Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I wonder if Contest of Champions will pick up on the cliffhanger from Spider-Man 2099.

BANNED

A curiosity that I think it should be remembered is that while the stories of "Nu-Defenders" comics of the Fantastic Four was told that "in reality" the Maestro was not the Hulk / Bruce Banner but the "Hulk Jr / Robert Bruce Banner Junior "of Earth-807128.

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-jr/4005-58485/

Hulk Jr. is the son of the Incredible Hulk from an alternate reality. He was raised as his own by the Hooded Man (Wolverine from the Old Man Logan storyline).

Hulk Jr. is a brilliant scientist like his father and the protege of Mr. Fantastic. But things were bleak in this reality, Earth was dying and so were it's people. Under the command of the Invisible Woman, Hulk Jr. was able to construct a time machine to send himself and the New Defenders back in time in order to create a better time machine with resources from the past. Then with that energy they could take the remaining six billion suffering people of their planet back to the past as well.

Before they could go back, Galactus came to Earth. Hulk Jr. and the New Defenders attacked and subdued Galactus, though with great loss of life, and brought Galactus back to the past with them to power their time machine.

Once in the past, Hulk Jr. set up his machine and the New Defenders captured the Human Torch and Doctor Doom to help power the machine. The Fantastic Four intervened and reprogrammed the device, sending all the refugees to an artificial planet known as Nu-World. Hulk Jr. and the New Defenders went with them to be the super heroes of that world.

Right after the team changed their name to the Fantastic Force, they were attacked by what Hulk Jr. believed to be his mother. He left with her and found out that she was his mother (only what he didn't know was that she was driven insane by becoming the Harpy and was from an alternate timeline). She was able to imprint on him and make him turn against his teammates.

Wolverine would not fight his son, so Natalie X turned on his berserker rage. They kept each other occupied until Psionics used them to knock each other out. When Hulk Jr. awoke, the team was in battle with the remaining Hysteries, a team created by an insane Gaea.

Scarlet Witch then siphoned the gamma radiation from Hulk Jr. to minimalize the threat he posed. Without his Hulk form, which he was brilliant in, he was far superior mentally. It would seem the gamma was making him dumber than he really was.

With his new found intellect, Rob was able to make a device to transport the Hysteries back to their proper timelines. He then used one of Reed Richards' time devices to go back to their dying Earth (with Wolverine, who Gaea had reduced to a walking skeleton). Back on their original world, Gaea gave Rob his gamma powers back, thus reducing his intelligence. In order to save both worlds, Wolverine stayed behind to help Gaea get her sanity back. He and Rob said their goodbyes and Gaea sent Hulk Jr. back to Nu-World.

Things went wrong though and the sun of Nu-World collapsed into a black hole. This caused time to accelerate and the people to revolt and wage war.

Lightwave and Alex Ultron took control of the world and used Natalie X to control as many of the populace as they could. Although not fully explained, it would seem Hulk Jr. have moral objections to this and he was taken prisoner.

When the Thing and the Human Torch came to Nu-World for a visit, Thing was captured as well. Hulk Jr. was rescued with the Thing where he punched and killed Lightwave's daughter Psionics, who was attacking them. Hulk Jr. remained behind saying he had unfinished business with Lightwave.

Hulk Jr. would eventually become the Maestro.

BANNED

I have to say, I actually really like how Greg Land draws Maestro. The face is occasionally a bit inconsistent, but other than that he looks fantastic. Glad I went with my gut and picked up Future Imperfect.

BANNED

But then there is the possibility that there are "more than one" Maestro belonging to different alternate realities that not only the "Future Imperfect"

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    But then there is the possibility that there are "more than one" Maestro belonging to different alternate realities that not only the "Future Imperfect"
    Yeah, the Nu-Defenders Maestro is not the same person as the Future Imperfect Maestro.
    The last one is most definitely Bruce Banner
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

BANNED

Does anyone else think that maybe Maestro is collecting powerful artifacts just so he can engage Dr. Doom? Perhaps he wishes to use the Destroyer's armor to create his own. Maybe it's the only armor powerful enough to shatter and release Molecule Man from his imprisonment.

Thoughts?

Amazing Member

The Molecule Man statue has to (at least I think it has to...) play a role since it has been showcased in the art, and it would be glorious if the Maestro was the one who tore it asunder, releasing a power source that Reed could employ to challenge Doom.

I fully expect Maestro to be sent to the cornfield immediately following by Doom-god, but this would be a good Maestro showing nonetheless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    The Molecule Man statue has to (at least I think it has to...) play a role since it has been showcased in the art, and it would be glorious if the Maestro was the one who tore it asunder, releasing a power source that Reed could employ to challenge Doom.

I fully expect Maestro to be sent to the cornfield immediately following by Doom-god, but this would be a good Maestro showing nonetheless.
    Defeating God Emperor Doom isn't necessary in order to have a good showing for Maestro. Stalemating and just engaging in a long battle with someone powerful enough to easily snuff out the Phoenix Force and it's avatar is impressive. If Maestro stalemates or fights a prolonged battle against God Emperor Doom, I'll be very impressed, as few can contend with someone who has the power of the Beyonders backing them up.

Nonetheless, it would be interesting if Maestro is the one who frees Molecule Man or somehow utilizes his power, whether using it himself or bestowing it to Reed Richards, to take down Doom.

BANNED

Future Imperfect #4 Preview

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/pr...4/1100-153067/

• THE MAESTRO, the THING, and the rest of the crew go looking for the DESTROYER in Norseheim... and find way more than they bargained for!

• What's a visit to Norseheim without an all-out battle against a guy named ULIK and an ARMY OF TROLLS?

• A face from the past returns-could this spell trouble for THE BARON OF DYSTOPIA?

BANNED

Who's excited about Future Imperfect #4?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Who's excited about Future Imperfect #4?
    I've been excited about this whole series. It's been great. Would have preferred a different artist, but the story is cool and it's the Maestro. I can't wait to see how he incorporates the Destroyer into his plan.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Have you guys seen the Ulik ownage in #4? I almost felt sorry for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Have you guys seen the Ulik ownage in #4? I almost felt sorry for him.
    Yes, I have.

Maestro continues to be a bad-ass!

I mean, at least in physical terms, Ulik is comparable to Thor. And those uru knuckle gauntlets are pretty formidable in their own right (In Thor #137, it's even stated that combined with Ulik's strength, the force of the uru knuckles could devastate a planet). But Maestro took Ulik's most powerful shot... and it didn't even affect him!

Then Maestro effortlessly, while in a calm state, pummeled/smashed Ulik to a pulp as if he were nothing. Not even Thor has ever done that in all their battles. It really shows how formidable Maestro is. I honestly can't wait until the next issue!!!

BANNED

Secret Wars: Battleworld #4- Preview

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comi...d-4-1699099/#8

BANNED

Maestro vs. Ulik

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 08-07-2015 at 10:38 AM.