Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I really love the cover.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    There's nothing to complain about here. At all.

It's a fun idea that I've always wanted to see done. Hopefully, it catches people's attention and spins out into a Falcon solo when all is said and done.

The very worst case scenario here is that we get some spotlight on Sam. We get some much needed character work on him. I don't care what costume he's wearing. I'm just happy to see him every month, front and center!
    I agree. He's the man who's stuck through with Cap thick-and-thin and now it's time he's handed the spotlight. Of course Rogers will be back, but I want Sam to get some much needed airtime. The fact that they are decorating the Falcon's powers with Cap's shield makes me feel like we're getting Falcon+ not Caplite

The cover! P R A I S E

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    I think the Captain America costume is a little too busy. Or maybe it's the artwork that's a little off? Or maybe both?

I hope Sam taking over as Cap was the right move. Temporary or not, if the readership and the comic book community at large doesn't take well to this gambit, it will be a huge step back for Sam. Hoping for the best.

So are you guys more excited for Remender writing Sam in the pages of All New Cap or Ewing giving our boy more spotlight in Cap A & The Mighty A? I've been becoming a big fan of Ewing lately and Mighty was always the best Avengers book out currently, for me, so him giving Sam the extra panel time that I've been wanting has got me super stoked. Plus, I'm eager for his interactions with Monica and a possible head butting for the leadership role.

I loved this of what Ewing had to say
    I think Sam's going to make a pretty excellent Cap. I already had an idea of him as a kind of James Bond figure -- the world's greatest super-agent -- so giving him the Captain America codename and iconography is just the icing on that particular cake. And I think it's good for Captain America, the concept, too -- much as I love Steve Rogers, the idea of Cap has to be bigger than just one person. If Captain America is the representative of the American Dream, there have to be different people in that uniform. Otherwise what's the point?

I kind of see Captain America as the highest superheroic office in the land, and a role that comes with incredible power and acclaim and quite a lot of responsibility. So it'll be pretty cool seeing Sam taking that on.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54323

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    So are you guys more excited for Remender writing Sam in the pages of All New Cap or Ewing giving our boy more spotlight in Cap A & The Mighty A? I've been becoming a big fan of Ewing lately and Mighty was always the best Avengers book out currently, for me, so him giving Sam the extra panel time that I've been wanting has got me super stoked. Plus, I'm eager for his interactions with Monica and a possible head butting for the leadership role.

I'm right there with you Psy! Ewing has pretty much ignored Sam for most of Mighty so it will be good to finally see the his take on Sam in full effect. Ewing also seems to hold the character in pretty high regard when he talks about him to the press so I have little fear that Sam isn't in the right hands.

It feels good to be a Falcon fan right now. I hope whatever is coming Sams way in these next few months are big, long lasting, and great for the character!

Fantastic Member

I'm looking forward to reading both, but I lean more to Remenders book. I think that's where most of the developing of Sam is going to occur.

He'll share the spotlight with Steve and Nomad, but not an entire team like he potentially will within the pages of Mighty.

I think Ewing's Sam is going to have more "rise above" moments while Rem's is going to get dragged through the mud. He will eventually come out on top but RR loves to have his characters go through the worst possible scenarios for quite awhile before any type of happiness.

I also wonder if he will be joining Uncanny Avengers when the team shifts around. Mighty, UA and a Solo? All they need to do is make him a mutant again and have him lead the X-men and Sam will be the GOAT.

BANNED

I'm really hoping that Ewing's Sam heavily focuses on why the hero community respects and can rely on Sam, despite his power set. If readers who have never followed Sam see that their are actual reasons why this character "works" and can be a force to be reckoned with they will gradually change their narrow minded thinking. Best way to do that is have already respect heroes give Sam his deserved props.

I'm hoping that everywhere Steve Rogers showed up as Cap Sam does as well. There is little to know reason he shouldn't. (except maybe Invaders) Sure over exposure can be annoying but Sam has been in the corner for years now, it well past time for this bird to fly. If Steve was there why not Sam? Main reason I want this is because the more eyes that can see Sam in action the better the chances of him being a prominent character after his stint with Cap is done. Also on the off chance that it doesn't work out at least Falcon fans can have a host of recent stories to look back on instead of the scraps we have now.

Win Win for us!

BANNED

Because this thread needs more art.

BANNED

And more Sam kicking butt.

And being amazing

And being dreamy

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I got really lucky. I came back to comics because of The Blue Marvel. It just so happens that BM wound up in Mighty Avengers. The biggest and best stroke of luck, however, was Ewing. I could not have asked for a better writer. I am very much looking forward to CAMA and Sam's portrayal of Captain America as Ewing envisions him.

BANNED

Speaking of which comics Sam is going to be in...do you guys think it would be interesting to see how Sam would fair in New Avengers among marvels Illuminati? I know this will never happen but lets pretend this is a "What if Universe" for a second.

Sam may be Steve's best friend but he is a very different person than Steve and see's things in a different way. Do you think he would have made the same choice as Steve in the beginning of Hickmans run on the title? If not how do you think he would deal and handle things that are going on now? Also what would you think if he was brought in only after he became Captain America? Do you think he would stay on the team and possibly destroy a world?

Just something that was bouncing around my head this morning and thought it would be fun to hear others opinion on the matter.

BANNED

Found this scan of Falcon kicking 60's(or 50's) super powered Cap's Ass! only to get hit from behind by bucky

Who need's super powers when you this bad A?