Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Not really. First off, the original Future Imperfect came before the original Age of Apocalypse and second the Maestro wasn't supposed to be an alternate universe version of the Hulk so much as a future version
    I don't know what coming before age of apocalypse has to do with anything? It is an alternate version of 616 character represented as evil. That's Dark Beast in a nutshell. I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm just saying it's the same idea, just involving Hulk.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    I don't know what coming before age of apocalypse has to do with anything? It is an alternate version of 616 character represented as evil. That's Dark Beast in a nutshell. I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm just saying it's the same idea, just involving Hulk.
    Well I mentioned which came first because you said:

"So...it's a new Dark Beast to Blue Beast..?"

But the main difference is the second thing I mentioned that the Maestro is a future version (about a hundred years or so) of the Hulk. The Maestro didn't grow up in some alternate timeline where everything was different, he lived through everything (or almost everything) as our Hulk did. A recurring plotline in PADs Hulk run after Future Imperfect was Banners fear of turning into the Maestro.
    The Maestro isn't what the Hulk could be in a different universe, he's what our Hulk could become in the future.

If you want an X-Men analogy than Maestro/Hulk is more like Old Man Logan/Wolverine
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I think he's not just going to be a major Hulk villain. I believe he will be the next major Marvel Universe villain. Someone who has the power & intellect to take on and take down guys on par with Thanos & Dr. Doom. We need some more powerful and intelligent villains. The Maestro definitely fits into the category, as he's got what it takes to be the biggest & baddest there is.

I could definitely see him as a high-end threat to the Hulk, the Avengers, and all the heroes & villains of the Marvel Universe. It would be most welcome if that is what is to come. After all, they did state Maestro would play a major role during and post Secret Wars.
    World War Hulk/World Breaker Hulk was as close to the Maestro in terms of pure power and cunning. Doc Greene was almost the Maestro in smarts.

I worry what would happen if they were used together.

BANNED

I wonder what the Maestro would be like if he had the Hulk's Warbound with him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I wonder what the Maestro would be like if he had the Hulk's Warbound with him ?
    Probably not the Maestro.
    I don't think Hulk became the Maestro by having any friends left

BANNED

i never read the original Future Imperfect, I just picked up part one off ebay for $5 bucks. I'll give it a shot. If the character is sticking around I'd like to know about him. Talkie Toaster, I appreciate the info on him.

No worries
    Let me know what you think of it when you read it. Personally it's one of my favorite Hulk stories of all times.

Also, little known easter egg: The very first spread page of FI is also a Where is Waldo picture

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    World War Hulk/World Breaker Hulk was as close to the Maestro in terms of pure power and cunning. Doc Greene was almost the Maestro in smarts.

I worry what would happen if they were used together.
    When I think of Maestro, I generally think of him as being this way: having the strength and rage and fury of WWH along with the intelligence and cunning of Doc Green. I like that Maestro has accepted his evil/sinister side and that he embraces violence/carnage. He truly is a dangerous character that has tons of potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    When I think of Maestro, I generally think of him as being this way: having the strength and rage and fury of WWH along with the intelligence and cunning of Doc Green. I like that Maestro has accepted his evil/sinister side and that he embraces violence/carnage. He truly is a dangerous character that has tons of potential.
    He was never shown as strong as the Green Scar. Maestro was able to make a mockery of the Merged Hulk who he is an evolution of but he's never shown the real incredible and raw feats of strength the more primal personalities like the Green Scar or the Savage have shown.

In large part he's weaker because he doesn't care about anyone or anything enough to get as angry as the modern day Hulk can. Where the Maestro's edge really lies is his intelligence, experience, and total lack of any morals to hinder him.

I'm honestly apprehensive about Maestro being anything other than a Hulk villain in the long term as I don't want to see him used to put over the newest flavor-of-the-month. His ultimate conflict should always be with his past self as that is where the real impact is. (I much preferred the idea of him being a sort of gamma ghost haunting, Hulk to bad nobody ever followed up on that.)

Also I really don't want the Maestro to be the Hulk of the Marvel Universe for any real stretch of time. I already feel like I haven't seen the real Hulk in half a decade at this point, I really don't want to go for even longer. Besides I honestly don't buy a reality where Maestro is running around active and hasn't reduced the world to Dystopia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    He was never shown as strong as the Green Scar. Maestro was able to make a mockery of the Merged Hulk who he is an evolution of but he's never shown the real incredible and raw feats of strength the more primal personalities like the Green Scar or the Savage have shown.

