Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1355

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    "more than usual."

what's this from?

where is Falcon's new home base? Does he have a high tech headquarters? Is he a SHIELD agent? Where does he get his money/equipment from?

That's from when he was Captain America. He was actually estranged from SHIELD, and had a helpline as a way of making money. That base was just his apartment in New York. As for his equipment, well, the tech originates from Black Panther, and according to Spectacular Spider-Man, a heroic version of the Tinkerer called the Mason does maintenance. And that Mason guy is good at what he does, considering Teresa Parker, Spidey's sister, has obtained her own set of Falcon wings.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    "more than usual."

This supports my point...

Bought the first issue of Falcon 2017-18.
    I am surprised and amused that they went with the Gang War storyline again. It is practically a beat-for-beat of the four part issue from the 80s. I guess it is a way to reintroduce Patriot.

His new costume is pretty cool. Not sure why it is all black though.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam was out of place to be quite frank. I suspect the writer got caught out by the Iron Nail storyline in Cap's solo and had to alter the scripts to replace Cap. He doesn't even get seen joining the team, he's just suddenly part of it - the solicit said he was to join in issue 13, but the Invaders didn't even appear in that issue!

Worth reading for Namor and Jim Hammond though, and there's two new female heroes introduced in the second half of the run that haven't appeared since - Iron Cross and Radiance (yes, they're from the Axis countries!).

By the way, All-New Invaders actually ended when Secret Wars started, so it started three years ago, not one.
    Thanks for the info! Still might pick it up the title looked interesting.

3 years? Really? Dang time does fly.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So how is the new Falcon book so far? Good I hope?
    The first two issues have been outstanding in my opinion! I'm loving the way Sam is being used and the mix the writer has with using the new things about Sam ,in terms of character development, tools, story beats, and skills, while mixing them with old elements that were used in pervious Falcon stories.

I also think it's a good jumping on point if your new to the character. This is starting out to be the type of book that will create Falcon fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Bought the first issue of Falcon 2017-18.
    I am surprised and amused that they went with the Gang War storyline again. It is practically a beat-for-beat of the four part issue from the 80s. I guess it is a way to reintroduce Patriot.

His new costume is pretty cool. Not sure why it is all black though.
    I really think the writer/Marvel did a call back to the Gang War type story line to reintroduce what Sam is all about. While Steve as Captain America is more or less about espionage, fighting terrorist, and dealing with struggles the nation faces and then dealing with Spider-Man/neighbor hood threats second. Sam plight in life is to deal with Spider-man threats( bank robbers, crime lords, and Spidy type super villains) and dealing with Cap stuff second. Not because he can't handle the Cap stuff but because his heart is more linked to it due to his upbringing.

Sam wants to be the hero of the underdog, he wants to be the local name, and he wants to be the person the people can count on when all the Avengers are off in space. Sam knows he could be there with the Avengers anytime he wants but he also knows that often times the little guy gets forgotten the the big super hero mix. Which is why I am incredibly happy that Sam is now based in Chicago. Talk about a city the superhuman community has forgotten. It needs a protector and Sam is just the man to step in. He can deal with the crime there while be an inspiration to the community. That town needs both.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Going back to Sam undergoing some form of additional training.......

What if the Rodney Barnes expanded the use of the Falcon's hook claw? Here's what I'm thinking:

The claw has been one of Sam's staple tools ever since he first started out as the Falcon so it would be a natural progression of his skill if he possibly used it like a Kyoketsu-Shoge. He could train with Shang or someone new to learn the skill and then master it if need be. However, I think it's a weapon set that could really work with Sam overall skill/power set.

What do you guys think?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

why not? lots of stuff could be cool- if the writer(s) take the time to think outside the box.
    So many more black male characters could have been created in the 1980s, but it never happened. It sucks, in retrospect. Things just stalled until the 90s.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Cover for issue #6

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

Cover for issue #6
    Is Sam hooking up with both Thor and Misty at the same time? The man lives dangerously.

Yep. That's been the case for some time. Jane's book had a scene involving sexting. In Avengers, Sam is the only one who knows Jane's real identity. Legacy #1 - by Thor's solo writer, remember, actually showed Jane and Sam having sex in the background after a fight. Ironheart was with them, in the next room, sulking because of that and her own failure to remember the Avengers Assemble line. But Sam's solo has always shown Misty as his girlfriend, and not used Jane. He's a two-timer. Planned, or editorial fowl-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yep. That's been the case for some time. Jane's book had a scene involving sexting. In Avengers, Sam is the only one who knows Jane's real identity. Legacy #1 - by Thor's solo writer, remember, actually showed Jane and Sam having sex in the background after a fight. Ironheart was with them, in the next room, sulking because of that and her own failure to remember the Avengers Assemble line. But Sam's solo has always shown Misty as his girlfriend, and not used Jane. He's a two-timer. Planned, or editorial fowl-up?
    screw it. Let a black hero guy have some James Bond-player status for a while. Heck, even in Luke Cage's case, everything was off-camera "implied" (post-Bendis, who originated this retcon) instead of actually shown.
    I just hope to god that nobody ends up planning some "Iron Fist vs. Falcon" confrontation to "set things right!" (groan....)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    screw it. Let a black hero guy have some James Bond-player status for a while. Heck, even in Luke Cage's case, everything was off-camera "implied" (post-Bendis, who originated this retcon) instead of actually shown.
    I just hope to god that nobody ends up planning some "Iron Fist vs. Falcon" confrontation to "set things right!" (groan....)
    Well, you have to be careful not to play into the stereotype. I'm fine with it as long as Sam is up front with both women and they're fine with it. Sam should not be portrayed as a deceitful "player," or late night creeper. It's a bad look. And please don't make him a baby daddy before he's put a ring on the woman's finger. Let's bring back some old school values.

I sorta think the Jane/Misty thing is a editorial foul-up more so than Sam is intentionally dating two women at the same time.

That or there is a time difference and/or gap where Sam is dating either women.

Invincible Member

Yeah, I was under the impression from other comics that although Jane made a pass at Sam, they were just friends now.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well you could say Sam is having casual hook ups with no strings.