Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1355

No. By the end of his Cap run, he was selling about the same. It does mean the relaunch as Falcon has pretty much failed though. It looks like Sam himself has fallen out of favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. By the end of his Cap run, he was selling about the same. It does mean the relaunch as Falcon has pretty much failed though. It looks like Sam himself has fallen out of favour.
    In the least though, I do think Sam has established himself as a mainstay on the Avengers. So even if he loses his solo book, I think odds are pretty descent he'll end up in one of the Avengers books from now on.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

It's not looking good for Sam, Falcon #2 only sold 17k.
    Yeah, it'll be a win if we get 12 issues. Bucky couldn't really hold a solo post Cap either. Hopefully they keep him fully integrated in Avengers. At least he is getting exposure in other books like Thor.

I enjoyed issue 3 more than issue 2

BANNED

I wouldn't say he's "fallen out of favour." Some characters just struggle to sustain interest in a solo. Not every character can carry a book, even if they're well liked.

This is a really good title, though, and I hope more people will sample it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wouldn't say he's "fallen out of favour." Some characters just struggle to sustain interest in a solo. Not every character can carry a book, even if they're well liked.

This is a really good title, though, and I hope more people will sample it.
    Really, there's maybe half a dozen heroes in all of marvel who can sustain an on-going title indefinitely. It's by no means a knock on Sam that he can't because the vast majority of characters can't. But his stock has definitely risen in marvel... just not necessarily to the point of a Spider-Man or a Hulk or an Iron Man.

I don't want a Marvel future of three solos ft. a trio of white dues and a bunch of team books for other characters. I think Sam will do fine for the most part, but people need to start trusting Marvel again when it comes to their business and comics.

Me, I am enjoying Sam's solo thus far.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

All this downer talk in here has my butt itching.

Who knows what could happen in the next couple of months. This title has been great so far and has real potential of being a big hit if more fans talked about it and it even more fans gave it a chance. If marvel is serious about making Sam a solo star they would give him the Carol Danvers treatment where he gets 3-4 relaunches in spite of sales. To be completely honest I don't even think he would need that many since this current title is really good compared to most of Captain Marvels.

Just have Sam do something or be a part of something really big in his current solo where fans can not ignore it and they will be eating out of his hands for more content.

PS: Can you believe what happen at the end of issue #3!?!?! How is Sam ever going to get out of that!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Reddit has an awards thing going on, so I nominated Patriot for Best New Character. Upvote him!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...n_thread_best/

Astonishing Member

Looks like Sam has another 'interesting' moment within Today's CHAMPIONS #15....!!!

Ultimate Member

No Sam hasn't fallen out of favor.

It's the nasty reality that many love to ignore.

No store has an issue stocking Sam Wilson Captain America and allowing folks the power of choice to read it or not.

Suddenly some stores have an issue with stocking Sam Wilson Falcon and want to take away that power of choice from consumers.

Folks scream they are tired of legacies but when that determines a book with a POC in the lead getting a shelf spot-what is a company to do? What is said is different from what is actually done.

Some characters just struggle to sustain interest in a solo. Not every character can carry a book, even if they're well liked.
    But folks want to play that selective amnesia when it comes to who gets a book. And no matter of success outside comics will matter.

I don't want a Marvel future of three solos ft. a trio of white dues and a bunch of team books for other characters. I think Sam will do fine for the most part, but people need to start trusting Marvel again when it comes to their business and comics.
    As you have seen-folks don't want that.

They want that 4-190 solos for certain white guys and team books.

In reality it doesn't work like that.

A 12 issue Falcon series is not the end of the world-especially if you look big picture. He would still have 42 solo ongoing issues, 2 one shots, 2 minis and 2 leader roles in two team books. And Patriot being showcased in a movie as well.That's better than a lot of guys.

Selling comic books is not the end all. A lot of properties including a talking raccoon found success without comics.

so how has Sam's training of the new Patriot been going so far?

Extraordinary Member

I hope Sam continues to lead the Avengers.

I think it is pretty awesome considering the circumstances on how he joined the team, initially.