In large part he's weaker because he doesn't care about anyone or anything enough to get as angry as the modern day Hulk can. Where the Maestro's edge really lies is his intelligence, experience, and total lack of any morals to hinder him.
    That is mainly due to his very few appearances. And if you bring up Maestro's supposed death at the end, remember that at that particular time PAD wrote all powerhouses (whether it be Hulk, Thor, or Superman) to be more grounded. I mean, even in early appearances the Hulk has tanked Gamma Bomb/Nuclear Weapons at point blank range and has done so to this day. He was more concerned with telling a great story than anything else.

Nonetheless, in terms of power, he should be pretty damn close to Green Scar/WWH. I mean, he nearly and effortlessly beat Professor/Merged Hulk to death with a few blows in their last confrontation in Future Imperfect and toyed with him in their first encounter as if the Professor were comparable to a street-level or mid-tier character. It may not sound impressive, but considering that Professor Hulk fought against the likes of Thor & fully-powered Juggernaut head-on without trouble, it most definitely is.

Plus, Maestro easily withstood Genis-Vell's most powerful assaults, who needed Spidey 2099's aid just so they could both manage to survive. And as it was shown/stated in the recent Spider-man 2099 issues, the relics in the Maestro's trophy room (which contained Thor's hammer, Surfer shattered board, Dr. Strange's cloak, Dr. Doom's mask, and other assorted pieces from heroes & villains of the MU) were those who went up against the Maestro directly and he killed them off. It's not surprising.

He definitely has the power and the intellect to accomplish taking out anyone who dares to oppose him. What I believe Marvel & PAD intend to do is not only make the Maestro a Hulk only villain, but ascend him to the elite/highest villain ranks alongside Thanos & Dr. Doom. After all, in the upcoming Future Imperfect series, Maestro is determined to overthrow the omnipotent Doom and become the new God of Battleworld.

Only a very few select beings have the power and knowledge to achieve this. And Maestro is definitely one of those few who can. I certainly have no problem with Maestro being elevated in status. We certainly need more diverse, powerful, interesting villains that can be on the same level as Doom & Thanos.

And it's quite obvious that the Maestro not only has the potential, but the power & intellect as well.

We can still have our heroic Hulk.

But we can also have an alternate reality/universe Hulk who isn't heroic.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'd like to see two separate Hulk titles. We can have one that focuses on the heroic 616-Universe Hulk. And we can have a second title that focuses on the Maestro that's written by PAD.

I honestly want the Maestro to be the next big villain. For the Hulk, for the Avengers, and for the Marvel Universe. It's time for a change.

Would it be so bad if the Maestro is that change?
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 05-30-2015 at 02:01 PM.

I'm honestly apprehensive about Maestro being anything other than a Hulk villain in the long term as I don't want to see him used to put over the newest flavor-of-the-month. His ultimate conflict should always be with his past self as that is where the real impact is. (I much preferred the idea of him being a sort of gamma ghost haunting, Hulk to bad nobody ever followed up on that.)

Also I really don't want the Maestro to be the Hulk of the Marvel Universe for any real stretch of time. I already feel like I haven't seen the real Hulk in half a decade at this point, I really don't want to go for even longer. Besides I honestly don't buy a reality where Maestro is running around active and hasn't reduced the world to Dystopia.
    IIRC the Maestro starts at 200 ton strength and grows from there. While I agree worlbreaker hulk to be stronger still, the Maestro is easyly far stronger than any other hulks besides that one. And that's just considering his strength and not his intellect.

P.S.

If written correctly the Maestro could be one great marvel villain able to challange a whole team of avengers alone

Im new to the Maestro but so far Im very interested. I picked up the Incredible Hulk DVD Rom collection that contains every Hulk issue from 1962 up to Planet Hulk (the story that finally made me love the Hulk). Time to start reading Peter Davids classic run.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

I wonder if there would be a cumulative events leading up to the Maestro or a single one. Id say Betty dying but we have already been there.

BANNED

I don't understand this AT ALL. In Future Imperfect it is always explained that The Maestro is vastly stronger than the Hulk in that story.