Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

I have been reading the previous Waid run and the current Hulk's runs and right now i'm on issue #9. Here Doc Green was dreaming and in his dream he looked exactly like Maestro. When he woke he even went so far as to decide to shave his mohawk because he wants to grow a beard. Maybe this information is generally known but is Doc Green and Maestro the same person?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

As the story progresses it becomes clear Maestro is what Doc Green could turn into if he doesn't reign in his arrogance and pragmatism.

Niffleheim

Thanks for responding. I love the idea of Doc Green and i wouldn't mind Doc Green turning into Maestro i'm enjoying Duggan's writing on Hulk it's like i'm reading Superior Spider-Man all over again (I miss SprOck)
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-26-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I have been reading the previous Waid run and the current Hulk's runs and right now i'm on issue #9. Here Doc Green was dreaming and in his dream he looked exactly like Maestro. When he woke he even went so far as to decide to shave his mohawk because he wants to grow a beard. Maybe this information is generally known but is Doc Green and Maestro the same person?
    Might I make a friendly suggestion.

Forget Mark Waid's meh/boring/mediocre tenure and Gerry Duggan's fairly average Omega Hulk. You want some great Hulk comics? Read anything written by Peter David, Greg Pak, and Bill Mantlo. I'll even recommend some TPB or HC volumes if you like.

And while Doc Green had the potential (a potential that was greatly wasted by the writer in my opinion), he greatly lacked everything that made Maestro... well, the Maestro. The power, the intellect, the cold & ruthless personality, the lust for ultimate power and conquest, everything.

The Maestro desired and often seeks a challenge, going after the most powerful beings and seeking ultimate conquest (as shown in PAD's graphic novel Incredible Hulk: What Savage Beast and PAD's current Secret Wars: Future Imperfect series) Doc Green is no Maestro, not even remotely close to that level.

For example:

The Maestro wouldn't need any cure (or any ridiculous and totally unneeded aid from Deadpool) to take out any of the Hulks. He has the power to slaughter any of the Hulks in direct combat with his bare hands if he desired. It should be made known that the Maestro easily toyed with Professor Hulk in their first encounter during PAD's classic Future Imperfect before snapping his neck and nearly killing him with a few blows in their second altercation. Be at mind that this is the same Professor Hulk who fought and even defeated/stalemated the likes of fully-powered Juggernaut, Thor, and Power Gem Drax in direct combat.

And the Maestro possesses far superior intellect, intellect that would allow him to easily outsmart any of the Hulks and rival/surpass even the smartest beings in the MU. Now, if you would add in his frightening power and lack of mercy/morality, it isn't hard to see why Maestro ended up killing all the heroes & villains of his reality/universe and eliminating all opposing threats.

So, at first, Doc Green may have had a minor inkling of potential to become the Maestro. But as the story progressed, it was quite clear he was nowhere near the level of power & intellect of the Maestro, nor did he possess any of the character traits of the Baron of Dystopia.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-26-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I'd say the main reason why Doc Green isn't the Maestro is because Doc Green was still at odds with Banner.
    The Maestro has the old merged Hulk personality, there's no more multiple personality syndrome, he's of one mind. We saw proof of that again in the first issue.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

BANNED

Al Ewing: Outlaw, Guillotine, the Cystalcatraz, Joe Fixit, Sentry, Maestro...can we talk about the Maestro? There are a couple of characters we’re bringing in who I won’t mention yet, but they’re going to really surprise people, in a good way. The Devil Hydrasaur bit looks awesome. There’s a bit in my head to start off issue #2 with a character who hasn’t been seen in a while, and that’s going to look fantastic. Plus, for what may be the first time in Marvel’s long history, we visit the dangerous, forbidden realm of excitement known as Yorkshire. It’s a fun time had by all.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24796/...#ixzz3eaz7fyQV

Cosmic Maestro's Feats/Accomplishments:

"Have you seen Galactus' face, Summoner? I have ripped off his mask myself!"

"I killed the Phoenix Five in one timeline... and the Phoenix Corps in another."

"I have defeated a school of X-Men. A world of Avengers. A galaxy of Guardians."

"Once, I even hunted a Celestial."
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 07-19-2015 at 11:48 PM.

This book sounds fun
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I’m hoping to see Maestro become a major villain after Secret Wars.
    What_If_Vol_2_80.jpg

BANNED

BANNED

The Maestro is front and center on the cover of "All-New, All-Different" Marvel Point One.

Thoughts?

And is it me, or does the sphere around him seem to be similar to the Star Sphere that Galactus utilizes to traverse the universe/multiverse/omniverse in search of planets?

BANNED

Here's the preview for Future Imperfect #3!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comi...-3-1692682/#13

COME AT THE MAESTRO, YOU BEST NOT MISS!!!

• THE THING captured?

• LAYLA MILLER knows stuff... like how to infiltrate MAESTRO'S keep!

• But can RUBY SUMMERS and her rebels trust Layla at all?

I love seeing more of the Maestro and think he is the perfect combination of brains and brawn, with a nice pinch of brutality that really spices things up. I like that he is being written by Al Ewing who I think does a great job in capturing the charisma of the characters he writes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

CBR: EWING'S "CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS" PITS HERO AGAINST HERO IN BATTLES TO THE DEATH

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-to-the-death

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I 1st like to say Hello and Greeting to all the Maestro Fans and to GreenScar1990, Nice to meet you all and talk on his thread fro the 1st time!

I know very little about Maestro, but that did not keep me from reading his serious from the Secret War Event and so Far I am Greatly Enjoying the reading Future Imperfect. From the deception he made on the rebels, to his monolgoue about the pains of ruling just to fake us out with a sudden laugh at it all, to his fight with his Worlds thing, to his plan to go ALL THE WAY in Taking down Demi-God Doom, Indeed it is interesting to Read this story and how well it has painted his world and ambitions in ruling More!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!