Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They should have just gone with the movie costume. This one is an eye sore.

I would be more upset, if I expected the change to Cap was meant to be long term.

Let's see if all.the Falcon fans who thought would sell great without the name change are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Is he still seeing Misty? I hope that continues.
    I think Secret Empire revealed they broke up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They should have just gone with the movie costume. This one is an eye sore.

I would be more upset, if I expected the change to Cap was meant to be long term.

Let's see if all.the Falcon fans who thought would sell great without the name change are right.
    I'm hoping the costume looks better under another artist, or that they redesign it quickly.

I never expected Sam to be Cap forever anymore than I expected Bucky to be Cap forever so I'm not upset he's going back to being Falcon. His time as Cap will always be a huge milestone in his history, though.

And yes, the sales on Falcon should be illuminating. So many fans insisted that they would've supported Marvel giving Falcon his own book but they just could support him as Cap. The release of this Falcon solo will tell an interesting tale in regards to showing if people really want a minority character to be built up "the right way" as many said they wanted Marvel to do and are just waiting for their chance to support it or whether they really don't give a sh*t and were just put out that the mantle of a white hero got co-opted.

My bet is on the latter but it'd be nice if it were the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Secret Empire revealed they broke up
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

The Golden Age of the Falcon starts now! Don't know about you guys but the new gear is pretty slick.

#givebacktheshield , cooler without it.
    Oooooh I had missed this. I kind of hate the costume lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I really grew to love Sam during his time as Cap, and I think its a shame if he does go back to being Falcon. Mostly because it feels like a step-back in my opinion, a 'demotion' if you will. If they wanted him to stop being Cap then thats fine, been expecting it for ages really, but could they not give him a new name? I also think its a shame because there already is a new Falcon in the form of Joaquin Torres. I know they could have him still use the name too, but Marvel seem to have only just started pushing him in the outer MU (Thanks to SE and his involvement with the Champions) so unless his directly involved with this title, I think it will only hurt his character.

That said I will pick up the book, as I love Sam no matter what he has on and I admit... I do really like the costume on the cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The thing I find a shame about Sam going back to Falcon is it felt like he never really got to shine as Captain America in his own solo. He had a great introduction under Remender but after Spencer took over, it was essentially just Sam getting put through the ringer with the world beating him down. The Captain Hydra storyline definitely didn't help matters since Steve just sabotaged him from behind the scenes so we never got a true feel of how the MU could handle two Captain Americas which is honestly a shame as there could have been some good story to be told there.
    Pretty much agree with both of these points. I had grown to love him as Cap and while I was expecting him to leave the moniker eventually I figure he'd go by a new name since Joaquin is running around as Falcon now. Forge a new path and identity with everything he had learned under both names and take it to a new level. Nonetheless I'm excited for more Sam in whatever capacity. He's had some great moments the last few years and I'm hoping it continues.

Or maybe he'll have an Invincible Iron Man thing going on where it's one name on the cover but different in the book.

is Sam going to be angstly now? that attitude change usually accompanies the darker attire. I think that I'd rather see him lead (or be co-leader) of a team; w/ a brighter outlook. maybe this means that the newest version of Falcon doesn't make it out of Secret Empire.

I've just noticed that version of the new costume in the circle looks different from the full-body shot of it...

maybe it has a night-mode

is Sam going to be angstly now? that attitude change usually accompanies the darker attire. I think that I'd rather see him lead (or be co-leader) of a team; w/ a brighter outlook. maybe this means that the newest version of Falcon doesn't make it out of Secret Empire.
    I think what happened to Rage would've already done that damage to him! The Falcon mantle will just get shared. His own reasoning when he kept the Captain America name (Steve told him to) but asked Steve to resume it too was "there are two Spider-Mans". His feelings there won't have changed. There's at least half a dozen other shared codenames right now (Iron Man - Tony Stark AI and Doctor Doom; Wasp - Janet van Dyne and Nadia Pym; Beast and Iceman - adults and time-displaced teens; Nova - Richard Rider and Sam Alexander; Hulk - Jennifer Walters and Amadeus Cho; Thor - Jane Foster, Odinson, and Volstagg; Hawkeye - Clint Barton and Kate Bishop).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think what happened to Rage would've already done that damage to him! The Falcon mantle will just get shared. His own reasoning when he kept the Captain America name (Steve told him to) but asked Steve to resume it too was "there are two Spider-Mans". His feelings there won't have changed. There's at least half a dozen other shared codenames right now (Iron Man - Tony Stark AI and Doctor Doom; Wasp - Janet van Dyne and Nadia Pym; Beast and Iceman - adults and time-displaced teens; Nova - Richard Rider and Sam Alexander; Hulk - Jennifer Walters and Amadeus Cho; Thor - Jane Foster, Odinson, and Volstagg; Hawkeye - Clint Barton and Kate Bishop).
    I was kind of expecting Legacy to do away w/ some of that. but you could definitely be right.

Astonishing Member

I was kind of expecting Legacy to do away w/ some of that. but you could definitely be right.
    .....And Today's SECRET EMPIRE #5 gives another strong moment for Sam; along within revealing more on the 'success' (and the Traitor) of the mission to obtain the Cosmic Cube Fragments......

The new costume sorta feels like it is missing something....

Not sure what exactly but it needs something.

Either way I will give this a shot. Falcon is such an underrated character and I'm personally happy to see him return to his roots inspite of his outstanding run as Captain America.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-28-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Sam and Misty gonna look even cuter fighting crime with the same color schemes.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Black and Red is always a nice combo

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Maybe Misty's the one who designed it. His and hers uniforms!