Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1355
  1. #61
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Poor Falcon. He was great in Brubaker's run. Now Remender's reduced him to a statutory rapist. As a fan of the character I don't know what to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Yeah to me it was. Im really off and on when it comes to Cap's series.
    spoilers:
    Falcon and Jet Zola got pretty close in this issue if anyone was wondering
    end of spoilers
    But Jet Zola is fourteen.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  2. #62
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ugh. I so don't want that lol.

    And yeah, I realized who the Ascendants were after a couple of days after I posted that and I read that issue. Still, I think they may not be everything they seem(as it usually is in comics) and we still get some action from them.
    I'm with you. I love Sam as the Falcon, and not really wanting this. I don't care if they replace Cap, it's happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

  3. #63
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Poor Falcon. He was great in Brubaker's run. Now Remender's reduced him to a statutory rapist. As a fan of the character I don't know what to say.



    But Jet Zola is fourteen.
    No she isn't. She's in her early 20's. Marvel.com lists her as an "adult female" on her profile page. In fact, it's the FIRST SENTENCE. People are just blatantly ignoring all that so that they can bash Remender. Look I'm not Remender's biggest fan either (still not letting that fridging Sharon Carter thing go Rick), but this is such a false outrage that it's laughable.

  4. #64
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Yeah to me it was. Im really off and on when it comes to Cap's series.
    spoilers:
    Falcon and Jet Zola got pretty close in this issue if anyone was wondering
    end of spoilers
    I have to say that there's something deliciously ironic about that, given who her father is.

  5. #65
    Mighty Member tg1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Poor Falcon. He was great in Brubaker's run. Now Remender's reduced him to a statutory rapist. As a fan of the character I don't know what to say.



    But Jet Zola is fourteen.
    Dude, it's in the same issue, on THE SAME PAGE, she is at least 23 years old. She even says it for crying out loud. Talking about the last time she had wine was her 23rd birthday. Seriously, people need to READ the comic before they spout out stuff like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I have to say that there's something deliciously ironic about that, given who her father is.
    Truth. LOL.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

  6. #66
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Dude, it's in the same issue, on THE SAME PAGE, she is at least 23 years old. She even says it for crying out loud. Talking about the last time she had wine was her 23rd birthday. Seriously, people need to READ the comic before they spout out stuff like this.
    Ever hear of lying about your age?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  7. #67
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Ever hear of lying about your age?
    Did you actually read the issue or are you just going off of what other people(who haven't read the issue) said?

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    262

    Default

    "Let's dip into a couple of questions from the CBR Community before heading out into the long weekend -- Fred Nunez asks, " With the success of 'Captain America: The Winter Solder' in theaters have you guys had any discussions about The Falcon? Maybe in a new limited solo series (to test the waters) or a return of 'Captain America and The Falcon' as an ongoing series?"

    Alonso: Rest assured, we have big plans for the Falcon, Fred."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53856

    In case anybody missed it. Here comes Captain Falcon!

  9. #69
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Did you actually read the issue or are you just going off of what other people(who haven't read the issue) said?
    I think this is what's happening with a lot of the fan outrage. I'm not a big Remender fan, and find most of his work to grossly exaggerated as far as the quality is concerned, but everyone just loves to jump head first into outrage over the silliest of things.

  10. #70
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    "Let's dip into a couple of questions from the CBR Community before heading out into the long weekend -- Fred Nunez asks, " With the success of 'Captain America: The Winter Solder' in theaters have you guys had any discussions about The Falcon? Maybe in a new limited solo series (to test the waters) or a return of 'Captain America and The Falcon' as an ongoing series?"

    Alonso: Rest assured, we have big plans for the Falcon, Fred."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53856

    In case anybody missed it. Here comes Captain Falcon!
    :''''''(


    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I think this is what's happening with a lot of the fan outrage. I'm not a big Remender fan, and find most of his work to grossly exaggerated as far as the quality is concerned, but everyone just loves to jump head first into outrage over the silliest of things.
    I don't mind Rem as much but I do get why some don't like his work but this is just one of those things that's like, dude, come on. Folks are just waiting on an excuse to tear into him and the nerve of them to try and take Sam with him. HISS

  11. #71
    Incredible Member Harpoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Poor Falcon. He was great in Brubaker's run. Now Remender's reduced him to a statutory rapist. As a fan of the character I don't know what to say.



    But Jet Zola is fourteen.

    Do you enjoy letting others do your thinking for you, or...?

