Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that they have the same motives at all. Maestro is still the Hulk and desires to be the strongest one there is. My point is that Worldbreaker level is something he should have mastered along with knowing how to use some of Hulk's lesser known abilities offensively. He was the one that told Banner that he didn't know anything about what they could do. I have yet to see Maestro exhibit something Hulk can not normally do.
    Exactly.

Thanos wants to either to please Death and/or kill for the sake of omnicide alone.

The Maestro motives are quite different. He wants a challenge, to prove he's the Strongest there is and the Smartest there is. He wants more than to rule one world or one universe. He wants more, he desires more, and he'll let nothing stand in his way.

Problem is none of the writers have done anything with him yet. The Maestro has the power and intellect to be a Thanos level elite villain at bare minimum. He should be the most powerful, intelligent and dangerous Hulk in existence. A conqueror of worlds and universes, a true Multiversal threat.

The Maestro should be portrayed as an Elite Villain of the utmost power and intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Exactly.

Thanos wants to either to please Death and/or kill for the sake of omnicide alone.

The Maestro motives are quite different. He wants a challenge, to prove he's the Strongest there is and the Smartest there is. He wants more than to rule one world or one universe. He wants more, he desires more, and he'll let nothing stand in his way.

Problem is none of the writers have done anything with him yet. The Maestro has the power and intellect to be a Thanos level elite villain at bare minimum. He should be the most powerful, intelligent and dangerous Hulk in existence. A conqueror of worlds and universes, a true Multiversal threat.

The Maestro should be portrayed as an Elite Villain of the utmost power and intellect.
    Exactly my friend!!! And he should have the cunning ability, intelligence and raw power to do it. He's supposed to be the best that a crazy complete Hulk can offer.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I love that first Future Imperfect story. Maestro was just... Epic and that Trophy Room is just a blast to scan over with a fine tooth comb.

However that said, I also think Maestro peaked in that book. Villains like that shouldn't be over used. Having an all power villain that the only way to defeat is combination of brawn and guile is awesome to read... Having that same villain get tricked and manipulated a dozen or so times... It seriously has diminishing returns. I've found guys like Carnage, Bane, Doomsday and Thanos to be downright DULL now because they're all threat no action anymore.

I really don't want Maestro to become that. Leave him on the shelf with all his glorious trophies and admire his awesomeness... but don't run him into the ground...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that they have the same motives at all. Maestro is still the Hulk and desires to be the strongest one there is. My point is that Worldbreaker level is something he should have mastered along with knowing how to use some of Hulk's lesser known abilities offensively. He was the one that told Banner that he didn't know anything about what they could do. I have yet to see Maestro exhibit something Hulk can not normally do.
    I know you weren't. You seem to miss my point.

In general terms of motivation, Maestro lacks any. He loved his status qou and generally would have puttered around the rest of his life, if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I love that first Future Imperfect story. Maestro was just... Epic and that Trophy Room is just a blast to scan over with a fine tooth comb.

However that said, I also think Maestro peaked in that book. Villains like that shouldn't be over used. Having an all power villain that the only way to defeat is combination of brawn and guile is awesome to read... Having that same villain get tricked and manipulated a dozen or so times... It seriously has diminishing returns. I've found guys like Carnage, Bane, Doomsday and Thanos to be downright DULL now because they're all threat no action anymore.

I really don't want Maestro to become that. Leave him on the shelf with all his glorious trophies and admire his awesomeness... but don't run him into the ground...
    Peter David is the one that had Maestro make the claim to Bruce Banner that they did not know anything about their power in a story after Future Imperfect. To say he peaked is your own words. If you consider that Maestro ist supposed to be a possible future Hulk that has mastered his abilities, then factor in what Hulk did when reaching Worldbreaker level, then it's safe to say Maestro should know something about it.

Your fears about how to use a villain are your own. Any character's showings are limited to the creative team. Look at early recurring foes like Magneto and Doctor Doom. I'm not suggesting a costarring roll in the Book, just a powerful foe that lives up to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I know you weren't. You seem to miss my point.

In general terms of motivation, Maestro lacks any. He loved his status qou and generally would have puttered around the rest of his life, if he could.
    I addressed all your points except Maestro's rule because I never made any claim about his rule in Dystopia in his timeline. As far as Maestro's motivation, it has to do with lack of trust towards those he deemed as friends turning on him.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Well seems like the Maestro is gone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well seems like the Maestro is gone
    I am not surprised with that tbh , Brisson has been jobbing powerful characters for quite a while now in his OML comics and that not includes Maestro(who has been stabbed previous by OML) but Gorgon as well .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am not surprised with that tbh , Brisson has been jobbing powerful characters for quite a while now in his OML comics and that not includes Maestro(who has been stabbed previous by OML) but Gorgon as well .
    Kinda funny when in the same month, he's shown surviving yet another beheading.

Not surprised since the original series forgot the healing factor as well.

But hey, it's a story.

Chalk it up to unreliable narrator. Logan's old and senile and there's nobody to back up his version of events

Ultimate Member

Which Maestro is this, anyways?

IIRC, the one from Contest of Champions was different from the original one, buried under rubble in PAD's era. This Maestro has/had access to his own time travel platform, so he wouldn't be either of those two, in theory.

BANNED

Good point This would allow the character to reappear in the pages of any marvel comic again.