Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Hot damn thats a nice suit

I wanna see the wings in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    He still has his wings He still has his affinity with birds. Him being Cap is a completely cosmetic change, Sam Wilson is Falcon at the core. That's still intact.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd all be for the push with his own ID just like many others but this is happening. We gotta roll with it, find some positive and be happy one of our favorite characters is getting the time to shine. We are fans of Sam. Falcon is a name. He could change his name to The Flying Finger and I wouldn't honestly care. I'm in it for Sam. And honestly when was the last time Sam was being discussed this much on such a large platform.

That said, the new interview RR gave was FANTASTIC. I loved everything he said about Sam and I'm even more excited
    what interview with Rick Remender? Where?

Mr. Priest, you are avenged! (sort of... it'd be great if Marvel reached out to him to write)

I'm slapping folks if they start coming out with dumb shorthand names like "Sap" (Sam+Cap) or "Fap" (Falcon+Cap) >

I haven’t read any of Mr. Remender’s issues. I hope that Sam is allowed to be heroic during his tenure as Cap. To me it would come across as extremely tacky if he were ushered into a string of “Sam screws it up” scenarios, if only to pave the way for “the triumphant return of the one, true Captain America” in Steve. Also, it would be great if there were a visit to Isaiah Bradley along the way. 8)

Has it been established whether he’s using the photonic wings or the tactile wings? Considering he’s using the shield, it would seem that the photonic wings would allow him more use of his arms.
    Hopefully this will last long enough for some more writers and artists to do many stories.

And he should be leading the Avengers.

Addendum: I'd love to see an update of Flags of Our Fathers, with Sam and T'Challa this time.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The costume isn't as good imo
    I agree. It's going to take a minute for that costume to grow on me. In fact, I'm already missing his classic look and I haven't even read his first comic as Cap yet. (Picks up pencil and art pad and starts to sketch.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-18-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMackie/st...271937/photo/1

Anthony Mackie has something to show you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree. It's going to take a minute for that costume to grow on me. In fact, I'm already missing his classic look and I haven't even read his first comic as Cap yet. (Picks up pencil and art pad and starts to sketch.)

I remember Priest wrote a letter to marvel when this issue came out (before he was working at Marvel)... it was pretty interesting.. they published it circa Marvel Premiere #52-54..

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I remember Priest wrote a letter to marvel when this issue came out (before he was working at Marvel)... it was pretty interesting.. they published it circa Marvel Premiere #52-54..
    Yes, I remember it. In fact, I can vaguely recall another fan taking Marvel to task for Sam's costume back then...something to the effect that no man -- African American or otherwise -- is going to wear Foghorn Leghorn feet as boots. For those of you who miss the scathing implication there, Foghorn Leghorn is a WB cartoon character that was an oversized chicken. The author went on to say that giving Sam a red and white costume must have been a subliminal homage to Colonel Sanders and Kentucky Fried Chicken. (For those who don't know, KFC's banner colors are red and white.) Safe to say, Sam couldn't catch a break.

Fortunately, the present day writers are at least trying to move him in the right direction. Not every plot is going to work, but at least they're trying. Sam as Cap isn't original, but maybe by the time that tale is told everyone will have a much improved appreciation for Sam Wilson?

While we wait for the Captain Falcon America issues to drop, I'm going to sit back in my hammock with my iced chai tea and daydream about Sam becoming a member of the Hand; or being awarded the Quantum Bands and becoming the universe's new cosmic protector; or finding out that he's the lost brother of the god Osiris; or his jetpack going haywire and sending him to the upper reaches of Earth's atmosphere where he is exposed to cosmic rays and gains powers attributed to the 5th element (as the ancient Greeks believed that life was comprised of earth, air, fire, water and aether).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    He still has his wings He still has his affinity with birds. Him being Cap is a completely cosmetic change, Sam Wilson is Falcon at the core. That's still intact.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd all be for the push with his own ID just like many others but this is happening. We gotta roll with it, find some positive and be happy one of our favorite characters is getting the time to shine. We are fans of Sam. Falcon is a name. He could change his name to The Flying Finger and I wouldn't honestly care. I'm in it for Sam. And honestly when was the last time Sam was being discussed this much on such a large platform.

That said, the new interview RR gave was FANTASTIC. I loved everything he said about Sam and I'm even more excited
    Quoted for truth, especially the bold!

I'm not even going to really bother with the nay sayers and the possible race haters cause I am way to excited as to what this development might bring for Sam. Besides that, one of the coolest things that really got me interested and then invested in the character is that when you really get to know and understand him, Sam Wilson really wins you over. His personality is just hard not to like. There is no doubt in my mind that if written correctly there will be several people who thought they would never be interested in the Falcon will be and not only that they will be asking for more of him.

But in the mean time my 3-4 day victory dance is in fully swing:

Last edited by Trident; 07-22-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

http://www.newsarama.com/21624-tom-b...ibly-easy.html

New interview. Redwing is still in the game.
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 07-21-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    In case anybody missed Remender interview with CBR:
    There never was a "Snap" Wilson. "Snap" Wilson was a construct of the Red Skull. He was an attempt to defame Sam. So Sam has a very personal grudge against the Red Skull.
    LOL I have that Captain America & Falcon issue that has Red Skull explaining that. Has that run ever been reprinted in color aside from the Marvel Essentials series?

And guess what I got...........

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/marv...inter-soldier/

Even though its unfinished this is my favorite shot of Falcon as cap so far.

Where'd you find that? That's not Pacheco or Immonen doing the art, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Where'd you find that? That's not Pacheco or Immonen doing the art, is it?
    No its preview art for Uncanny Avengers 23 drawn by Sanford Greene i believe.

Ah, all right, that makes sense. Thanks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/21624-tom-b...ibly-easy.html

New interview. Redwing is still in the game.
    Great Interview!

Really excited about this part:
    Brevoort: Yes, the wings will be integrated into the costume. They will be able to pop out and retract. It doesn’t make any sense in the world for a flying superhero, for example, to stop flying when he takes on the job. He’ll continue to have wings, so Cap will be flying. And his bird Redwing will certainly be around as much as he has been before. But what that also means is that Sam-as-Cap will have a wider range of abilities; beyond Redwing, Sam has the ability to see through the eyes of other birds so that gives him quite the advantage Steve never had. Sam has a whole new set of talents to draw and learn with as he carries the shield. And speaking of the shield itself, while at first he certainly won’t be as good as Steve was in handling it, he will be combining what he can do with what Steve did to maybe have some new tricks.

Yeah, that interview was wonderful. I am sooooo pumped for this development now. The more I hear the more interested I get.

Last edited by Psycwave; 07-23-2014 at 08:29 AM.