Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Supposedly Maestro was a lot stronger than the Hulk because he had spent a century or so soaking up radiation in a post-apocalyptic world
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

BANNED

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-08-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Just read the original Future Imperfect. (It's on Marvel Unlimited if that helps anyone). I found it very dark and a bit disturbing: but really well written by David, and drawn by Perez. It's easy to see how meeting the Maestro: one possible future version of himself would disturb the Hulk for years. Great story IMO.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Supposedly Maestro was a lot stronger than the Hulk because he had spent a century or so soaking up radiation in a post-apocalyptic world
    I know so why do people try to say The Maestro is not super strong? I don't understand it like the quote I quotes earlier Talkie.

BANNED

So... who wants to talk about Future Imperfect #1?

I thought it was a solid start, even if I wished it was longer or double-sized as the issue left me wanting more. It was pretty much what one would expect from Peter David. Excellent dialogue/story, interesting characters and setting, and the art was pretty good overall (though I will admit that Greg Land wasn't my first choice). I feel bad for the Thing, Ruby, Janis and the rebels... they're not gonna last long against the Maestro.

I expect Ben to put up a fight in the next issue, but against someone as powerful and ruthless as the Maestro? He's not gonna last... unless he's not really Grimm and is actually some very powerful being or maybe he'll get angry and become a Hulked-Out No-Thing like in Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks. Even then, against someone like the Maestro, he'd still be a major underdog.

The Maestro could have easily killed Ruby and the rebels in this issue. But that's not his style. Even with far more formidable threats, the Maestro prefers to toy with them. Look at how he toyed with Professor Hulk in their first encounter before effortlessly snapping his neck (and be at mind that Professor/Merged Hulk fought and even defeated the likes of fully-powered Juggernaut, Thor, and Power Gem Drax head-on) and then nearly killed the Professor with a few blows in their 2nd encounter.

I have a feeling that's what Maestro will do to Ben Grimm in the next issue. He'll let Thing get some shots in, let him think he's winning. If only to amuse himself, as there are very few who can actually challenge the Maestro directly. Then, once Thing has given his best and the Maestro becomes bored, he'll simply dismantle his opponent effortlessly. It fits his style.

That's one of the most appealing things about the Maestro as a character, besides his power & intelligence. He can be charming & charismatic at one moment... then ruthless and extraordinarily brutal the next. You can be charmed by him and yet feel fearful/on-edge while in his presence.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Maestro- Contest of Champions

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

I wonder if Maestro knows about Greenland or about the Wastelands where there are other Hulks. It would be awesome if he turned them into an army and used them against the other territories and the Thor Corps.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I wonder if Maestro knows about Greenland or about the Wastelands where there are other Hulks. It would be awesome if he turned them into an army and used them against the other territories and the Thor Corps.
    I'm more than willing to bet he knows almost everything about Battleworld and its inhabitants. I would not be surprised if he would utilize the Hulks of Greenland to make an unstoppable, raging army under his command. I'm almost counting on it.

BANNED

September 2015 Maestro/Future Imperfect Solicitations

FUTURE IMPERFECT #5

PETER DAVID (w) • GREG LAND (a/C)

ARE YOU A GOD?

• With all things conquered and every foe crushed, MAESTRO attempts the only challenge left: “Deicide” the killing of a god!

• Finally... MAESTRO VERSUS DOOM …

• But will there be anything left of BATTLEWORLD to rule?