Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So we got a fantastic Falcon in the movie.

We've got a good/decent Falcon in MA.

We've got an extremely crappy Falcon in the Avengers Assemble cartoon.

As for Mackie, the man just oozes charm, charisma, and swag.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    If he gets any at all. Sorts ticks me off that Falcon his currently in a movie and we have yet to get anything really good with him in the books. To add to that in the one book were he can be predominately featured he hasn't shown up hardly at all. I like Ewing but if the book does turn into Mr. BotB and friends I will start trade waiting it or dropping it altogether.
    I feel you. I've been thoroughly enjoying the book but my main draws were Monica, Sam and Blade. The latter seems to be getting some love but I can't help but hope the other start getting their due soon. Especially since they haven't been main players on a team like this in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    Ewing and Francavilla would be amazing. I think I prefer the Crossbones idea. Not because the other doesn't sound great, but because I feel like the earlier we start getting Sam his own rogues gallery the more likely it is that we'll get more solo stories from him. Which is when I'd run the child smuggling ring story and dig into the difference Sam makes as a social worker.

Gotta say as a lifelong Falcon fan it feels great to see more people starting to realise how great he is.
    So true. I think once he starts getting some of his own rogues it will take away that "sidekick" spotlight so many have put him under.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd like to see Brubaker come back and do a Falcon mini with either David Marquez or Sara Pichelli on art. I love their work on Ultimate Spider-Man.
    I miss Bru so much. He was always one of my favorite writers. The way he had Sam looking after Bucky. <3

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Avengers World 7. Finally a Falcon issue!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21901
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 05-30-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Yay! Looks good and seems like he might get a chance to get some good action scene. I love the way Caselli draws him.

Also:

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-30-2014 at 07:28 PM.

^^^^ What's this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^^ What's this?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53137

Some think it's Sam. And the old guy next to him is Cap without the SS serum so Sam takes over the role(ugh).

Some people seem to think it's Ian, Cap's son from Dimension Z, and his fit seems to be pulling some major Sam vibes. I wonder if he returns and Sam has more of a hand in his training than Steve. Maybe a Piccolo/Gohan type of thing.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-31-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Some think it's Sam. And the old guy next to him is Cap without the SS serumand Sam taking over the role(ugh).

Some people seem to think it's Ian, Cap's son from Dimension Z, and his fit seems to be pulling some major Sam vibes. I wonder if he returns and Sam has more of a hand in his training than Steve. Maybe a Piccolo/Gohan type of thing.
    At 1st glance I thought it was Sam, but than I was like nah they would never do that.

Mighty Member

His wings in the movie looked like something that could actually be made.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So we got a fantastic Falcon in the movie.

We've got a good/decent Falcon in MA.

As for Mackie, the man just oozes charm, charisma, and swag.
    True but he is drawn extremely well in the series (especially as the series progresses). In fact i'm posting in this thread as the Avengers Assemble animated show Season 1 finale shows him in a slightly modified suit that i thought looked impressive (due to the added visor and seemingly more angular wings).

It's the same old story with Falcon ...an excellently designed super hero character with substandard character development that borders on "something more" on occasion. The character deserves better (or to be more precise the fans that like the characters design , background or both deserve better).

That red and white costume with helmet and visor was bad ***.
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-31-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Avengers World 7. Finally a Falcon issue!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21901
    NICE! I'm stoked to see him getting a spotlight issue. I've been rather enjoying Avengers World (the Smasher and Hyperion issues were both stellar reads!), so a Sam spotlight should be brilliant.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

He did save all the avengers tho

At 1st glance I thought it was Sam, but than I was like nah they would never do that.
    I'd hope not. I want Falcon adventures not Sam as Cap.

Some think it's Sam. And the old guy next to him is Cap without the SS serum so Sam takes over the role(ugh).
    Oh, god. Any word on how Cap looses his SSS this time? I swear, he's lost it like a jillion times now, which is funny since it's been stated multiple times to be in his DNA now. But back on track...I think it would be cool if Falc took the mantle, temporarily.

It's possible, since Steve is apparently old and feeble now, he wouldn't really be in a position to train/mentor Ian.

I would like it, if it was like a "Nomad" thing. Where Cap leaves for a while to get his head on straight and asks Sam to take over for him for a little while. But not like this seems to allude to.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    His wings in the movie looked like something that could actually be made.
    Yeah they did. His action scenes were really awesome!

I can see your point. For me it depends on HOW Falc got the Cap mantle.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Incredible Member

Agreed.

Besides...they'd have to temporarily ditch the Falcons awesome red and white suit in exchange for Caps.

Although the idea of a custom red and white and gold cap inspired Falcon costume is intriguing.

How was Sam's A-World issue? I went out of town so I haven't had a chance to hit my shop. Anything of note?