Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bird of Prey! The Sam Wilson Appreciation

Oh Snap! The Falcon is back in his very own appreciation thread! Welcome to the aerie!

Default Falcon Appreaction Thread

The King Of Birds. Often deemed a joke and nothing more than a sidekick this thread to is to appreciate the true greatness of the man. Sam Wilson aka The Falcon!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The King Of Birds. Often deemed a joke and nothing more than a sidekick this thread to is to appreciate the true greatness of the man. Sam Wilson aka The Falcon!

To me, this scene is to be featured in the upcoming Captain America Civil War movie. The line is, to me, also great.

So I just finished reading All New Captain America. Only 6 issues, but I did enjoy it. However, what happened in between this title & Captain America Sam Wilson?

Was the reveal of Misty not working for S.H.I.E.L.D just dropped? And what about Hydra infiltrating all the super groups?

Am I missing something here?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I just finished reading All New Captain America. Only 6 issues, but I did enjoy it. However, what happened in between this title & Captain America Sam Wilson?

Was the reveal of Misty not working for S.H.I.E.L.D just dropped? And what about Hydra infiltrating all the super groups?

Am I missing something here?
    When Remender left Marvel pretty much all his plot points were dropped because no one wanted to follow them. Them the 8 month jump was used to explain it all away.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    When Remender left Marvel pretty much all his plot points were dropped because no one wanted to follow them. Them the 8 month jump was used to explain it all away.
    Yeah, as much as I'm loving Spencer on Cap, I'm a little bummed that the Hydra infiltrating every super team plot was abandoned. I'm sure that was lined up to be a major, line-wide event in the ANAD era had Remender stayed but once he left, it seems like it was just quietly let go. That said, there is big Hydra stuff brewing so you never know - some of what Remender set up in that regard might be incorporated into Spencer's plans.

On your left!

and of course my personal favorite

All hail the king!
    The J-man

Falcon (and Mackie) was AWESOME, in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I've always like him in the comics. I'm glad he's finally starting to get his due, hopefully he gets more. He deserves it.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I'm glad he's getting attention too. I noticed that he was always put in the same category as DC's Aqua Man. People wrote him off as useless or a joke because of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
    I'm glad he's getting attention too. I noticed that he was always put in the same category as DC's Aqua Man. People wrote him off as useless or a joke because of his abilities.
    Yeah, and to be honest, that always aggravated me. His abilities are pretty legit, IMO. He could be a real force to be reckoned with, in a recon/stealth role. Being able to see what birds see? For recon and spying, no one would ever expect a bird to be, essentially a mic and camera, also in cities (i.e. New York) it would really be hard for enemies to really escape, what with all the pigeons that can fly around (basically Jabare's pic). Also while fighting using the birds as distractions, etc, etc. He really isn't "lame" at all, it's just some writers seem to not be very imaginative with this ability. Remender seems to be doing okay with him (extremely small sample size right now) from what I've seen of him in Cap's solo, and he's doing pretty good in Mighty Avengers too. Hopefully he continues to get a push due to his successful debut in Cap's sequel.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

If Sam were to get a mini series who would you guys like to see on it? What kind of story would you like to have? I think I'd want a story that mixes his current SHIELD status and his social worker job. Maybe he gets wind of a child smuggling ring out somewhere and he uses his connections to get out to where it is and start shutting it down. The other option would be one discussed in the old thread about Crossbones making moves to become a major playing villian, starting a new Skeleton Crew and coming after Sam.

I want Ewing and Francavilla on it.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-04-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Falcon (and Mackie) was AWESOME, in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I've always like him in the comics. I'm glad he's finally starting to get his due, hopefully he gets more. He deserves it.
    Very well said. I like the Para Rescue concept a lot. And Mackie's quiet moments were terrific. I've liked Falcon since Brubaker's run. Here's hoping we see a bit more of Sam.

And Sam vs. Crossbones would be very good indeed. It would be fun to pick up on that from the film.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy