think they are buying a college lecture. Better off writing for a political magazine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valens View Post
    But I agree. Everyone on social media was demanding that Sam should have his own series but it seems like I was the only one at my store who pulled it. No one was talking about it, no one was buying it. It's sad because there's a lot of room for amazing Sam and Shaun stories. I hope they get the occasional mini to draw interest for hopefully another run.
    It does pretty well around here. Then again Moon Girl, Supergirl and a bunch of other echo chamber hated books sell okay and sell out at times.

While I very much enjoyed some of Sams Cap run, Marvel weakened Sams ability to carry a solo by making him Cap in the first place. Beacusd Steve will always come back and now more so than ever fans who never gave Sam the chance will see him as weaker derivative because he took up his mantel for so long.
    Then shouldn't it have weaken Winter Soldier, War Machine, Ben Riley and others who got new names after taking over for folks?

Shouldn't Dick Grayson be seen weaker since he was Nightwing and then Batman and then Nightwing and then Grayson and Nightwing again? Yet we saw silence in that department.
    Sam wouldn't have to wear that CA suit if the echo chamber and FANS stop taking issues with who gets books.
    For all the crying about POC legacies-at least black ones-wouldn't THIS say use the original name because that in the long run works out.

Black solos run (between the big two)

100+ club
    Panther
    Cage
    50+ club
    Static
    Hardware
    Steel (who replaced Superman)
    Miles Morales (replaced a Peter Parker)
    40+
    Icon
    Batwing
    War Machine (replaced Tony)
    30+
    Falcon (including his CA run)
    Moon Girl
    Black Lightning
    6-20 issue club
    Prowler
    Cray
    Michael Lane (replaced John Paul Valley)
    John Stewart (Hal Jordan)
    Blue Marvel
    Storm
    Riri (gray area as she used the Iron Heart name)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It does pretty well around here. Then again Moon Girl, Supergirl and a bunch of other echo chamber hated books sell okay and sell out at times.

Then shouldn't it have weaken Winter Soldier, War Machine, Ben Riley and others who got new names after taking over for folks?

Shouldn't Dick Grayson be seen weaker since he was Nightwing and then Batman and then Nightwing and then Grayson and Nightwing again? Yet we saw silence in that department.
    Sam wouldn't have to wear that CA suit if the echo chamber and FANS stop taking issues with who gets books.
    For all the crying about POC legacies-at least black ones-wouldn't THIS say use the original name because that in the long run works out.

Black solos run (between the big two)

100+ club
    Panther
    Cage
    50+ club
    Static
    Hardware
    Steel (who replaced Superman)
    Miles Morales (replaced a Peter Parker)
    40+
    Icon
    Batwing
    War Machine (replaced Tony)
    30+
    Falcon (including his CA run)
    Moon Girl
    Black Lightning
    6-20 issue club
    Prowler
    Cray
    Michael Lane (replaced John Paul Valley)
    John Stewart (Hal Jordan)
    Blue Marvel
    Storm
    Riri (gray area as she used the Iron Heart name)
    Winter Solider can't hold a solo either so there is an argument there that it did weaken him. War Machine and Ben Riley both actually started off as a derivative characters and never could stand on their own for very long. So you kind of proved our points without even trying.

The rest of what you said has so many points that are not related to each other that one can not properly talk to you about it without unleashing a truck load of worms.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-16-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don't have high hopes for any new solo projects, at best he'll be a sidekick in the new Cap series. I doubt he'll be brought into the Avengers as a regular. Limbo time again...

Amazing Member

Skyvolt, are you trying to say that the book should've been titled "Sam Wilson"? I don't think the title was why people stayed away. I really think it was the severe pacing issues from the first few issues (1-3 especially) and then word of mouth killed it. Which raises the question, shouldn't an editor have caught that? it also raises questions as to whether the social media crowd that was clamoring for the ongoing really exercises their buying power.

I'll be able to say that I own the entire run of Falcon, which is nice I guess. Unfortunately, I can see Sam and friends disappearing for one or two years before they test the waters again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Supergirl evidently doesn't sell well enough - it's been cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I forgot about the flashbangs.... the suit must come with magic pockets or something, with all the gear he has.
    According to Alex Ross' notes, the suit is Wakandan nanotechnology like the current Panther suit.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern'sLignt2814 View Post
    According to Alex Ross' notes, the suit is Wakandan nanotechnology like the current Panther suit.
    Do you have a link where that is said?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I think somebody mentioned something about Sam running a new SHIELD agency. The idea is intriguing and he can appear in many titles in that capacity.

He also brings a level of integrity that SHIELD has been lacking for some time.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Falcon sighting .

Makes sense for Carol to be there - she wants her boyfriend's armor back! But what are Sam and Peter there for?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I have no qualms about Sam being Steve's partner again, provided Coates is not bringing is Black Panther game to the book.

I am really hoping for a second Avengers title.

Sam, Visiosn, Wanda, Clint, and more need a place to call home.

We've got one, Clint will be appearing in West Coast Avengers. It's a comedic book though. The rest of the roster is Kate Bishop, Quentin Quire, America Chavez, Gwenpool.