Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1355

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just finished reading the latest issue of The Falcon today. This issue actually got me more turned on by the idea of Sam and Misty being an item. Still don't think they are a perfect match but I can feel the ground work being laid, with this writer, of it actually seeming like a Marvel classic match up.

I'm also really liking Patriot in this. Initially I was more or less apathetic to him, only grabbing the book for Sam. But the balance that is being played between both characters has me truly interested in him now.

One thing I hope we get down the road is a issue where the writer goes over both Falcon's and Patriot's suits/weapons/gadgets . It would be cool to see what all they have in their personal arsenals. Sam, for instance, seems to have several wires and nets that spring from no where. I'm assuming he has some sorta of wrist gauntlets that let him fire the nets or wires but it would be cool for to have some clarification.

Overall, I am still loving this series! Can't wait to see the Blade team up!
    He also seems to have some flash bangs. On top of that his suit seems to be bulletproof

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern'sLignt2814 View Post
    He also seems to have some flash bangs. On top of that his suit seems to be bulletproof
    I forgot about the flashbangs.... the suit must come with magic pockets or something, with all the gear he has.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah - there's no utility belt, unlike when he was Captain America. So where does he keep his stuff?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Sad to see Sam's latest series come to an end. Hopefully he'll land another title soon.

I actually just had a crazy thought about Sam - let me float it out here and see if anyone finds it intriguing or completely ridiculous: Sam Wilson: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is bound to come back eventually and having Sam take the lead might be a way to make his title feel more vital to the MU than just being Falcon and taking on street level threats.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The issues have been okay but I don't want Sam dwelling in the Supernatural world for too long.
    I was in favor of Sam having a supernatural origin to begin with as a facet of Horus, so I certainly can see him battling demons and such. But you're right: only in moderation. I am happy that they're at least trying to explore different avenues with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Sad to see Sam's latest series come to an end. Hopefully he'll land another title soon.

I actually just had a crazy thought about Sam - let me float it out here and see if anyone finds it intriguing or completely ridiculous: Sam Wilson: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is bound to come back eventually and having Sam take the lead might be a way to make his title feel more vital to the MU than just being Falcon and taking on street level threats.
    Now that we know the Cold War isn't really over in the real world, it wouldn't hurt to convert to more spy and espionage tales featuring Sam. But just don't call him "Uncle Sam" for his SHIELD codename.

Yeah, Russia just made an enemy of the UK, the Cold War is indeed back on. A lot of possible stories not doable since 1991 just went back onto the table.

Patriot doesn't have his own appreciation thread, but he will survive Falcon's cancellation - here's his design for Marvel Rising:

"Rayshaun Lucas aka Patriot voiced by Kamil McFadden (K.C. Undercover, Grown Ups 2) – a natural born leader who is quick to leap into action to impress his colleagues at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rayshaun strives to live up to Captain America’s legacy with integrity, honesty, and order above all. His skills include heightened strength, speed, stamina, and durability."
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Live up to Captain America's legacy? Are they talking about Sam or Steve?

I skipped Civil War 2 but.....Patriot doesn't have any powers does he?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Live up to Captain America's legacy? Are they talking about Sam or Steve?
    All of them. Or at least it should be. Captain America is more so now a mantel/tradition so it is respect to all of them.

-----

As to the possible cancellation, I am super happy that we managed to get Sam as the Falcon in the amount of issue that we did. I have my fingers crossed that Marvel will give him another chance. And to do my part I am going to continue to send emails about how I have enjoyed the series and for his return. Been in the letter pages of titles at least 5-6 times now in the 1-2 years I have been writing so someone has to be reading what I'm throwing out.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

All of them. Or at least it should be. Captain America is more so now a mantel/tradition so it is respect to all of them.
    It just occurred to me that this is for the animation, which means that the general public will see this as Steve's legacy. Or did Sam become Captain America in a cartoon episode that I missed?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

On one hand, that makes perfect sense MU wise. Sam's worked for SHIELD in the past, and even Ult Sam Wilson was a SHIELD inventor and agent.

On the other hand, I'm starting to get a little tired of everyone being so connected to SHIELD. I'd be cool with him being a part time agent though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    On one hand, that makes perfect sense MU wise. Sam's worked for SHIELD in the past, and even Ult Sam Wilson was a SHIELD inventor and agent.

On the other hand, I'm starting to get a little tired of everyone being so connected to SHIELD. I'd be cool with him being a part time agent though.
    I don't think Sam would ever really work for SHIELD unless he was forced into it in some kind of way. His character from creation has always been "Respect authority but always be suspicious of it." he's the guy who will support the police/government/etc but be the first in line to call them out on their BS.

I could see Sam forming his own Spy Network or performing his own rogue missions. However, I couldn't seem him flat out join SHIELD unless his arms were tied and he had little choice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It just occurred to me that this is for the animation, which means that the general public will see this as Steve's legacy. Or did Sam become Captain America in a cartoon episode that I missed?
    Well if you go to the toy isle-they do have Sam as Captain America figures and that is a statute.

I will assume we will be seeing Sam in that suit in other media-especially gaming as we all know someone has to do DLC skins.

I skipped Civil War 2 but.....Patriot doesn't have any powers does he?
    Not in the comics, but looks like Marvel Rising's version will have Steve's powers.

And Patriot didn't exist in Civil War II, Rayshaun Lucas took up the mantle in Secret Empire.

Extraordinary Member

I do hope Sam eventually returns to Steve's book, as his partner. I am also hoping a second Avengers book gets released by next year.

I am appreciative of the run of stories Sam has been featured in the last few years.