  12. #72
    Mighty Member tg1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Ever hear of lying about your age?
    Seriously? That's what your going to go with? Remender wrote her lying about her age?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Did you actually read the issue or are you just going off of what other people(who haven't read the issue) said?
    That's the problem isn't it? One person either gets it wrong, or blatantly lies about something and a bunch of "morally righteous" sheeple all gather up and cry "OUTRAGE" without knowing what the hell is going on. It's happened to video games, other comics, etc. etc. This is just another footnote in the "great" history of internet idiocy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I think this is what's happening with a lot of the fan outrage. I'm not a big Remender fan, and find most of his work to grossly exaggerated as far as the quality is concerned, but everyone just loves to jump head first into outrage over the silliest of things.
    Recently speaking, it was his Uncanny Avengers (here on the forums), he was a "racist" "evil" etc, etc. Now in Captain America, he "supports" statutory rape. If people don't like Remender's writing, then fine, everyone has that right, but to just blatantly IGNORE what is right there on the SAME PAGE, as the "incident" is just plain stupid, IMO.


    And now, on a Falcon Appreciation page, we're talking about this, instead of our appreciation for Falcon, and the possibly HUGE development in his near future, of maybe becoming the next Captain America. Or the incredible portrayal of him by Anthony Mackie, or any of a number of other things related to him...so in that vain...

    I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of Sam being Captain America. On one side it would be cool, he's definitely worthy of a push to get popularity, just as much as Captain Marvel's current push and Sam being Cap would certainly do just that, IMO.

    However as a Captain America fan for most my life, I can only see one person as Captain America, and that is obviously Steve Rogers, when looking at the track record of all Caps, only Steve has been successful at it, Isaiah Bradley - went to jail, and suffers horribly with what is basically Alzheimers. William Naslund - Died. William Burnside - went crazy, then died. Bucky - was tried for his crimes as Winter Soldier, then got his arm ripped off and a whole blasted through his chest. John Walker - suffered the death of his family, then went a little crazy. Thankfully Bucky and John were able to have "life" after Cap with successful careers as Winter Soldier and USAgent respectively. But it shows that unless you're Steve Rogers, the chances of it ending good seems to be really low. Also we all know that it'll be temporary, with in the span of a few months (a year at most, IMO) Steve will be back as Cap anyways. So whatever stories one would have for FalCap could just be Falcon.

    Also why not just push Sam as Falcon? Do a mini or two, with good stories by a good creative team, test the waters a little. No disrespect to Iron Patriot or his fans but if he can get an ongoing, then surely Falcon is deserving as well?

    Regardless, if/when Sam becomes the new Cap, I will read it and hope for the best.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

  13. #73
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post

    However as a Captain America fan for most my life, I can only see one person as Captain America, and that is obviously Steve Rogers, when looking at the track record of all Caps, only Steve has been successful at it, Isaiah Bradley - went to jail, and suffers horribly with what is basically Alzheimers. William Naslund - Died. William Burnside - went crazy, then died. Bucky - was tried for his crimes as Winter Soldier, then got his arm ripped off and a whole blasted through his chest. John Walker - suffered the death of his family, then went a little crazy. Thankfully Bucky and John were able to have "life" after Cap with successful careers as Winter Soldier and USAgent respectively. But it shows that unless you're Steve Rogers, the chances of it ending good seems to be really low. Also we all know that it'll be temporary, with in the span of a few months (a year at most, IMO) Steve will be back as Cap anyways. So whatever stories one would have for FalCap could just be Falcon.

    Also why not just push Sam as Falcon? Do a mini or two, with good stories by a good creative team, test the waters a little. No disrespect to Iron Patriot or his fans but if he can get an ongoing, then surely Falcon is deserving as well?

    Regardless, if/when Sam becomes the new Cap, I will read it and hope for the best.
    Agreed. If it happens I'll definitely support and read it. It might even be good but I've been wanting a Falcon mini for awhile. I'm honestly shocked that he didn't get one around the time of Cap 2.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-14-2014 at 08:11 AM.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If it happens, I hope it'll be a minor plot point that they move on from quickly. We've had Sam as a replacement Cap before. Sam really needs to be built up as The Falcon, not the amazing substitute guy.

    I couldn't agree more. While I realize that taking on the role of Captain America is more about upholding a mantle than filling a predecessor's shoes, Sam needs to be his own man and continue to build his own brand and legacy.

  15. #75
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Would I rather have a Falcon mini/solo? Yes. However, with the current state of the character I don't and can't honestly say that putting Sam in the Captain America position is a bad idea.

    The main issues the character faces from the willfully ignorant is that "He only flies what's special about that?" or " He talks to birds, lame." or " He's only Caps sidekick" and so on. They take a quick look at the character put him in a box and refuse to see anything that doesn't fit their preconceived notion of him. If handled correctly Sam holding the Cap mantel will show that their is a reason he has never been a true sidekick of Steve but a equal partner. It could be a way to define and reinforce what makes the character great in terms of personality, his cunning, his skill, leadership/tactical capabilities, and several other aspects of the character that get glossed over. As long as Marvel doesn't muck it up Sam as Cap could be a great opportunity that he never would/could have gotten as Falcon due to fans otherwise not giving him a chance and choosing only to see the exterior.

    So to sum up my opinion....Sam Wilson a.k.a The Falcon as Captain America for a limited time? Bring it on !
    Last edited by Trident; 07-10-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •