Page 70 of 91 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1355

I like the idea that he gets in close the uses the combination of his martial arts training and then mixes in the blades on his wings for tougher foes. A lot of people are seem to be thinking "Flyers must have a ranged attack" which is fine but I don't think its vital to the character. Sam is more of scrapper who happens to flies not a blaster. I think the talon rope thing he had in issue one is a good addition for potential long range attacks but I would rather not see him go much beyond that personally.

Its is a epic visual when a Flier has to move in on his prey and then just destroys him with his skill. To me it is so much cooler then seeing him hang back and blast some bolts IMO. Don't get me wrong Sam with the shield was cool but the idea that he doesn't need one is cooler to me.

Sam is literally claimed as the BEST Aerial Combatant in the Marvel universe. Someone needs to bring that back into the for front!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    No ever thinks characters like Nightwing, Red Hood, Catwoman, Hawkeye, or several other martial artsist need a boost either.

Sams a bad ass as is. I want writers to continue to show and prove that then giving a character a crutch who doesn't need one.
    Clint has a crutch. His aim is beyond natural. He's the mightiest marksman. If Sam had that rep, he wouldn't need powers either. As it is, Sam is as scary as Sharon Carter; without his wings. Zemo out fought him; while holding a conversation. Did anyone think that USAgent wasn't going to beat him around like a small child.

Cat woman doesn't need powers because her adversaries don't have them. Sam would still lose to Catwoman, Red Hood, and Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Clint has a crutch. His aim is beyond natural. He's the mightiest marksman. If Sam had that rep, he wouldn't need powers either. As it is, Sam is as scary as Sharon Carter; without his wings. Zemo out fought him; while holding a conversation. Did anyone think that USAgent wasn't going to beat him around like a small child.

Cat woman doesn't need powers because her adversaries don't have them. Sam would still lose to Catwoman, Red Hood, and Nightwing.
    Again, way back in the early days of Avengers Sam was said to be the greatest Aerial combatant by both Carol Danvers and Ironman. That is his nitch. Giving him superpowers or other gimmicks will not make up for bad writing. It also will not automatically make him win brawler fan matches. It takes good writing for that. All giving him more abilities will do is prove that he could not do it/be cool without them. And Sam is very cool.

Here is a question why are people posting in Falcon appreciation thread who don't appreciate him?

Also, why does it seem like Falcon is always facing some ridicule for having the same abilities a hundred other characters have? (probably bad writing but dang)

Edit: Also, Catwoman has faced both Cheetah and Gorilla Grood and came out with a win. So bad info on your part.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Don't get me wrong: just because I often imagine what Sam would be like with enhancements, or a mythical deity in his ancestry, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate him for what he is. If it helps any, I'm not a fan of Nightwing (Robin), the Hood, Hawkeye, Green Arrow, Captain America, Batman, Punisher, and on and on and on. I do like Sam, though. (Aside: I wonder if fans of Nightwing, the Hood, etc., also like Sam? Is he embraced by that niche?)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Don't get me wrong: just because I often imagine what Sam would be like with enhancements, or a mythical deity in his ancestry, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate him for what he is. If it helps any, I'm not a fan of Nightwing (Robin), the Hood, Hawkeye, Green Arrow, Captain America, Batman, Punisher, and on and on and on. I do like Sam, though. (Aside: I wonder if fans of Nightwing, the Hood, etc., also like Sam? Is he embraced by that niche?)
    That's an interesting question. I think fans of more down to earth heroes could like Sam. It's just that it's only recently that he's stepped beyond the shadow of being Cap's partner and sometimes Avenger.

Again, way back in the early days of Avengers Sam was said to be the greatest Aerial combatant by both Carol Danvers and Ironman. That is his nitch. Giving him superpowers or other gimmicks will not make up for bad writing. It also will not automatically make him win brawler fan matches. It takes good writing for that. All giving him more abilities will do is prove that he could not do it/be cool without them. And Sam is very cool.

Here is a question why are people posting in Falcon appreciation thread who don't appreciate him?

Also, why does it seem like Falcon is always facing some ridicule for having the same abilities a hundred other characters have? (probably bad writing but dang)

Edit: Also, Catwoman has faced both Cheetah and Gorilla Grood and came out with a win. So bad info on your part.
    You accuse me of not being a fan of Sam and expect me to discuss with you?

Ultimate Member

Because no one ridicules Superman, Supergirl, Superboy, Shazam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman or various guys of a certain skin tone who share the same abilities and powers.

Funny this question always comes up with one certain skin tone to demean that skin tone of heroes.

It does not matter if Sam has the same power set or skill as someone else-it still comes down to HOW they use those powers.

Falcon uses his birds to see where he can't.

Raptor (GI JOE guy) if he had those powers-he would use them to attack people.

How many times has Sam done that? At least once that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You accuse me of not being a fan of Sam and expect me to discuss with you?
    On the contrary, I never said you weren't a fan. I am saying that your dialog of the character is that of someone who is not here to apperciate Sam.

You can have issue with a character and still show admiration sure. But to flat ot disparage said character while also downplaying core concepts of that character is not what is sought out in a thread meant to uplift said character.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-05-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Im a fan of most those characters and I like Sam. I'm a new fan though, I used to think he was really lame. Spencers Falcap book won me over

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Can we skip ahead to issue #3, please? (I'm suddenly wishing that the Falcon was a Netflix series that I could watch all in one afternoon.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Falcon front and center.

Extraordinary Member

I like the idea that he gets in close the uses the combination of his martial arts training and then mixes in the blades on his wings for tougher foes. A lot of people are seem to be thinking "Flyers must have a ranged attack" which is fine but I don't think its vital to the character. Sam is more of scrapper who happens to flies not a blaster. I think the talon rope thing he had in issue one is a good addition for potential long range attacks but I would rather not see him go much beyond that personally.

Its is a epic visual when a Flier has to move in on his prey and then just destroys him with his skill. To me it is so much cooler then seeing him hang back and blast some bolts IMO. Don't get me wrong Sam with the shield was cool but the idea that he doesn't need one is cooler to me.

Sam is literally claimed as the BEST Aerial Combatant in the Marvel universe. Someone needs to bring that back into the for front!
    I love how that is evident in the MCU films.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I love how that is evident in the MCU films.
    Exactly! In the movie Sam is performing incredibly spectacular maneuverers that are insanely dangerous as if it was nothing at all. People often point out the guns when he fights but the true skill is the way he weaves in and out of danger/combat. Strategically taking out his foes through wit and skill. It is something that was taken directly from the old comics that the Falcon appeared in. He is the best Aerial Combatant in the Marvel Universe and he should be written as such.

Below is just a compilation of movie Flight flight skills:

Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-08-2017 at 08:23 PM.

This second video is to give an idea of how dangerous the stuff he is actually doing.

To add this stuff isn't even done with a propulsion system in play. That alone adds more danger and the need to think quicker.

Now really consider how brave, epic, and to a degree how stupid it is for a normal guy to base his whole fighting style around this type of combat. He would have to be a master aerialist to even attempt it on a regular bases. The man would have to have nerves of steel and balls of titanium. He is doing this stuff while keeping up with a Man who is the physical embodiment of human perfection.

Never missing a beat, never complaining about being at a disadvantage, and always making it look easy! Sam doesn't need more powers he needs a writer who appreciates that a Normal African American Man is out here in the Marvel Universe performing the most dangerous sport on earth like its nothing more than riding a bike. While kicking ass no less! He also needs real fans who see's that, backs him up, and appreciates him for it.

2 cents in the bucket. Im D.O.N.E !
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-08-2017 at 06:41 PM.

D-Man's found a new book to appear in - Lockjaw.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...ith-villa-feb/