Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Just wanted you guys to know that I have a poll up right now on which you would want more, a Cho Hulk book or a Maestro book? I'd be interested in hearing all of your thoughts. It's right here:

http://community.comicbookresources....Cho-or-Maestro
    I did. And it's sad and insulting that more are voting for Cho than Maestro. Then again, most of those who voted probably aren't Hulk fans. At least with Maestro he is Banner. And that's not taking in the infinite potential Maestro possesses as a character.

I'd gladly take a Maestro series, with PAD or Greg Pak at the helm, over a Amadeus Cho series every single time.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I did. And it's sad and insulting that more are voting for Cho than Maestro. Then again, most of those who voted probably aren't Hulk fans. At least with Maestro he is Banner. And that's not taking in the infinite potential Maestro possesses as a character.

I'd gladly take a Maestro series, with PAD or Greg Pak at the helm, over a Amadeus Cho series every single time.
    Absolutely agreed!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

Sad and insulting how? Maestro is a power mad sadist/rapist. So yeah, gimmie Cho over that any day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sad and insulting how? Maestro is a power mad sadist/rapist. So yeah, gimmie Cho over that any day
    Sad & insulting that so many would choose an obnoxious, arrogant, hormone-driven asian genius teen over a classic, powerful, interesting creation of Peter David's.

So what that Maestro is sadistic? Most great villains/antagonists are! Doesn't stop writers from telling good stories about them. Maestro also never raped anyone. He simply has a large harem of women who serve him, much like the rest of those who reside in Dystopia.

Ultimate Member

Sad & insulting that so many would choose an obnoxious, arrogant, hormone-driven asian genius teen over a classic, powerful, interesting creation of Peter David's.

So what that Maestro is sadistic? Most great villains/antagonists are! Doesn't stop writers from telling good stories about them. Maestro also never raped anyone. He simply has a large harem of women who serve him, much like the rest of those who reside in Dystopia.
    We very clearly see him pressure a father into giving up his daughter for his harem, and he has Bruce raped/sexually assaulted prior to that.

Cho at least is a different take on the Hulk concept, a supporting cast member who thinks he can control the beast/monster inside of him. Watching him screw up is half the fun.

Maestro is the monster Bruce never wanted to be, with little actual designs beyond ruling and sex.

This looks interesting:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...e/1100-156399/

Seeing these two fight it out should prove to be entertaining. I also want to know more about the Maestro's feelings regarding Banner and the Hulk Gang from the Wastelands. I really don't think he will have very high expectations. More Maestro is always a good thing.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This looks interesting:

http://comicvine.gamaestro hulk.jpgmespot.com/articles/old-man-logan-takes-on-future-hulk-as-new-creative/1100-156399/

Seeing these two fight it out should prove to be entertaining. I also want to know more about the Maestro's feelings regarding Banner and the Hulk Gang from the Wastelands. I really don't think he will have very high expectations. More Maestro is always a good thing.
    maestro hulk.jpg

This storyline seems very interesting. Maestro went to the future of Old Man Logan, and he’s disappointed by the fact that Wasteland Banner and the Hulk Gang didn’t take over the world the way Maestro did, by himself, in Future Imperfect. So Maestro recruits the surviving members of the Hulk Gang and brings them to the present day. Hopefully, Maestro stays in the present day after this storyline.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This looks interesting:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...e/1100-156399/

I'm not really all that impressed or excited about this. In fact, this is a major step back for the Maestro in my honest opinion. He has the power and intellect to be on par with villains like Thanos and Dr. Doom... and he's slugging it out with Old Man Logan? Seriously?!

It's a complete waste of an awesome, powerful, interesting character. I mean, hell, Wolverine is way out of his league against Hulk period. So what the hell is OML supposed to do against a version of Hulk as powerful and formidable as the Maestro? Get rag-dolled and ripped in half?

Honestly, the creativity and imagination at Marvel is so severely lacking these days it's not even close to being funny. It's sad and pathetic. I can honestly see the meeting at Marvel, as to how to get Old Man Logan & Maestro to meet, going down like this:

Axel: Hey, let's have Old Man Logan slug it out with Old Man Hulk! Wouldn't that be cool, guys?

*Everyone in the room nods their heads like total idiots and sheep*
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 03-15-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I got to admit, I don't like to see Maestro being used outside of conflicts with his past self, I feel that it cheapens him.

I would like to see him go against Skaar, since Skaar face down and completely evil version of his father would be an interesting conflict, but that's not going to happen anytime sooning

I would like to see Maestro battle against Skaar, but only if Skaar has his connection to the Old-Power and still has his hulk powers. I don't think Skaar can match Maestro in terms of strength, but I think his Old-Powers would help to even the odds somewhat.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

He fought in the Contest of Champions and for the future, but now he's headed back to school or an academy in this case: https://news.marvel.com/games/66107/...ngers-academy/
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 05-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.

What are differences between Maestro and Hulk? Is Maestro just a future (older, bald) version?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What are differences between Maestro and Hulk? Is Maestro just a future (older, bald) version?
    Maestro is older, but he's also much, MUCH stronger than the modern Hulk.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Maestro is older, but he's also much, MUCH stronger than the modern Hulk.
    Not to mention vastly more intelligent. Easily on par with, or perhaps in some instances, more intelligent than Banner who is among the Top 5 smartest beings in Marvel.

BANNED

Am I the only one not impressed by the Maestro's current storyline in Old Man Logan? I mean, the art is solid, but it's nothing major.

It just feels like a MAJOR step down for such a powerful villain. In the right hands, Maestro could be a villain on par with Thanos in might and Doctor Doom in intellect, but it seems like Marvel and their writers, executives and editors have not a clue as to how to utilize him.

I mean, in games and other formats, he's a powerful Thanos-level villain who conquers planets and universes/timelines, annihilating villains and heroes alike for the sake of power, conquest and a challenge. This how the Maestro should be portrayed in the comics, and he should be an ultimate antagonist for Bruce Banner/Hulk and the Marvel Universe... not gathering an inbred Hulk gang and ragdolling an old man version of Wolverine.